Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Are these ebay HKS BOV real?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-12, 07:38 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

^^ Hilarious. People need to read before trying to flex.

I had a HKS SSQV running strong for about 4 years until I sold the car. Loved the sound but yea, they are mostly fake anywhere now. If you're not paying 200 or more your getting hosed, even then, theres really no way to tell until it's installed, buy direct bro
Old 06-25-12, 11:00 AM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
No ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm not the idiot making 700 on pump an meth! E-85 Cost less!!!!!!!!

No Precision (precussion) here Rocket scientist!!!!!

Hes on a T-3 OP. I run over 850 on E. Check the Signature and let me know when your feeling preppy again.

So I guess brains are not your strong point there skippy or else you would know a 74 MM with a 1.25 rear is beyond your comprehension

FYI: I make over 700 in torque big boy!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm cool on E85 when there are only 2 gas stations in my area that have it, and it sucks on start up in the winter in the northwest and i wouldn't be able to travel out of my area.

I'm feeling preppy now. How long did you have your synapse again? or are you an internet warrior?

I'd love to see your power under the curve with your 74mm BTW. Full boost at what, 6k?
Old 06-25-12, 02:08 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VinnyQH
I'm cool on E85 when there are only 2 gas stations in my area that have it, and it sucks on start up in the winter in the northwest and i wouldn't be able to travel out of my area.

I'm feeling preppy now. How long did you have your synapse again? or are you an internet warrior?

I'd love to see your power under the curve with your 74mm BTW. Full boost at what, 6k?

I have never had a Synapse BOV nor would I ever have on but have removed enough of them to replace with TIAL And real world experience over most internet jockeys. But here is a video for your viewing pleasure

Before I give you your request of my as you say 6k full boost you might want to consider/ Carillo H beams Carr bolts, CP 9 to 1 pistons, 210 pins, Billet mains, full ARP studded bottom L-19's , 1MM over In and out Ferrea with all supporting Ferrea dual springs, locks, keepers, guides, Kelford 274 cams 9.45 lift and shimless toyota buckets full port of head, intake plenum runners and exhaust all going through a VW Mani, DP,mid pipe on dual Tial 44's and dual Tial bov's
My soft cut is 9000rpm and my hard cut is 9500rpm.s All through a Getrag
Now for your Amusement. IT SUCKS HAVING 4000 RPMS OF BOOST IN EVERY GEAR.
Attached Thumbnails Are these ebay HKS BOV real?-20120315_095244.jpg  

Last edited by blk&blu*j; 06-25-12 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-25-12, 02:57 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VinnyQH

Vinny Vinny Vinny , you seemed to have barked up the wrong tree, Its understandable since you are from backwoods OR. But seriously " come at me bro " in your sig ?and you drive that sled ? Down here in sunny FL we do things a little diffrent BIG EVERYTHING , and i can tell you this much , the black supra is no slouch.With the power im making,that thing comes around me like im going in reverse. Roger nows his **** , and mostly everyone knows him down here as the " Black Draggon " for his beatiful 7' flames . So next time you try to get Vin Diesel on us , tread lightly my friend and do some reading.
Old 06-25-12, 04:22 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Here is my .02...for the OP
1) An HKS was the best solution for its time, did the job for it's application which was mainly an upgrade to stock turbo cars. No added power just a cute whistle that alerted the lead footed that you were on boost, yet still slow. Back in the day when cars were making serious power the BOV of choice was the Greddy Godzilla, for us who have been around that long know exactly which one. Enough about that

2) Synapse is Garbage. I was one of the first in South florida to have it and in addition was one of the first to figure out the configuration to work and not surge in JZ motors. Problem was when I turned up the wick all the hype went right out the window and the Synapse could not keep up with the demand. So in short , out went the synapse and in came the Tial. if they were to make a bigger one it would hold up in the arena that we play in, but until then Garbage as far as me and most of us reading this here is concerned.

3)Get a Tial, Look around and see what the big boys are running. Most only run 1 and don't need a second. Those who run 2 mainly do it for added safety. Better to spend 250 then 2500 replacing a turbo. Nuff Said.

..... and Vinny, you outta line. Most of us here been building these cars in our backyards and blowing them up at our own expense, figuring out Chit so when people here ask we can speak from our own experience and not give them BS that they read in Supraforums or heard from Billy from down the street. Humility goes a long way and keeps you from looking like an A.Ss.
Old 06-25-12, 04:42 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah guys I purchased a Tial 50mm a little while ago very impressed by the finish quality on it have not connected it yet will have to wait for the rest of my parts.
Old 06-25-12, 05:27 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
Yeah guys I purchased a Tial 50mm a little while ago very impressed by the finish quality on it have not connected it yet will have to wait for the rest of my parts.
You'll be extremely happy with your purchase and you will never have to look back and say I should have bought XXXX!

So on another note I bet you didn't expect to see this kind of drama from a thread about BOV's.LOL

Good luck keep us updated most of us are here to try to help, we all started somewhere.
Old 06-25-12, 05:33 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll be extremely happy with your purchase and you will never have to look back and say I should have bought XXXX!

So on another note I bet you didn't expect to see this kind of drama from a thread about BOV's.LOL

Good luck keep us updated most of us are here to try to help, we all started somewhere.
Thanks, yeah interesting BOV conversation, I now know how committed and passionate many people are about BOV's.
Old 06-25-12, 05:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

:
I agree with that. Guys lets keep this thread informative and factual; keep the personal callouts and cursing on the playground.