Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ Finally Done! Tuning Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-13, 02:54 PM
scmaluco
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WetLexus
Well started the car up today and was going to take it to my tuner............and the stupid problem came back!!! Another problem i realized is that i most likely need a new thermostat, car spikes up to 220 once warm. Checked under the hood found the top radiator hose was hot and the bottom radiator hose was cold....... no biggie..... but im seriously just stumped about this stupid revving issue!!!

Im going to stop screwing around and just switch out the ECU and see what happens, Cross your fingers everyone!
did you end up getting your car tuned? just wondering..
Old 01-06-13, 03:24 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I forgot about this thread some time ago. Good bump. Anyone know?
Old 01-06-13, 04:32 PM
suprahero
Driver

"Show Me"

the dyno results.

The above was a quote from one of the greatest westerns ever made. Ten cool points to anyone that gets it. Hopefully the OP comes in here and lets us know how his car is doing.
Old 01-21-13, 01:22 PM
WetLexus
Rookie

Hey everyone! I ve been super busy with work, school, and now an engagement LoL. I never got the car tuned. BUT i sent my ecu to driftmotion and............ ITS FIXED! Here is a short clip to show exhaust tone on the car.

I also fixed the extremely loose steering i had by changing the steering rack bushings. I bought the Daizen bushings and they worked like a charm.

My poor baby is just sitting in my garage with me not having time to give it some lovin. Im slowly working on the little things......headlights, speedometer, reverse lights, and some interior stuff.

I got the climate control working again (CIG FUSE). However, I HAVE NO HEAT!! I bypassed the Heater Control Valve by taking the coolant hoses and connecting them straight to the heater core connections on the firewall.........but still no heat :/

Thanks for keeping up with the thread and if anyone has questions about the steering bushings feel free to ask !