Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GTE or GTE style

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 12:38 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTE or GTE style

im looking for some info on the intake manifold was wondering for the price would it be better to buy a GTE head when i boost or just the boostwerx manifold? any other alternatives to the manifold i dont want it going over the engine i want it like the GTE manifold make life a lot easier or would the GTE intake manifold bolt right up not sure but i think that it wouldnt line up from what ive researched? sorry if its a double post couldnt find much info gave up
Old 08-28-08, 07:07 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

as far as i know the GTE head is not compatible on the GE block. im pretty sure of that as if it was many more people would have it. as far as a styled like GTE you can contact mark at XS-Power, he made one for production but ive never heard from it since. if you have the money swap out the head or put say a complete 1jz or 2jz-gte engine in.
Old 08-28-08, 07:51 AM
TJohnson
Driver

The GTE head will go on the GE block without issues mechanically, which is to say yes it will bolt to it but thats where the compatibility ends. The electronics is what become the issue. You can no longer use your stock ECU as the GTE head has no provisions for a distributor and just about everything is different.

The intake manifold and exhaust manifold patterns are different on the GTE as well. The GTE intake will not bolt up to the GE head. Some welding and fabrication would be required. There are a few intake manifolds out there for the GE head that are front face or GTE style.
Old 08-28-08, 04:39 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

any idea if a local shop is capable of taking my intake manifold and making it like the GTE so it doesnt go over the engine? i was reading on boostwerx and it said i would have to send my original runners in and i think they are asking way to much money if i have to provide my lower runners as a core
Old 08-28-08, 05:26 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scshinobi
any idea if a local shop is capable of taking my intake manifold and making it like the GTE so it doesnt go over the engine? i was reading on boostwerx and it said i would have to send my original runners in and i think they are asking way to much money if i have to provide my lower runners as a core
find a local car shop that offers fabrication and they should be able to do it. now it wont be cheap at all probably1500+ to get it done IMO
Old 08-28-08, 10:48 PM
cactusmole
Driver School Candidate

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-T...spagenameZWDVW
This is probably your best bet....as far as cost goes and what not.
Old 08-29-08, 02:53 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it can be done (gte intake manifold from gte to ge), and the head is compatable with the ge block but as far as electronics go you'd have to convert but it can be done.... just not worth your money
Old 09-01-08, 04:15 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

ive heard the ge style intake manifolds are more efficient because the Y splits the air evenly into all cylinders where the GTE the ones closer to the airfilter get more air then the ones behind it seems right but would that mean the GTE style manifold would wear the engine internals down unevenly? any input is appreciated thanks
Old 09-03-08, 05:18 PM
davidv433
Lead Lap

just how much do you have to do to the ge to make the gte head fit becuase of coil packs ? and does the gte head flow better than the ge or the only difference is the manifold. cheapest front facing style manifold i found for the ge is 500$ i think on ebay.
Old 09-04-08, 12:09 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

what about ITB? never seen those on a 2jz but then again ive never looked
Old 09-04-08, 12:40 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scshinobi
ive heard the ge style intake manifolds are more efficient because the Y splits the air evenly into all cylinders where the GTE the ones closer to the airfilter get more air then the ones behind it seems right but would that mean the GTE style manifold would wear the engine internals down unevenly? any input is appreciated thanks
Interesting comment,but look at 240's ka24 they have the intake that is curling and going to the same side .Even though the 93's have the butterfly's the 96's dont ,so butterflys cant be the answer.