Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

need to know all of the parts i need to do a 6speed in a sc300

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-08, 06:10 AM
turbocorey
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to know all of the parts i need to do a 6speed in a sc300

my car is auto now and going to put a supra 6speed in it . can some one give me a parts list for all the parts i need thanks o the motor is a 2jzgte

parts i have
clutch line
clutch reservoir
clutch c and b pedals

Last edited by turbocorey; 08-14-08 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-15-08, 12:01 AM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbocorey
my car is auto now and going to put a supra 6speed in it . can some one give me a parts list for all the parts i need thanks o the motor is a 2jzgte

parts i have
clutch line
clutch reservoir
clutch c and b pedals
I just did this swap, although mine was already a 5spd. Get ready to spend A LOT of money, and have be patient as hell as you try to find a 6spd tranny. Anyway, depending on the pumpkin you're gonna run, the parts list can be more or less. I ran the 6spd LSD pumpkin with my Getrag, so I had to use the 6spd axles on BOTH sides (not just one side like you'll read about in some threads, that WILL NOT WORK. At least not with a 6spd pumpkin). I also used a triple carbon clutch, and it eliminated the pull style setup, so if you go with that, you'll save yourself a bit of time sourcing that part of the setup too. You'll need a 6spd shifter, or a short shifter. Also, a 6spd driveshaft will need to be used, as Getrag DS's are not spline drive. They have a 4 bolt flange with some studs, and you'll also need to order the nuts for that 4 bolt flange from Toyota, as they CAN'T be sourced ANYWHERE else (and I assure you you WILL NOT be able to find them outside the Toyota dealer. Trust me, I tried everywhere. Specialty thread places, hardware, etc). The driveshaft itself was extended roughly 10in (10 inches longer than the stock supra DS that is). I forgot the exact measurement, but you'll see when the tranny is mounted up and everything is in position. There are a bunch of other things you're gonna need to do too since you're doing an auto conversion, but that's most of the stuff I had to do. It's actually a really easy swap, and if you have everything, it can all be done in a day. With me doing everything myself, and just the cost of all the parts (triple carbon clutch, Getrag, 6spd pumpkin, 6spd axles, driveshaft, misc parts), it ran me over 8k. Obviously, you don't NEED to use a triple disc and all that, so you can save a bunch of money, but I figured if I was gonna go all out, I might as well get the stuff I really want. Just my .02 though.