Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

5-Speed conversion, What parts do i attually need!?

Old 06-22-05, 08:31 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5-Speed conversion, What parts do i attually need!?

I've searched tons of times but never came across a complete list of parts i need...
Currently I have a tranny, driveshaft, rearend, flywheel, clutch, interior peice..

I know i need a master and slave cylinder...
Brake and clutch pedal..

What else do i need, I want to go order these parts allready... I promise a writeup will follow with pictures!

Thanks!
Old 06-22-05, 10:20 AM
Lex3486
Rookie

Well it's really minor but you might wanna replace the cluster with one that doesn't have the gear indicator lights.
Old 06-22-05, 11:29 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

haha, thats the least of my worries!
Old 06-22-05, 11:30 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

can anyone chime in?
Old 06-22-05, 03:08 PM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

can anyone confirm if can use supra parts?
Old 06-22-05, 05:39 PM
Lex3486
Rookie

I don't know alot about it man, but I'm pretty sure you have to change the ECU. I also happen to know that a few days ago I saw a SC3 5 speed ECU on ebay up for auction. I'd say that's a tough part to find-might oughtta start lookin!
Old 06-22-05, 06:00 PM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

If you find out that you can use supra parts, I have the whole 5spd setup. Trans, shifter, clutch, flywheel, starter, ecu, slave clyinder, clutch pedal, driveshaft.

The R154 soarer trans is the same length as the supra W58, so it should be a strait drop in

James
Old 06-22-05, 08:47 PM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MadMaxxNA
If you find out that you can use supra parts, I have the whole 5spd setup. Trans, shifter, clutch, flywheel, starter, ecu, slave clyinder, clutch pedal, driveshaft.

The R154 soarer trans is the same length as the supra W58, so it should be a strait drop in

James

i wouldent need it alll... just some parts...
but still no one has answered my question....?
Old 06-23-05, 09:24 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

pm me, i converted my auto to 6 speed
Old 06-23-05, 09:32 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

pm sent!
Old 06-23-05, 02:40 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DETUNED
pm me, i converted my auto to 6 speed
i was wondering when you would show up and save the day but no more interweb for you till you get those brakes fixed!!! you better be out this weekend
Old 06-23-05, 07:51 PM
philauldridge
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default manual tranny

[QUOTE=technol]I've searched tons of times but never came across a complete list of parts i need...
Currently I have a tranny, driveshaft, rearend, flywheel, clutch, interior peice..

Brake and clutch pedal..

What else do i need, I want to go order these parts allready... I promise a writeup will follow with pictures!

sounds like you're pretty well equipped in the parts department for the exchange. As far as I can tell, communications with between the ECU and automatic transmission is pretty much one way, toward the transmission. I'd be willing to bet that the automatic ECU would function just fine with the manual transmission. You'll just need to determine which of the wires on the auto trans connector feeds the back-up light connection, and then wire that into the manual tranny (your harness, of course, won't have the proper connector for the manual trans, but it should be pretty simple to connect up.

If you like, PM me, and I can look up the connector identification for you in the SC300 electrical manual
Old 06-24-05, 06:20 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by technol
I've searched tons of times but never came across a complete list of parts i need...

Brake and clutch pedal..

Thanks!
I think the brake pedal isn't necessary. Also I hear you can still use the flywheel you already have. basic parts you just need are the:

-master and slave cylinders
-Tranny
-driveshafts
-ECU
-clutch pedal assembly
-Clutch

..the rest are just minor things like the interior console pieces. The auto ECU can be used but not reccommended. I hear it gives you messed up timing. You can also use the stock auto differential too. The only difference in the other differential is the wider gear ratio which is like a 3.2 or something. I will be doing my swap as soon as I find someone who is selling the driveshafts. That is the only thing keeping me from doing the swap. I will keep the forum updated. I'll try and post up pics aswell on how I did it.
Old 06-24-05, 06:46 PM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I think the brake pedal isn't necessary. Also I hear you can still use the flywheel you already have. basic parts you just need are the:

-Tranny
-driveshafts
-ECU
-clutch pedal assembly
-Clutch

..the rest are just minor things like the interior console pieces. The auto ECU can be used but not reccommended. I hear it gives you messed up timing. You can also use the stock auto differential too. The only difference in the other differential is the wider gear ratio which is like a 3.2 or something. I will be doing my swap as soon as I find someone who is selling the driveshafts. That is the only thing keeping me from doing the swap. I will keep the forum updated. I'll try and post up pics aswell on how I did it.
Well thankfully, I have the differential.. and the driveshaft..
and you do need the brake pedal, especally if you have big feet like me... i dont want to be bumping it on accident! I plan to use the stock ecu for a while till i get the manual one...
theres a few more parts i need, such as flywheel bolts, pilot bearing etc..
Old 06-24-05, 10:11 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3

-Tranny
-driveshafts
-ECU
-clutch pedal assembly
-Clutch

you dont need the ecu. the auto will work fine, and there will be not timing issues. that has nothing to do with the tranny. there is a significant difference in the auto and mannual break pedal.... the way its shaped. oh, and its really not hard to find a 5-speed DS if you just ask.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5-Speed conversion, What parts do i attually need!?