Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ems

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-06, 04:13 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ems

im just courious as to wut kind of engine management people are running. i heard that aem sux. and motec is too expensive.
Old 12-21-06, 06:36 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

aem does not suck. maybe the tuner cant tune it thats why.
Old 12-21-06, 06:39 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the Power FC
Old 12-21-06, 07:12 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

How much did you pick your power fc up for kaotiq?
Old 12-21-06, 09:05 PM
ebydrc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luv Da Lex
aem does not suck. maybe the tuner cant tune it thats why.
plus one AEM EMS is rated number one in nearly every ensuithiest (sp) community from, mitisu, supra, honda, subie, vw, etc. if someone said aem was no good the were subject to a faulty product or most likely the tuner(s)

short of spending the 7k+ for autoronic aem IS the BEST bar none
Old 12-21-06, 09:34 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

kaotic, if you are capable of posting your sheets, i would greatly appreciate it
i'd like to compare to the stocks.

contemplating attempting to tune myself, but if the base maps are different in timing, spark, and everything else other than just fuel, i'll pass.
Old 12-22-06, 11:44 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the PFC for about $1100 if my memory serves me correctly. Mine is actually made for a 2JZGTE, but rewired by my master mechanic, Steve Rodgers (www.SRmotorcars.com, shamless plug), to work with my motor setup.

Once i have some decent sheets, i will post them up. As of right now... they are not that impressive.
Old 12-22-06, 12:54 PM
d1trainee
Pole Position

well my friend with a 1000hp supra hated aem. he also had it tuned by a aem authorized tuner. it was really inconsistant. since hes rich he bought motec and now titan is tuning it with a biggger turbo. hoping for 1200hp. power fc sounds good too. i was looking at fcon v pro
Old 12-22-06, 02:52 PM
ebydrc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by d1trainee
well my friend with a 1000hp supra hated aem. he also had it tuned by a aem authorized tuner. it was really inconsistant. since hes rich he bought motec and now titan is tuning it with a biggger turbo. hoping for 1200hp. power fc sounds good too. i was looking at fcon v pro
sounds like he made 1000 horse though many people run them with out any problems, motec is great but is $$$, fcon v pro is great but you as a consumer cannot access any maps nor can you change anything, thats a huge sacrifce. aem is proven i can give horror stories about any ems its about success to failure.
Old 12-23-06, 12:54 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by d1trainee
Hahah. Authorized tuner? You mean one of those guys who went to a day long presentation on how to use it. Yeah, my AEM EMS was initially tuned by one of these guys and the car didn't drive too well. I went to Sound Performance and everything works great now. No problems. Infact, it's almost all in one solution with anti-lag, 2 step, additional injector control, special activated switches, etc etc.

Chris
Old 12-23-06, 11:41 AM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

let me see he probably hated AEM because darin at titan told him to hate it which if the car was at titan thats who was tuning it and why is this?? because he is paid to support motec not AEM. why you might ask? because well 1 yes it is better but aem is not a bad set up but the real reason darin is pushing motec is because titan is direct with motec there for they make alot of money on them when they sell them and titan is black listed from AEM for *****ing out their products so now titan doesnt buy AEM from AEM any longer please know what your talking about before you post something
Old 12-23-06, 04:07 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

aem is crap? i think not. i had my aem tuned by a "highly reccomended" tuner that has been mentioned here on the boards before and the car stalled and had a heavily fluctuating afr through the whole power band, from idle to redline.
i then went to my original tuner i had always used and i must say, no stalling, rock steady afr's and my second tuner didnt mess up my interior like the first one did. my original tuner even laughed his butt off when he looked at the map.

imo, your tuner of choice makes allllll the difference in the world. find someone who knows aem and you will be very satisfied.
Old 12-23-06, 04:22 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kaotiq, care to share which pins need swappign to get the cel to work?
i've been searching, and the last place it seems to look is in that huge post about 1jz swap issues .

I'd like to have the cel working to try and use the pfc with it.
Old 12-23-06, 05:29 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

btw racer walsh sells power FC's for way less than 1100 for the power fc and the commander together for the 1jz or actually any of the applications that apexi made them for