Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

radiator question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 03:02 PM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator question

member number 10000 with a radiator leak. So I'm ready to order in a new radiator(koyo or pwr) but i was wondering with a little bit thicker core if i would have to run electric fans?
Old 06-26-06, 07:20 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I've got Supra TT thick Koyo installed in my SC300 2jzgte and it fits easily with clearance using stock Supra fan. You will not have any issues that I know of. It is an excellent radiator and looks great.
Old 07-16-06, 03:52 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

the supra koyo will fit as a stock replacement in the sc300 with no mods?
Old 07-16-06, 05:28 PM
XxSC400xX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SC400 Koyo Install w/ Lots of Pics
Installation in an SC300 would be similar.
Old 07-18-06, 02:54 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

This is going on a 5 speed inline 6 and it seems that a V8 auto would be different.
So has anyone put a performance koyo in a 5speed SC300
Old 07-18-06, 03:56 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Does anyone have a pic of the larger Koyo radiator installed in the SC300.... I want to see that if possible....

For minor leaks check hoses first then go to the auto shop and get the additive called "radiator stop leak" It's like liquid metal and does work most of the time..... If it is the top plastic pressure cover that is leaking at the seal you will need a new radiator....Those plastic radiators tops always leak over time...I got the metal top new radiator, but not a Koyo.. The pic looks like plastic but it is metal/alluminum....
Attached Thumbnails radiator question-hpim0430.jpg  
Old 08-09-06, 01:02 AM
sc3dreamz
Rookie

Originally Posted by jibbby
Does anyone have a pic of the larger Koyo radiator installed in the SC300.... I want to see that if possible....

For minor leaks check hoses first then go to the auto shop and get the additive called "radiator stop leak" It's like liquid metal and does work most of the time..... If it is the top plastic pressure cover that is leaking at the seal you will need a new radiator....Those plastic radiators tops always leak over time...I got the metal top new radiator, but not a Koyo.. The pic looks like plastic but it is metal/alluminum....
Its been a while since I was on here to reply about this. It is the plastic end cap about a half an inch below the radiator cap. I used the jb weld type material for plastic and it does the trick for around a month and then I have to replace it, but I havent had any overheating issues at all as long as I keep replacing the sealer I use when it loosens up. I know cooling is a very important part when boosting and I will be looking to boost very soon, but I was wondering if anyone has noticed a difference between the stock like radiator with the metal end caps v.s. the aftermarket radiators that are all aluminum. I know that sounds like a dumb question but I just wanted to see if the difference is that noticeable. Its not a matter of price for me but more of a matter of if its a drastic difference or not.