Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM To USDM Auto GTE into 99 Sc300 Swap Info

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 08:14 PM
Shinbone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM To USDM Auto GTE into 99 Sc300 Swap Info

I could not find any answers about USDM 2JZ GTE Auto Tranny into SC300 body. I have searched everywhere on this forum and still have not found anything with other members doing a GTE AUTO into the SC300 or any info on it. If some one has done this, any heads up will be greatly appreciated. The drive shaft does not look like bolt on, SC looks like it slides on where as Supra is bolt pattern. Thank you for the input in advance. John

This rest of the post is for someone who is interested in doing the swap of JDM 2JZGTE to USDM 2JZGTE Auto into 99 SC300 Auto chassis.

Before I begin, just a snap shot of my obsession with 2JZGTE =). I was fortunate enough to have owned a 98 TT, which became T78, and later down the years, also 94 HKS TT. After selling all the toys, I still wanted a 2JZGTE but out of the Supra body. So that’s how the SC300 idea came about, could go into more detail, but why look back =).

Ok, I have been in process of doing this project for a little over a year now. Many of the hold backs were, finding the motor, but also realizing that this is not as easy as Honda motor swap =). But, recently my mechanic, Billy Cha, I am sure everyone on the north east has heard of him, he can be found all over www.supraforums.com, was able to find a JDM 2JZGTE Motor and started to tackle this project. He has never done one, well didn't not wanted to do it neither but I convinced him other wise. The information from this forum, supraforums, and intellexual, really answered a lot of my intial quesiton and I wanted to just thank those website. Well anyways, today he has completed the necessary conversion over to USDM.

Let me list the things that was done. I have just found bits and pieces from the websites here and there, but never really found all the info. on one post, so let me just list some things, I am sure I am going to miss something out as well, but I will do my best...

JDM 2JZGTE to USDM 2JZGTE Spec.

1) USDM Water Pump
2) Misc. parts off of JDM water pump
3) USDM cams (make sure to measure every one of them, mine happen to fall under the specs)
4) USDM fuel rails/injectors
5) JDM upper intake (no EGR, but extra plug (which I didn’t plug in, I will tell you if I need to plug it in after I start it) (also you will need the top fitting that looks like L shape, banjo nut/crush washer etc.)
6) USDM lower intake
7) USDM turbo (You would need ALL the parts, almost nothing works from JDM, oil return line etc.)
8) USDM wiring harness
9) USDM ECU
10) USDM gasket set from Toyota, cheaper
11) Went with VPC, that way I don’t have to fool around with MAP...
12) JDM belt tension seemed same so kept that one
13) USDM AC compressor
14) USDM PS/Reservoir. (all found in Phil's book)
15) Motor mounts were missing for mine, so I swapped with USDM
16) USDM Throttle body (someone said JDM don’t fit, so just replaced it)
17) Misc. connector hoses
18) USDM oil pan with connector
19) Fuel solenoid behind throttle body (don’t know what it was called, blue plug)
20) Mine did not have igniter, resistor, etc...things from Phil's book
21) Change all the belt/much of the gaskets (duh! Just in case you forgot)

Other things to consider
22) USDM GTE Auto Tranny
23) Greddy Intercooler/piping
24) Misc. Gauges, RMM down pipe, etc…

*** BTW, not everything have to swapped over, such as AC and belt tension, I don’t think, I just swapped them, because I had spare parts from my old supras ***

Well, swapping all these things, I thought it would take more than 3 days, but Billy, who has been working on Supra motors since they were first introduced, really impressed me, because he had everything above swapped out in less than a day. Thanks Billy!, and I will try to post some pictures after this project is completed, hopefully it does not snow and delay the project =(

Last edited by Shinbone; 12-17-05 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-02-05, 08:26 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

right on! welcome to CL, enjoy your stay.
Old 12-12-05, 08:54 PM
SC300TT!
Rookie

Talking Drive Shaft Issue 2jzgte Auto

Hello Shinbone,
Most people out there are getting custom driveshafts made...no need. You can use a SC400 Drive shaft + transmission output flange and it'll bolt right up.
FYI SC400 Drive shaft ~$150 used
Output flange ~$75 new
Old 12-12-05, 11:53 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300TT!
Hello Shinbone,
Most people out there are getting custom driveshafts made...no need. You can use a SC400 Drive shaft + transmission output flange and it'll bolt right up.
FYI SC400 Drive shaft ~$150 used
Output flange ~$75 new
Your still better off with a custom ds. Those output flange)flex couplers) are made of rubber and will shred after a short while. You will need 2 of the flanges.
There was a thread awhile back that mentioned the failure of the rubber flanges.

gadgetSC-t
Old 12-13-05, 12:24 PM
Shinbone

Default driveshaft

Thank you, i will try both ways, the project is on hold now until cruise is over =(
Old 12-13-05, 01:14 PM
SC300TT!
Rookie

Default drive Shaft

The SC400 shaft I recommend on only lightly modified/stock 2jzgte...if not go custom.
Old 11-14-07, 09:55 AM
isc300t
Driver School Candidate

sorry to bring up from the death, I recently purcahsed a Aristo gte motor with the tranny , there are alredy a 3 hole flange on there http://ebay.jhotexports.com/26822/26822_3.jpg from the aristo motor, do I still need to buy the Sc400 output flange? if I do ,can somebody give me the part number for it becuase I can't find it from the dealership. for those who keep the stock turbo, can did you deal with the turbo inlet pipe and the oil return line? thanx
Old 11-14-07, 12:24 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by isc300t
sorry to bring up from the death, I recently purcahsed a Aristo gte motor with the tranny , there are alredy a 3 hole flange on there http://ebay.jhotexports.com/26822/26822_3.jpg from the aristo motor, do I still need to buy the Sc400 output flange? if I do ,can somebody give me the part number for it becuase I can't find it from the dealership. for those who keep the stock turbo, can did you deal with the turbo inlet pipe and the oil return line? thanx
get me a pic of what you need, i have alot of sc400 parts
Old 11-14-07, 02:47 PM
isc300t
Driver School Candidate

I am wondering if i can just use the output on my aristro motor. thank you
Old 02-28-10, 02:52 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

BAck up from the dead!

Has anyone drilled holes/installed the EGR valves into the JDM engine? Is it something hard to do? I wanna have a CA legal 2jz.
Old 02-28-10, 06:42 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No man lol, You don't need an EGR to pass emission but i don't know about CA Emission Law maybe they do a visual Test.
Old 02-28-10, 09:36 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Haha yeah...the reason why i said CA legal, is because they do check for EGR.