Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone using a Cometic Headgasket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 07:22 AM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using a Cometic Headgasket?

Hey guys, new SC owner here. My shop normally deals with Honda/Acura/Nissan so im a little new to the toyota world, but not to the turbo world. Anywho, I deal with cometic directly and they will make me a custom gasket for a very resonable price. I can have them do anything from 1.2mm-2.5mm, and was wondering if any of you guys have used their gaskets seccesfully? They hold up fine on our 600whp+ street cars, but i dont see many supra/lexus owners using them.....Also, i thought the GE motor was an 86mm bore, i see all the hks/greddy listings for 88mm?? Thanks in advance for any help given.

Josh
Old 02-23-05, 07:31 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

I deal w/ Cometic as well and was actaully wondering the same thing.....
Old 02-23-05, 08:15 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

a couple supra guys used their headgaskets. do a search on supraforums.com
Old 02-23-05, 08:23 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshFSM
Hey guys, new SC owner here. My shop normally deals with Honda/Acura/Nissan so im a little new to the toyota world, but not to the turbo world. Anywho, I deal with cometic directly and they will make me a custom gasket for a very resonable price. I can have them do anything from 1.2mm-2.5mm, and was wondering if any of you guys have used their gaskets seccesfully? They hold up fine on our 600whp+ street cars, but i dont see many supra/lexus owners using them.....Also, i thought the GE motor was an 86mm bore, i see all the hks/greddy listings for 88mm?? Thanks in advance for any help given.

Josh
they actually make up to 3mm, but yes the cliche quote "you get what you pay for". i've heard good and bad things about them, but i guess most people lean more towards greaddy 2mm or sp's 3mm stacked gasket because more people are familiar with these and haven't had many problems.

yeah do a search on supraforums remember seeing a thread or two posted up there.
Old 02-23-05, 08:51 AM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Thanks for the fast replies fellas, although for some odd reason supraforums wont allow me to register....But as far as the get what you pay for saying goes, i feel the same way. Although all cometic does is make gaskets, hks and greddy make a ton of other products, so i feel somewhat confident that cometic knows what they are doing as they only do one thing.

Any info as per my question regarding the bore? Sorry for being such a noob, but i need to get this car together asap. Gonna try and make some big power on the GE, and dont wanna buy anything twice.