New - Used - NX200t in the family (and questions) - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > NX Models (2015-present)
New - Used - NX200t in the family (and questions) >

New - Used - NX200t in the family (and questions)

Notices
NX Models (2015-present)

New - Used - NX200t in the family (and questions)

Old 01-03-19, 10:03 AM
  #1  
Eduskator
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: La Belle Province
Posts: 220
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default New - Used - NX200t in the family (and questions)

Hi all,

So long story short, I wanted a NX for myself and been shopping for one since this summer. My truck now being used only for commuting, I wanted something smaller, and to be honest, more luxurious. My girlfriend ended up blind-siding me (lol) last Saturday and bought a used fully loaded 2015 (F-Sport 3) with low mileage for a decent price (very good deal actually!).

I will post pictures when we'll pick it up at the stealership. In the meanwhile, if a few NX owners could give me their thoughts and answer the following questions, I would appreciate it!

1- Remote starter: Do you have one? Aftermarket? Genuine? I'm aware Lexus is a pain in the a** with remote starter and we don't want a second fob, so I'm looking to buy the plug and play that will work with the OEM fob since the vehicle is parked outside and it's damn cold in winter.

2- Extended warranty : What do you think? If I may ask, was your extended warranty expensive? Toyota is known for its reliability, but mechanic being mechanic and will all the technologies in it, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to buy an extra 2 year on the basic warranty (full coverage) - for the time she plans on keeping it. I bought one on my 2011 IS250 and I ended up using it 1 year after for a faulty piece in the steering column (1500$ charge). Needless to say that I was happy I had bought it.

The vehicle's basic warranty expires in April 2019 and the power train warranty expires in April 2021, so we still have a few months left before making a decision.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Eduskator; 01-03-19 at 10:09 AM.
Eduskator is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 03:22 PM
  #2  
ukrkoz
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: wa
Posts: 1,318
Thanked 130 Times in 121 Posts
Default

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...e-starter.html

Extended warranty makes sense only if you were to keep car very long or put ton of miles on it, so you run out of mileage warranty fast..

Please, do not call dealers stealership. They are just like you and me and not all of them are dirty bastards. I actually know quite a few very decent ones and folks working there. Remember - whoever is without the sin himself, let him cast the first rock. And not a single hand raised....
ukrkoz is offline  
Old 01-03-19, 05:34 PM
  #3  
Lex2000TL
Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Lex2000TL is offline  
Old 01-04-19, 09:40 AM
  #4  
Eduskator
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: La Belle Province
Posts: 220
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...e-starter.html

Extended warranty makes sense only if you were to keep car very long or put ton of miles on it, so you run out of mileage warranty fast..

Please, do not call dealers stealership. They are just like you and me and not all of them are dirty bastards. I actually know quite a few very decent ones and folks working there. Remember - whoever is without the sin himself, let him cast the first rock. And not a single hand raised....
It's sad to say, but most of them are. There's always the exception to the rule, but a business is a business, and its sole purpose is to generate profit (which is perfectly fine). But anyways, not the topic of the conversation here. Thanks for the link.

I'm my case, mileage is not an issue, the end of the warranty is (April 2019). We're only considering the extended warranty to cover the extra period of time we'll own it since hey...who likes to pay for expensive repairs on top of its monthly loan payments?

Last edited by Eduskator; 01-04-19 at 09:48 AM.
Eduskator is offline  
Old 01-04-19, 03:19 PM
  #5  
ukrkoz
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: wa
Posts: 1,318
Thanked 130 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Don't you have 6 yrs power train? What puts you into 2021?
Powertrain Warranty
The Powertrain Warranty is for 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Except for the situations listed on the Basic Warranty page, this warranty covers repairs needed to fix defects in materials or workmanship of any component listed below:
  • Engine: Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, timing belt and cover, flywheel, oil pan, water pump, fuel pump, engine mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets.
  • Transmission and Transaxle: Case and all internal parts, torque converter, clutch cover, mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets.
  • Front-Wheel Drive System: Driveshaft, axle, hub, bearings, seals and gaskets.
  • Rear-Wheel Drive System: Differential carrier assembly, driveshaft, axle carrier, axle case, axle bearing, axle shaft and gaskets.
Why worry then?
ukrkoz is offline  
Old 01-04-19, 04:18 PM
  #6  
slypx
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Quebec
Posts: 99
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Eduskator View Post
1- Remote starter: Do you have one? Aftermarket? Genuine? I'm aware Lexus is a pain in the a** with remote starter and we don't want a second fob, so I'm looking to buy the plug and play that will work with the OEM fob since the vehicle is parked outside and it's damn cold in winter...
I’m pretty sure you’ll end up like me with a second keyfob like there is no other option in Canada even on my 2018. There is a full thread, that I started, on the subject. One more important point, the OEM keyfob has a very low power transmitter, works from a few dozens feet but not more than that.

As for your relation with dealership, I don’t know which one you are talking about but as you are in my area I can root for the Lexus dealer in Laval, QC. From my first visit (7 months before buying) up to my visit last month for a Lexus recall I am fully satisfied and I’m a demanding customer !


slypx is offline  
Old 01-05-19, 09:10 PM
  #7  
Eduskator
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: La Belle Province
Posts: 220
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Don't you have 6 yrs power train? What puts you into 2021?
Powertrain Warranty
The Powertrain Warranty is for 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Except for the situations listed on the Basic Warranty page, this warranty covers repairs needed to fix defects in materials or workmanship of any component listed below:
  • Engine: Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, timing belt and cover, flywheel, oil pan, water pump, fuel pump, engine mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets.
  • Transmission and Transaxle: Case and all internal parts, torque converter, clutch cover, mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets.
  • Front-Wheel Drive System: Driveshaft, axle, hub, bearings, seals and gaskets.
  • Rear-Wheel Drive System: Differential carrier assembly, driveshaft, axle carrier, axle case, axle bearing, axle shaft and gaskets.
Why worry then?
The power train is not what I am worried of. The basic coverage (commonly known as ''bumper to bumper'') is the one I might want to keep. I was wondering if some of you had issues with other components than the engine and transmission.
Eduskator is offline  
Old 01-05-19, 09:12 PM
  #8  
Eduskator
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: La Belle Province
Posts: 220
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by slypx View Post


Iím pretty sure youíll end up like me with a second keyfob like there is no other option in Canada even on my 2018. There is a full thread, that I started, on the subject. One more important point, the OEM keyfob has a very low power transmitter, works from a few dozens feet but not more than that.

As for your relation with dealership, I donít know which one you are talking about but as you are in my area I can root for the Lexus dealer in Laval, QC. From my first visit (7 months before buying) up to my visit last month for a Lexus recall I am fully satisfied and Iím a demanding customer !


I am also very satisfied with Lexus' customer service. In fact, it's the best I ever got from a dealership.
Eduskator is offline  
Old 01-06-19, 08:38 PM
  #9  
LexusHoo
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: VA
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My 2017 came with the Lexus certified pre owned warranty. Does yours not?
LexusHoo is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: