NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Wish list for your future NX

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-17, 05:31 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wish list for your future NX

What would be your greatest most wanted feature for your future NX?
Old 06-25-17, 09:52 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

To get started, here my wish list :

-NO turbo lag
-Key hole for fob.
-360 Integrated dashcam recorded (black box)
-More AI , voice greating and voice feedback and tips when low fuel, she will propose destination to closes gas station.
-A cooler (not fridge as its not 24/7 powered on) like in the RX models.
-More body color choices: ex Red, Turquoise, Violet, etc...
-Laptop rest bay area.
-Twin Turbo.
-Custom color changing led for door foot lights
-Scrolling rear turn signal leds
-Adjustable Suspension for non sports model
-Rear mid spoiler
-Rear camera mounted inside car, will keep it less dirty.

Last edited by Lazerboy; 06-27-17 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-25-17, 10:45 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Android Auto

Move the seat memory buttons higher on door away from my knee!

Put satellite radio on the option list.

redesign dash so video screen is incorporated inside the dash, not the pop tart it is now. Also use a new screen material that water won't ruin it.

Digital clock and digital speedometer
Old 06-25-17, 10:52 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Auto folding mirrors is what I miss most.
Our 17 RX F has them.
Old 06-25-17, 05:27 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 694 Likes on 509 Posts

Better sound deadening. This car has more road noise than any other Lexus we have owned.

HUD in US models.
Apple carplay
Old 06-26-17, 03:36 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,066 Likes on 695 Posts

Love everything about the NX but these three items. My wish list is more cosmetic. Lose the black plastic around each wheel well. Certainly not needed and looks cheap. Integrate the nav screen in the dash. It looks like the engineer's forgot the design and velcroed an IPad to the top of the dash. Go back to one tone interiors. My wife and I both like light interior cars. I know this is a personal choice but Lexus is now eliminating the personal choice of a light interior. Sorry designer's the seat inserts alone do not make a light interior. At least give customers the option of two tone or solid color interiors. They do this and we are getting a 2018. The attached pic IMO is not attractive. Before anyone jumps on my comments, the thread stated MY wishlist!!! Personal preferences are not wrong but just that personal. Almost forgot, as Doug above stated HUD. Rented a Buick LaCrosse in Florida this past winter and it had HUD. We both really enjoyed it. At first thought it might be a gimmick but a great addition.
Attached Thumbnails Wish list for your future NX-e3b89066a2345fe9c19dec95d9.jpg  

Last edited by Freds430; 06-26-17 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-26-17, 09:48 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Lots of good suggestions! I like the Apple CarPlay, idea, although I've never actually seen it to know if it's any good. I want them to have upgradable infotainment firmware, so when they figure out display and menu options, or apps (Waze) that make sense, I'll be able to enjoy them. I don't know why Lexus seems to lag in this area.

Folding mirrors are nice, and the comment about the location of the memory seats buttons is spot on! Whoever thought that low on the door wher you can't see them, would be a good idea? I like about everything else. The view from behind isn't very flattering. It looks small and narrow from that particular angle. Sorta pinched, but I do like the tail lights, and the other angles are terrific.

Its a pretty nice ca, especially considering it's a small SUV. There is nothing I can think of that I'd rather have. It's close to perfect, for me.
Old 06-26-17, 10:38 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

-NO turbo lag - Bigger engine in general, 2.5ltr+ so it has the displacement to spin up the turbos
-Key hole for fob. - Huh? Nah?
-360 Integrated dashcam recorded (black box) - Yes, agreed
-More AI , voice greating and voice feedback and tips when low fuel, she will propose destination to closes gas station. - I'm not dumb enough to forget fuel, don't need it talking to me about it
-A cooler (not fridge as its not 24/7 powered on) like in the RX models. - Waste of space, I'll put a normal cooler in the trunk
-More body color choices: ex Red, Turquoise, Violet, etc... - Black is best
-Laptop rest bay area. - Where?
-Twin Turbo. - Uh no, it just needs more displacement
-Custom color changing led for door foot lights - waste of money
-Scrolling rear turn signal leds - coolish but will make the taillights oversized
-Adjustable Suspension for non sports model - I have AVS already haha
-Read mid spoiler - Hell no
-Read camera mounted inside car, will keep it less dirty. - Noticed it gets dirty quick too, at least put a spray jet on it lol

The lexus is a compromise IMO, it's the most reliable and sensible choices of the compact luxury SUV's but it's not nearly as fun as some of the competitors (aka Macan, F-Pace).
Old 06-26-17, 11:26 AM
MartinJX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NX450h plug-in.
Old 06-26-17, 04:46 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
-NO turbo lag - Bigger engine in general, 2.5ltr+ so it has the displacement to spin up the turbos
-More AI , voice greating and voice feedback and tips when low fuel, she will propose destination to closes gas station. - I'm not dumb enough to forget fuel, don't need it talking to me about it
-A cooler (not fridge as its not 24/7 powered on) like in the RX models. - Waste of space, I'll put a normal cooler in the trunk
-Scrolling rear turn signal leds - coolish but will make the taillights oversized
-Read camera mounted inside car, will keep it less dirty. - Noticed it gets dirty quick too, at least put a spray jet on it lol

The lexus is a compromise IMO, it's the most reliable and sensible choices of the compact luxury SUV's but it's not nearly as fun as some of the competitors (aka Macan, F-Pace).

When I mentioned AI, I meant (watch this below)

My Gas station was an exemple, as for getting the Nav to get you to the closest gas station with the lowest rates....etc...
Old 06-26-17, 09:39 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How about Lexus give us everything they gave the other markets but didn't give us in the States? Let's at least start there.
Old 06-26-17, 09:42 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy

You just jumped up into a higher price bracket with that. Those features only come on cars that are significantly more expensive.

I want alot of those features too that's why I'm looking at the Range Rover Velar as my next car.
Old 06-27-17, 04:01 AM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by tresmith00
You just jumped up into a higher price bracket with that. Those features only come on cars that are significantly more expensive.

I want alot of those features too that's why I'm looking at the Range Rover Velar as my next car.
Ranger Rover realibility is not there yet. My brother purchased the Ranger Rover Discovery and never had so many drivetrain problems in other car than this one does.
Old 06-27-17, 02:01 PM
mnnuts
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple options, some pricey add ons too

Other than the first, simple request I'm willing to pay more for most of these options in the future. Too many regional options limit buyers. Wife just got a 2017 IS350 F Sport and couldn't get the Mark Levison stero option in the Midwest market. Money talks - make it available to all areas of the country.

Cabin Filter air recycling BUTTON on the console - not hidden in the frickin thermostat options settings.
Mark Levison audio option
More exterior color options; willing to pay the upcharge for Infrared color
Why no variations of Grey Interior Nuluxe options with select Exterior Colors? Tired of Black.
Passenger seat lumbar support
Built in camera recording (front/rear) for accident "evidence" - black box idea

Already looking at Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Assist next time. Those are awesome features that honestly should be industry standards for safety.
Old 06-27-17, 05:52 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,066 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazerboy
Ranger Rover realibility is not there yet. My brother purchased the Ranger Rover Discovery and never had so many drivetrain problems in other car than this one does.
#1 for six years in a row or # 24 for dependability. Third least to maintain versus the sixteenth. Know which one my $$$ is going toward.
http://twocents.lifehacker.com/the-c...ver-1781639773
Attached Thumbnails Wish list for your future NX-17_vds_chart_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wish list for your future NX