Md,, the next chapter...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-07, 08:19 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Md,, the next chapter...

Md area,

Because of the time involved to plan some events (some more than others) , I am already starting to think ahead for activities that we can conduct POST Carlisle. Am thinking well into the summer, and I have a few ideas on stuff that we can do, however I would like to get a general idea of what you all may have floating around in your heads. I want the events to be fair for everyone and at least give everyone an OPPORTUNITY to attend. Keep in mind that I am well aware that SOME people cannot plan so far in advancec (I am no exception to this), but Iwould like to gather some ideas from you (the MD chapter) on things we can do this year so that thing can be considered and tentative plans can be started.

Here is what is floating around my head for ideas:

1. Definately the monthly meets thing!! Would like to know if [a] if anyone wants to do so like the NY crew does, and if so what day? {ie. third sat of month, 4th, whatever. Or we can change it up and do a bi-weekly, bi-monthly, etc. Looking for your input here. [b} if not one is interested in monthly meets then what do you suggest for the local MD members to come together?

2. Was thinking about doing a "family day" meet. This is where you can bring members of your family out with you and we all just meet up and hang out at an amusement park or something. This way no one has to find a babysitter (cough,cough,,Rare1 and GZ,,LOL!!!) Incorporate the family into the atmosphere and let them see some of the great people you associate with,, oh and the hot cars too. Maybe we can do a Six Flags hangout or jump down to Kings Dominion. Those of you who dont wish to drive your cars there, then let's arrange to rent a van or something to travel. Remember Neloc is not all just about the cars, but the people who drive them!!

3. DEFINATELY want to throw a BBQ down here for a change!!! NY has all of the fun and they BBQ like every SUN, starting as early as next month. Would like to host something like that down here and we can invite them here for that for a change instead of it being the other way around. Again, this is possibly another chance to incorporate family into your activities.

4. It was suggested by Smitty a little while ago, some kind of impromptu meet. Nothing official, just a little get together like at the end of the week or something to just hang out,, go bowling,,hit up D&B,, what ever. This will strengthen the bond between members in that we will get to know you as a person,, not just your car. What do yall think?

5. Thinking of taking MD NELOC on road!! In all fairness Craig(Greed777) is probably one of the most die hard members that we have. He lives in the Pittsburgh area, runs several businesses, and yet MAKES time to bless us with his presence at many events. I have spoken with him on several occasions and he has already expressed his welcome for us to have a meet/gathering/get together/sabatical/etc out where he lives. I would like to get something together to jump out ot his area for a change. It is about a 3 hr ride from B-more (straight up 70). Again, I know that not everyone may not want to make the drive so we may be able to just rent a van or something,, again these are only suggestions.

That's all I have floating around for right now, but I really would like to know what YOU are thinking as well. We will vote on the most popular ones and getr the ball rolling. Please keep in mind that not everyone is going to be happy and we cant cater to everyone at the same time. We would enjoy having you participate in our events, but as always participation is VOLUNTARY. These events take time, careful planning, and believe it or not,, MONEY. Systems will be put into place for each event, etc for members who plan to attend to pitch in and help out with the cost. This is for the benefit of all of us and not just one particular person. Anyway,, these are just my thoughts,, so tell me yours.

Attention:: Just because this post is aimed primarily at the MD members, this does not mean that anyone else is not welcome to attend!! All events are open to all members. Just ask that whatever guidelines that are set for that event be adhered to so that thing will come together and flow smoothly.

Thanks guys/gals!!!
Old 03-26-07, 09:04 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Down for a drive to pittsburgh and a day at six flags...

impromptu meets cool too... i would...depending on after today you maryland guys might be seeing more of me anyway

put up the bat signal and let me know
Old 03-26-07, 09:10 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm down for all at this point. Six Flags is def whatsup. Plus I don't doing the cookout. BYOB of course.
Old 03-26-07, 10:02 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think doing some type of weekly meet up would be good too. I know people hang out on Fridays at Rockville B&N or in Columbia near Best Buy (lots of young people though). I say if you're not doing anything on Fridays lets get a meet up spot and hang out. I know guys from the other clubs (DCEvo, Supra Guys, etc..) usually kick it at some of these places and I think it would be nice to just roll up there every now and then.

I also think we should have a day where we can come together and do some stuff with our rides. I know some members need some work done such as detailing, stereo, and engine. I personally do 80% of my own work so if someone has some garage space I say lets share some of our talents and help our bothers out. I have two buffers myself, the porter, and the cyclone buffer. I also can do some custom stereo work. I just need some space. I'm working on getting us a good garage we can go to and possibly use or rent some lift time and get work done by someone we can trust. The garage is the same garage thats rebuilding my trans. I know some members are/was using VIP Garage. Its a great spot don't get me wrong, but its a hike for a lot of people and scheduling sometimes is hard to get. I'm gonna be working on things all spring/summer to get my ride ready so if someone needs something or wants to kick it just holla at me.

-Smitty
"A great ride is built with the sweat and blood of the owner not by a shop."
-Cappo
Old 03-26-07, 10:39 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

CHicken and Waffle...Nuff Said.
Old 03-26-07, 10:53 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

It all sounds good to me.
Old 03-26-07, 03:36 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nate579
CHicken and Waffle...Nuff Said.

no doubt... but I don't think the six flag is a good deal...you have people that stalk the parking lots... and I would to come out and someone car is gone....real talk

monthly meet should be something we can all agree on.. not particular day(or date)
this is just my $.02
Old 03-26-07, 05:32 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

I would be down with the monthly meets as well as weekly meet up spots. What about meeting at the Park and Ride off of 70 on Friday . Saturday's are pretty packed with people just hanging out. It might be hot on Friday's as well, but it's just an idea.
Old 03-26-07, 07:52 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Keep the ideas coming people and please try to stay on track. Thanks

As far as an amusement park meet, we do not necessarily have to drive the cars down,, we may be able to just rent a van or something so everyone is together.
Old 03-26-07, 08:31 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm down for whateva...
Old 03-27-07, 10:12 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by KevinGS
I'm down for whateva...
Appreciate the support, as always, Kevin. But that is just it. I am trying to establish just what exactly "whateva" is going to be, so I am soliciting ideas from my Neloc peoples'.
Old 03-27-07, 10:19 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Someone with a lot of driveway space can host a wash and wax meet. We come wash wax eat and go cruising after.....
Old 03-27-07, 10:30 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cherplex
Someone with a lot of driveway space can host a wash and wax meet. We come wash wax eat and go cruising after.....
I got a long driveway. This would be a def for me, just let me know.
Old 03-27-07, 02:13 PM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

I'd be willing to host a bar-b-que at my house. I havent been around much to support you guys so I gotta do my part. I have a small place between Annapolis and Sandy Point state park.

As far a family get-togethers....Sandy point state park has a huge parking lot and playgrounds and swimming for the kids. Maybe we can get the Lexus dealership up the road to sponsor something.
Old 03-27-07, 02:34 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
I am currently having my basement done, when it's done I don't have a problem hosting a Wash and Wax.

Quick Reply: Md,, the next chapter...