Notices
Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Back Window Wont Go Down

Old 08-14-18, 11:51 AM
tiffraser
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Back Window Wont Go Down

Hello,

I recently purchased my Lexus. Its a GS 350. Year 2008. Its fully loaded and today when I went to roll down all the windows that back passenger side window would not go down. I checked the child lock on the door. I checked the window lock. I checked the window control on the actual door in case it was the button on my door that was the issue. I do not know what the problem could be or how to fix it. Also how much a fix like this might cost me.
Old 08-15-18, 11:38 AM
tghw
Pole Position

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

If neither door switch works it is probably the window motor itself in the door. Sorry I don't know the cost, but I would probably start by searching EBay for a used one. Dealer cost for new will be outrageous.
Old 08-15-18, 01:39 PM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts

Could also be the MPX module.
Old 01-06-19, 06:58 AM
AlRose
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm new to the Forums, so hello. I had the same problem on the same door but on a 3rd Series LS430. If there is no sound then suspect the motor.
I got an excellent window mechanism c/w motor from eBay for 20. At that kind of price it is worth replacing the whole thing. Dealer quoted 1027 to do the job.

The replacement itself is easy. The most fiddly and time consuming part was removing the door panel.

Good luck AlRose

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: