Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

"lexus service" what a joke

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-02, 08:55 AM
chromaplast
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "lexus service" what a joke

take note I used to be a big fan of toyota/lexus.

ok, I have a 2001 IS300, and my oem tires (good years) were so bad 2 of them blew before I even get the tires replaced under the recall. Anyway, I got a new set put on at the dealer at my own cost right after the 2 tires were blown. I talked to the dealer after and he said, sure you can bring my new car and get a set of tires + keep the tires (which I bought at my own cost).

however, when I came back, they punched holes through all my tires and threw them out. They then told me to call lexus to get reimbursed.

I called them, now they're telling me they won't reimbursed me because its my fault that I bought new tires when the 2 blew.
(how the f*#$ am I suppose to drive with 3 wheels?)

the car is nice and all, but the service sucks monkey's nut. Even my local honda dealer got better service. I think I'll still buy another Lexus in a different country, but in the US lexus can lick my ballz.

500 bucks is not that big of a deal to me, but I'm just pissed that they treat me like dog ****.

btw, the sales people at my dealer sux *** too

sorry, just got to vent
Old 07-12-02, 03:15 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Which dealership is the one that you are refering to? You should definitely bring this issue to the corporate......call their customer hotline (@ Lexus headquarter).....

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 07-12-02 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-12-02, 07:17 PM
kb2yza
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would second Kajukenbo motion to contact corporate... Lexus service has never givin me any trouble. I would send a letter to Coperate as a follow-up to a phone call that way it is in paper. Those tires where your property therefore they had no right to punch them...and that would be the dealers cost not Lexus. And if you are in a boat similar to the one around here you would need to go to small claims court to get a reslove for this issue which sucks even more.
Old 07-13-02, 09:08 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No reason to go to small claims court! Lexus doesn't work that way.

You'll need to call your dealer back and have them contact their district rep (DSPM). The approval must come from him!
Old 07-13-02, 08:43 PM
fire
Driver School Candidate

Default they're free

I'm pretty sure the terms of the recall are stated on the letter. You can get reimbursed for any tires you've had to replace due to bubbles in the sidewall AND have any original equipment tires replaced with new ones. Sounds like a pretty good deal...free stuff. You wanted more than free? New tires AND RECALL tires BACK? If your dealer told you that you could have your old tires back, then that's wrong. No recall works that way. The purpose of any recall is to fix any potential problem and ensure that it's fixed. This means removing your old tires and replacing them with better ones and drilling holes in the sidewalls of the bad tires to keep them from being recirculated back onto the road.
Old 07-13-02, 09:57 PM
kreativ
Advanced

Default Re: they're free

Originally posted by fire
I'm pretty sure the terms of the recall are stated on the letter. You can get reimbursed for any tires you've had to replace due to bubbles in the sidewall AND have any original equipment tires replaced with new ones. Sounds like a pretty good deal...free stuff. You wanted more than free? New tires AND RECALL tires BACK? If your dealer told you that you could have your old tires back, then that's wrong. No recall works that way. The purpose of any recall is to fix any potential problem and ensure that it's fixed. This means removing your old tires and replacing them with better ones and drilling holes in the sidewalls of the bad tires to keep them from being recirculated back onto the road.
You may want to read the original post more carefully.
Old 07-14-02, 06:33 AM
kb2yza
Pole Position

He had to replace the tires before the recall.... those tires are his tire no matter what recall or not. Escentially the dealer stole his 2 tires that were new and not part of the recall.

Last edited by kb2yza; 07-14-02 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-14-02, 10:04 AM
Sooner
Pole Position

they stole them?
Old 07-14-02, 10:08 AM
Sooner
Pole Position

i say this probably never happend why cause you have all been to your dealer or read stories where if they messed up they took care of the problem.i dont see them saying too bad with the tires you bought if that did happen they would give you the money or 2 tires.what i believe happened is you got the recall done and not saying anything about your 2 tires you bought thinking you would get to keep all 4.and when you picked up your car then you asked where are my tires and they offered something to you and you stormed out without speaking rationally.
Old 07-14-02, 01:15 PM
kreativ
Advanced

Yes, in a perfect world, Lexus dealers charge down-to-earth pricing and always take care of the customer. That's not the case though. They may take care of the customer in order to keep the profits rolling, but they don't always come through when it entails taking money out of their own pocket.

It sounds like he went in for the recall, and all 4 tires were punched because the techs didn't know that two of them were already replaced. And he probably didn't know that they'd be punched, and might not have informed them that two of the tires were new and to be returned to the customer. But if he had gotten the two new tires at the Lexus dealer, they'd have a record of this. etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by kreativ; 07-14-02 at 01:20 PM.