Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 10:08 PM
pianovt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part numbers

Hello All,

Could someone tell me if Lexus and Toyota spare part numbers match exactly for parts that are used on bothe brands?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-06, 05:56 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Of course.."It depends on the part"
Things like oil filters, transmission fluids, expendables .. same number exactly.
But on my cabin filter for example, the Lexus part number adds a two digit suffix number to the end of the Toyota number.
Old 03-06-06, 09:54 AM
pianovt
Rookie

Hi, Tammy

Can you tell if there is any difference between the Toyota and Lexus cabin filters? I am having a hard time finding any parts at my local Lexus dealer except for a few common consummables. Eeverything has to be special ordered. Also, they seem to have created their own price list that makes the Lexus list prices look like sale prices. I sure wonder if I can get many of the same parts from Toyota.

VT
Old 03-06-06, 05:41 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

May I recommend you remove the Lexus cabin filter and engine air filter; take it to a Toyota dealer for a match. Most Toyota parts service personel are very helpful, unless the owner also owns the local Lexus dealer. Your GS must be comparable to one of the Toyota models at perhaps a year newer than your Lexus. My Lexus cabin filter number was $33 and Toyota was $18. I believe you use the same oil filter as my RX, the 90915-YZZD1.. Toyota @ $5. Oil plug seal is a 12MM inside diameter.
Old 03-06-06, 07:38 PM
pianovt
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tammy
Most Toyota parts service personel are very helpful, unless the owner also owns the local Lexus dealer.
Hi Tammy,

Great intuition! Yes, my Lexus and Toyota dealers are one and the same, selling parts from the same counter. Well, actually there is a pillar in the middle and one side is labeled Toyota while the other is Lexus.

I was thinking of parts like strut supports, etc. For example, there is a thin paper gasket between the strut support and the car body that the dealer offered to special order for $16 each. Quite frankly, it looks like a $1 part. It crossed my mind that strut supports are often replaced on Camrys and there is no way a Camry owner would pay those prices. That's why I wondered about the part numbers.

Thanks for your help, I will definitely start visiting the Toyota dealers in the wider area.
Old 03-06-06, 09:45 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by Tammy
May I recommend you remove the Lexus cabin filter and engine air filter; take it to a Toyota dealer for a match. Most Toyota parts service personel are very helpful, unless the owner also owns the local Lexus dealer. Your GS must be comparable to one of the Toyota models at perhaps a year newer than your Lexus. My Lexus cabin filter number was $33 and Toyota was $18. I believe you use the same oil filter as my RX, the 90915-YZZD1.. Toyota @ $5. Oil plug seal is a 12MM inside diameter.
The oil drain plug seal usually comes in the box with the oil filter. Or at least the 2 that I bought from my local Toyota dealer included the seal in the box. Doesn't look like much of a seal as its made out of a hard plastic type material.