LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Remote Start won't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-17, 03:47 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 517 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by bluewaterb
My guess is you have to have Enform Ap. I have the same tag on my fob (same year as well) and the car will remote start, but when i open the door, the car immediately dies.

Will ask the dealership when i go in for 30k mile check up next wk and revert.
The fob remote start on older vehicles does not require an Enform subscription, only the newer ones.

The motor stopping when the door is opened is the way it is surposed to work.
Old 06-17-17, 12:28 PM
bluewaterb
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The fob remote start on older vehicles does not require an Enform subscription, only the newer ones.

The motor stopping when the door is opened is the way it is surposed to work.
Thanks for the heads up-2015 included? I really have no reason to use remote start if it dies when the door opens- kind of defeats the point when I have to start it again.
Old 06-17-17, 02:29 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluewaterb
Thanks for the heads up-2015 included? I really have no reason to use remote start if it dies when the door opens- kind of defeats the point when I have to start it again.
it is the way it works. Lexus does this as a safety feature to make sure the FOB is available to restart and allow the vehicle to move. No way around this. I have never used the remote start as there is little use for it in Florida.

I have family in Wisconsin and you will never say it is not of any use when it is 30 below and you can get into a 75 degree vehicle and only have to restart the vehicle.

Have it it your way.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 06-17-17 at 02:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ggebhardt:
bluewaterb (06-18-17), Chauffeur (06-27-17)
Old 06-17-17, 09:33 PM
Gordj
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

it is the way it works. Lexus does this as a safety feature to make sure the FOB is available to restart and allow the vehicle to move. No way around this. I have never used the remote start as there is little use for it in Florida.

I have family in Wisconsin and you will never say it is not of any use when it is 30 below and you can get into a 75 degree vehicle and only have to restart the vehicle.

Have it it your way.
Wow! I have seen people complain about this feature for a couple of years and finally I have found a really good reply that makes perfect sense. I could see myself going to the store, jumping back in and getting the dreaded dead button. Thanks
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (06-18-17)
Old 06-18-17, 07:51 AM
bluewaterb
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Totally get it just funny we have to kill the vehicle to restart it. Here in Colorado its "illegal" to start the vehicle to warm it up/cool it off etc so I would NEVER do that HAHA

Thanks again for clarifying

Have it it your way.
ggebhardt (06-18-17)
Old 06-22-17, 07:39 AM
hazilim
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got it to Work!

2015 LX; No enform subscription.
Read through all of the posts regarding Remote Start.
Thank you, all: extremely helpful posts.

I locked the doors with the key fob.
Quickly pressed LOCK - LOCK - then pressed & held LOCK for about 6 seconds.
Nothing happened (that I could see) for the 6 seconds; then the lights on the side mirrors flashed & the engine started!
As soon as I opened the door, the engine stopped (as noted in several of the above posts).
It's hot here in AZ; very nice to be able to start the car (AC on) a while before getting in!
Thanks, everyone, this was a successful thread.
Bob
wasupdu (06-27-17)
Old 06-22-17, 08:49 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Good to hear you got it sorted out!

Enjoy!
Old 06-27-17, 06:15 PM
wasupdu
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hazilim
2015 LX; No enform subscription.
Read through all of the posts regarding Remote Start.
Thank you, all: extremely helpful posts.

I locked the doors with the key fob.
Quickly pressed LOCK - LOCK - then pressed & held LOCK for about 6 seconds.
Nothing happened (that I could see) for the 6 seconds; then the lights on the side mirrors flashed & the engine started!
As soon as I opened the door, the engine stopped (as noted in several of the above posts).
It's hot here in AZ; very nice to be able to start the car (AC on) a while before getting in!
Thanks, everyone, this was a successful thread.
Bob
Very nice! I just tried this on my '16 LX 570 and it works!! As others mentioned, the vehicle turns off when you open the door though.
Old 07-08-17, 07:12 PM
BP1203
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife's RX has the factory remote; it sucks. Had a Viper RES installed, range is so much better, was half ($300) of what I paid for the factory start. In the Northeast when one of the cars is parked outside RES is a must.
Old 06-15-19, 04:33 PM
TallGuyTN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ndg
Mine is a 2011, so it may be too old to compare. (Enform is not in my vehicle. I have an SOS button.)

I do have a small white tag on my keys with the same instructions for remote starting. I found that it takes longer than 3 seconds to initiate the remote start on the third press of the button. I hit lock, pause, lock, pause, and hold lock for 5 seconds. It doesn't always work on the first try, but I've always been successful.
Hello, do you know if it was standard on the 2011 model? I was looking at one today and tried the lock, lock within two seconds and then hold lock for more than 3 seconds (probably as long as 5) but no luck. The manual didn't have ANY information on remote start so thought it might not be a standard feature.
Old 06-16-19, 06:52 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyTN
Hello, do you know if it was standard on the 2011 model? I was looking at one today and tried the lock, lock within two seconds and then hold lock for more than 3 seconds (probably as long as 5) but no luck. The manual didn't have ANY information on remote start so thought it might not be a standard feature.
Not standard; it was a port-installed option.