Is there a trick to get the front camera to work? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

LX - 3rd Gen (2008-present) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Is there a trick to get the front camera to work?

Old 02-12-14, 07:41 AM   #1
jafo9
Driver School Candidate

Default Is there a trick to get the front camera to work?

Hi all, just bought an '11 LX570 for my wife. We are slowly figuring out all the the electronics, however, I can't seem to get the front camera to work. When I push the camera button on the panel to the right of the steering wheel, the camera on the passenger mirror activates. When I cycle the button per the manual, I only get a blank screen when I'm supposed to see the panoramic view in front of the car. Is there something special I need to do to activate the camera? Hidden fuse? Thanks.
jafo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 09:14 PM   #2
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on your purchase and welcome!

Back to your question. There shouldnt be any reason why its not working if you can see the passenger side view. Your ride is a 2011 so if its still covered under warranty, take you baby in for a check up. Good luck and let us know the outcome.
aWorkOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 12:08 AM   #3
AndyFiddle
Driver School Candidate

I am just looking to buy and LX570 from 2008 and he front camera did not come on automatically as I thought it would. How does it activate?
(definitely out of warranty )
AndyFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 05:33 AM   #4
hzhao
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo9 View Post
Hi all, just bought an '11 LX570 for my wife. We are slowly figuring out all the the electronics, however, I can't seem to get the front camera to work. When I push the camera button on the panel to the right of the steering wheel, the camera on the passenger mirror activates. When I cycle the button per the manual, I only get a blank screen when I'm supposed to see the panoramic view in front of the car. Is there something special I need to do to activate the camera? Hidden fuse? Thanks.
To determine if the front camera is working properly, do the simple test: driving the car in parking lot speed (i believe is below 8 mph if memory serves me correct) in forward motion, when it approached any object, your front camera should activated automatically alone with the front parking sensors; or when you driving forward in parking lot speed with nav displayed (or any screen other than camera), press the camera button, it should activate front camera view.
hzhao is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hzhao For This Useful Post:
AndyFiddle (08-14-17)
Old 08-10-17, 09:56 PM   #5
lexusrus
Lexus Test Driver

My 2013 LX570 front camera and passenger side camera come on automatically when I stop and goes away as I speed up to around 8 to 9 mph. Just make sure the cams/LCD screen is switched on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzhao View Post
To determine if the front camera is working properly, do the simple test: driving the car in parking lot speed (i believe is below 8 mph if memory serves me correct) in forward motion, when it approached any object, your front camera should activated automatically alone with the front parking sensors; or when you driving forward in parking lot speed with nav displayed (or any screen other than camera), press the camera button, it should activate front camera view.
lexusrus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lexusrus For This Useful Post:
AndyFiddle (08-14-17)
Old 08-12-17, 09:38 PM   #6
Max707
Lexus Test Driver

Mine turns on when I turn it on with the button???
Max707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 09:37 AM   #7
REDHORSE
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max707 View Post
Mine turns on when I turn it on with the button???
Yep. It is one of the controls. it has been so long since I set mine to come on at parking speed that I don't remember how I did it, but it is a selectable feature.
REDHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REDHORSE For This Useful Post:
AndyFiddle (08-14-17), Max707 (08-15-17)
Old 08-14-17, 10:09 PM   #8
AndyFiddle
Driver School Candidate

Thanks all. Camera works!! So i bought the car Pick it up tomorrow
Thanks ClubLexus forum
AndyFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-17, 01:26 PM   #9
Dudley33
Rookie

Default Be sure to click "auto" on the screen when the front camera is up

When the front camera screen is up on the display, after pushing the camera button, be sure to also click the "auto" button on the screen for it to appear automatically at low speed. If you mistakenly click auto on this screen again, when it auto is activated, this will disable if from appearing, so that you have to push the camera button at low speed for the screen to come up.

I have found that there are pros and cons to having auto activated for the front camera screen. If disrupts reading texts and bluetooth connections, and telephone calls, when the screen appears. Lexus still has to work on integrating things with this screen. Almost two years and no software upgrade to fix this as far as I know.

Off-topic Can't wait for Apple CarPlay. If Lexus doesn't have it on upcoming cars, I will be buying another brand after 20 years and 6 different Lexus cars. I've seen it on other cars, and the seamless integration with Apple apps is a huge selling point.
Dudley33 is offline   Reply With Quote