LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Lexus dealer experience in Westchester

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-17, 06:22 AM
iakbar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus dealer experience in Westchester

Hello - I'm almost a first time lexus owner. Should be taking delivery of a 2007 LX470 this week. Very excited. I will want to take the car to someone to look it over after I take possession to take care of any preventive maintenance items, etc. Anyone have good/great experiences with any dealerships in Westchester. My other cars are BMW, and I have stayed away from the "stealerships" for sometime now using local indy shops that focus on german cars. Not sure what experiences are like at lexus dealerships for service.
Old 11-19-17, 01:02 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

isobar, congrats on the new truck.

Lexus dealers are the same as any other dealer...quality and knowledge of the truck's quirks varies by location. Service writers may know zero as to truck function, but they do share in the $$$ you leave. I'd observe that really good techs either start their own shop, or go to work for an indy shop. You can sign up at the owners section on lexus.com. Input the VIN and you can see any work done at a Lexus dealer. I'd also post your question in the 100 series tech forum on ih8mud.com, I can almost guarantee you'll get a recommendation for a good shop. You should also be able to download a copy of the owners manual there with the maintenance schedule.

Never mind...I did a quick search on mud for a mechanic near you...found one post quoted below...

hth

"
Originally Posted by NYNick, post: 6685496, member: 61304
Metro New York/Westchseter

"I found a good shop that does nice work, and knows Cruisers, in Westchester County up in Buchanan. They did an awesome job on my custom exhaust, and they know their way around LC's;

"Gallon Measure
"Buchanan, NY

"Name sounds funny, but that's it!

"Nick"
hth

Steve
Old 11-20-17, 11:51 AM
iakbar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
isobar, congrats on the new truck.

Lexus dealers are the same as any other dealer...quality and knowledge of the truck's quirks varies by location. Service writers may know zero as to truck function, but they do share in the $$$ you leave. I'd observe that really good techs either start their own shop, or go to work for an indy shop. You can sign up at the owners section on lexus.com. Input the VIN and you can see any work done at a Lexus dealer. I'd also post your question in the 100 series tech forum on ih8mud.com, I can almost guarantee you'll get a recommendation for a good shop. You should also be able to download a copy of the owners manual there with the maintenance schedule.

Never mind...I did a quick search on mud for a mechanic near you...found one post quoted below...

hth

"

hth

Steve
Thanks! I appreciate the info.