NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Lexus of Towson - horrible experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-12, 09:54 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lexus of Towson - horrible experience

Hi, everyone. I apologize in advance, but I could not find the appropriate forum for this post.
My son & his family just moved to Baltimore, and needed some service on his wife's Lexus.
I recommended he take it to the local Lexus dealership because the work would be done properly. I won't bore you with the gory details, but the service dept was absolutely terrible.
Two questions:
1. Has anyone else had difficulty with this dealership?
2. Can anyone recommend a good independent in the north Baltimore area?
If I recall correctly, there was mention of a Club Lexus forum regarding independents, but I could not find that, etiher. My searcher must be broken :-)
Old 09-12-12, 11:15 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

stay away from len stoler lexus in reisterstown md too.there is a shop called singer auto on rt 40 in joppa town that did pretty good work.i havent been there sence 2004.i moved to ga.my brother still goes there and says they are still good.

Last edited by jimbosr1; 09-12-12 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-12-12, 01:27 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

first of all what do you need done? second what model car is this for? reason for this is to provide more information on the forum so someone that is local can chime in and respond with the recommended shop or dealer.
Old 09-12-12, 06:01 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the replies.
The work done was replacing the left front wheel bearing on a 2008 GX470.
In the process, they crushed the brake line and my daughter-in-law found herself without brakes when the brake fluid leaked out. A very hazardous situation, and potentially life-threatening.
They denied any responsibility, and made false accusations that it had been previously damaged (among other things).
I was astounded that they would treat a customer like that.
It would be great to find an honest local independent, since they will never return to that dealer, and are considering what action should be taken to notify higher Lexus management.
Old 09-13-12, 12:48 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene01
Thanks for the replies.
The work done was replacing the left front wheel bearing on a 2008 GX470.
In the process, they crushed the brake line and my daughter-in-law found herself without brakes when the brake fluid leaked out. A very hazardous situation, and potentially life-threatening.
They denied any responsibility, and made false accusations that it had been previously damaged (among other things).
I was astounded that they would treat a customer like that.
It would be great to find an honest local independent, since they will never return to that dealer, and are considering what action should be taken to notify higher Lexus management.
sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I would call lexus corporate to report this to them and mention you are very upset at the service. I would let the owner of the vehicle call. who knows they might give you credit for the damages and you can take it into a better dealer hopefully and get it repaired. I can't recommend any place as im not local. just a suggestion if you can't find another spot but at least you get a chance to have it fix for less money or free once they find out it was the dealers fault for crushing the brake lines.
Old 09-18-12, 10:38 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-23-12, 08:03 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Unfortunately, here in the Baltimore area, there are only 2 (Lexus of Towson and Len Stoler Lexus) which are in the immediate area. Both are somewhat affiliated with one another in its' ownership. Kinda surprised with this because I had been going to one or the other over the years without incident. There are other dealerships around, but they are not in the immediate Baltimore area. Next closest one would be Lex of Annapolis (30 minutes), Lex of Rockville (30-45 minutes). Don't know their work tho. Call to corporate would def be in order in your situation.