LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Someone Hit Me While Parked

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-19, 03:23 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Someone Hit Me While Parked

Sucks that people are really like this, someone hit me while I was parked for lunch, hope he gets whats coming to him. I tried to clean it and wax it up but that was the best I could do. Sadly was just about to get xpel on the car.

Old 06-17-19, 06:27 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Ugh. Sorry to see that.
Old 06-17-19, 06:28 AM
pvsmith
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

This last weekend I buffed out scratches that looked nearly exactly like this from my daughter's older Honda using my Harbor Freight variable speed polisher ($49) with the the SPTF 5 piece compound buffing pads on Amazon ($22) using Meguiars G10307 ScratchX compound ($12). I don't consider myself extremely talented with power tools or auto body repair, but I definitely made the bumpers look as good as new. Sure, it is a bit of a headache to invest in all this, but you'll have it on hand next time somebody does this and it doesn't tear out your heart every time. A year ago I had similar marks in my GS350, and an auto store guy sold me on buying a set of wet sanding paper, primer, matching color spray paint and clear coat, and I did all that and got marginal results. I should have buffed it out and it would have been easier, faster and ten times better looking.
The following users liked this post:
wdlugitch (06-17-19)
Old 06-17-19, 07:13 AM
dsc07
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Sucks is right. Any camera's around? I'd love to finally see one of these idiots get what's coming to them.
Old 06-17-19, 07:27 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by dsc07
Sucks is right. Any camera's around? I'd love to finally see one of these idiots get what's coming to them.
None that point in that direction and of course, I didn't see it tell the next morning at the gym. So I couldn't look back at my blackvue. Don't know I missed that getting into the car.

Originally Posted by pvsmith
This last weekend I buffed out scratches that looked nearly exactly like this from my daughter's older Honda using my Harbor Freight variable speed polisher ($49) with the the SPTF 5 piece compound buffing pads on Amazon ($22) using Meguiars G10307 ScratchX compound ($12). I don't consider myself extremely talented with power tools or auto body repair, but I definitely made the bumpers look as good as new. Sure, it is a bit of a headache to invest in all this, but you'll have it on hand next time somebody does this and it doesn't tear out your heart every time. A year ago I had similar marks in my GS350, and an auto store guy sold me on buying a set of wet sanding paper, primer, matching color spray paint and clear coat, and I did all that and got marginal results. I should have buffed it out and it would have been easier, faster and ten times better looking.
Yeah I have a rupee buffer, but no need as most of the light scratches are gone but paint is still missing. Just sucks cause I know I'll see it and it will bother me until I get it painted.
Old 06-17-19, 07:54 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Sorry that happened to you. It's funny that I have damage to the exact spot on my car. I was driving down the street one night and heard something hit my car. I don't know if I ran over something or someone threw something but I have like 4 paint chips
Old 06-17-19, 09:13 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Sorry that happened to you. It's funny that I have damage to the exact spot on my car. I was driving down the street one night and heard something hit my car. I don't know if I ran over something or someone threw something but I have like 4 paint chips
Yea sucks well waiting for quote as I want it done right. Hate when I have to have things taken apart that's when stuff doesn't fit right.
Old 06-17-19, 09:19 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yea sucks well waiting for quote as I want it done right. Hate when I have to have things taken apart that's when stuff doesn't fit right.
Right. I might just leave my damage or see if it can be touched up.
Old 06-17-19, 10:22 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Right. I might just leave my damage or see if it can be touched up.
I wish I could but i'm OCD and seeing it makes me more annoyed.
Old 06-17-19, 05:42 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

People suck! That's horrible.
Old 06-18-19, 12:59 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

sorry for your challenge man
people are what they are
good news is looks like they will come out as another poster mentioned

if you have a friendly lexus dealer come with a 20$ bill near the detail guys and magic can happen

or on ebay chemical guys torque x buf503 is selling for 69 buck
if you buy the compound they sell think its called v7 or something similar call them the combo of the orbital and that should remove 80% of all of that
you need to do a polish step after its compounded with a different finishing pad as well

adams sells compound and a finishing polish as well if you would prefer a second alternative

good luck
Old 06-18-19, 01:18 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
sorry for your challenge man
people are what they are
good news is looks like they will come out as another poster mentioned

if you have a friendly lexus dealer come with a 20$ bill near the detail guys and magic can happen

or on ebay chemical guys torque x buf503 is selling for 69 buck
if you buy the compound they sell think its called v7 or something similar call them the combo of the orbital and that should remove 80% of all of that
you need to do a polish step after its compounded with a different finishing pad as well

adams sells compound and a finishing polish as well if you would prefer a second alternative

good luck
Yea wish but paint is missing I have three marks that are straight to the bare bumper plastic.
Old 06-18-19, 02:00 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Yea, I have a Rupees as well and it looks like you did the best you could do on that.

The worst part is I bet on their vehicle it doesn't even show.
Old 06-19-19, 07:12 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Yea, I have a Rupees as well and it looks like you did the best you could do on that.

The worst part is I bet on their vehicle it doesn't even show.
Seeing how he left and didn't leave his info he probably has worse, I'm also betting it was an Uber driver.
Old 06-22-19, 09:59 AM
bigblack06

Here is a better pic after cleaning the car today.
Someone Hit Me While Parked-photo392.jpg

Quick Reply: Someone Hit Me While Parked