Weird Banging sound on Full Stop - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460 and LS460 F.

Weird Banging sound on Full Stop

Old 02-20-19, 01:52 PM
2oa
Driver School Candidate

Default Weird Banging sound on Full Stop

I have a very weird sound coming from the back of my car when I come to a complete stop on my 2018 LS. Complete stop meaning the car jerks back.

It makes a weird banging sound like an axle is loose. Took it a couple dealers and finally the last dealer checked another LS and said it was making the same sound. They called Lexus and opened up a case, but Lexus said they have no fix.

Does this happen to other people? (Sound is duplicated by braking a little hard and letting the car come to a complete stop including the jerk back)
Old 02-21-19, 06:55 AM
gs400jon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2oa View Post
I have a very weird sound coming from the back of my car when I come to a complete stop on my 2018 LS. Complete stop meaning the car jerks back.

It makes a weird banging sound like an axle is loose. Took it a couple dealers and finally the last dealer checked another LS and said it was making the same sound. They called Lexus and opened up a case, but Lexus said they have no fix.

Does this happen to other people? (Sound is duplicated by braking a little hard and letting the car come to a complete stop including the jerk back)
There is a TSB to correct a jerky downshift into 1st gear when slowing to a stop. Mine did and the TSB corrected. There was no sound coming from the rear of the car.
Old 02-21-19, 10:08 AM
2oa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gs400jon View Post
There is a TSB to correct a jerky downshift into 1st gear when slowing to a stop. Mine did and the TSB corrected. There was no sound coming from the rear of the car.
That's something else. This is a noise when the vehicle comes to a complete stop and then does the pull backwards to complete the full stop

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: