LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 UL 460L $29k @ 70k miles - too good to be true ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-19, 07:49 PM
kermitxc
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DedBirdDog
I can't see what you are referring to. It looks just like the front and rear consoles in my 2013 U/L
if you look closer, it appears that the panel has been pushed in

Old 02-18-19, 08:20 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Ok...I gotcha now. I didn't look all that closely when I had my console out to hard-wire my radar detector and dash camera but I'm guessing there are small clips that hold the switch panel to the flat part of the top of the console. It's possible that it could be snapped back in place from the bottom side. The only way to tell is to pull it apart and look. It's pretty simple to take the console out. You could (and certainly should) use it for leverage but it's by no means a deal-breaker for me.
Old 02-18-19, 08:23 PM
kermitxc
Rookie

Ok...I gotcha now. I didn't look all that closely when I had my console out to hard-wire my radar detector and dash camera but I'm guessing there are small clips that hold the switch panel to the flat part of the top of the console. It's possible that it could be snapped back in place from the bottom side. The only way to tell is to pull it apart and look. It's pretty simple to take the console out. You could (and certainly should) use it for leverage but it's by no means a deal-breaker for me.
I certainly appreciate the encouragement sounds like you own a UL - how reliable has it been, do you have any experience with extended warranty ? my credit union offers Route 66 Easy Street package with electronics coverage - is that something I should consider with that adaptive suspension / cruise control ?

they quoted me $1485 for 5years/120k miles
Old 02-18-19, 08:35 PM
kermitxc
Rookie

Originally Posted by kermitxc
I certainly appreciate the encouragement sounds like you own a UL - how reliable has it been, do you have any experience with extended warranty ? my credit union offers Route 66 Easy Street package with electronics coverage - is that something I should consider with that adaptive suspension / cruise control ?

they quoted me $1485 for 5years/120k miles

and crap - finally got a hold of carfax, car shows as corporate use with 14,370/yr miles
Old 02-18-19, 09:04 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

I wouldn't in the least be concerned with the corporate use entry. The service history that you can check out on the Lexus Driver's website is the one you want to be looking at. All of my vehicles would show corporate use, as they are all titled in my LLC. It does not necessarily mean it was a rental car at all. I can't speak to the Easy Street coverage, but from what I've seen that looks like a really good price for the level of coverage it provides. 2013+ models do not seem to suffer from the very expensive issues that plagued the 200-2010 cars and to a lesser extent the 2010-2012 cars. That said, remember that this is a near $100k when-new luxury car. If something breaks, it will be expensive and if you allow the dealer to do it, mind-boggling expensive. That said, I needed a cheap LS that I could load up with miles. My 2013 U/L had 139k on it when I bought it in late October and just turned 147k. I put tires on it. That's it so far. No warranty on mine, and I'm perfectly fine with that.
Old 02-18-19, 09:14 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

I took a look at the service history. Some gaps in there, but on the plus side the expensive 60k service was done and it got new brakes at 58k miles. I didn't see anything in there that would concern me. Register a free account and check it out. It is an absolute must resource for any prospective Lexus buyer.

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/
Old 02-18-19, 10:22 PM
kermitxc
Rookie

I took a look at the service history. Some gaps in there, but on the plus side the expensive 60k service was done and it got new brakes at 58k miles. I didn't see anything in there that would concern me. Register a free account and check it out. It is an absolute must resource for any prospective Lexus buyer.

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/
oh I am very familiar with that feature - with y'all help here, that how I purchased my current (soon to be former) LS430 - the original owner changed oil every 5k and ended up replacing the timing belt 8k miles before trading it in ... total score and worked out great

and you just helped me figure one thing out - I was wondering why sometimes "my" previously saved car disappears, well bingo - every time somebody adds a VIN as "their" car to check service history it kicks it off everywhere else.
Old 02-21-19, 12:13 AM
EndlessRed
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm eyeing a 2013 LS460L UL AWD myself...$35k before tax. 50k miles. Full service history, used to be corporate, less than 9k/year. Fantastic condition, also with air ride. Even if it's a bit above KBB, I'm willing to fork the extra for the condition it's in.
Old 02-21-19, 12:52 AM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

$35k for that car is absolutely highway robbery. MMR is $28,800. You don't want to be any higher than $31k and that's only because it's a rare UL car.
Old 02-21-19, 02:10 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

That price sounds fair, actually.

Three months ago, my '12 L UL cost me $21,274 and it had 76K miles on it, and it's remarkably clean.
Old 02-21-19, 06:50 AM
EndlessRed
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$35k for that car is absolutely highway robbery. MMR is $28,800. You don't want to be any higher than $31k and that's only because it's a rare UL car.
The other ones I find are always various forms of beat the hell up, if you can find me an excellent condition one for that price, you let me know.
Old 02-21-19, 07:26 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

The real question is how valuable is it to you? The L’s with the ultra luxury package are rare. If you find one you truly like in excellent condition, then why not purchase it? The problem is the ‘good ones’ will be snatched up instantly. It’s not like you can go down the street and look at another one. My guess is that there are only a handful of good ones across the entire country. Plenty of regular LS’s, but fewer L versions and far fewer L versions with ULP. Pricing definitely affected by new LS 500 and the fact that sedan sales are tanking. If you locate one in great condition at a price you are comfortable with then I would jump on it. All up to the buyer what they are willing to pay.
Old 02-21-19, 08:12 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by EndlessRed
I'm eyeing a 2013 LS460L UL AWD myself...$35k before tax. 50k miles. Full service history, used to be corporate, less than 9k/year. Fantastic condition, also with air ride. Even if it's a bit above KBB, I'm willing to fork the extra for the condition it's in.
Originally Posted by EndlessRed
The other ones I find are always various forms of beat the hell up, if you can find me an excellent condition one for that price, you let me know.
ULs in excellent condition are quite rare indeed. A 50K miles 2013 car is gently used, so it should be an excellent ride for many years and miles. I am guessing this car has APCS with Driver Attention monitor. Those are even rarer. If the car is in a color combo you like (corporate cars are typically Obsidian with Black interior, like mine), and the car is relatively close to you (I drove 1000 miles to buy mine), then go for it.

The only slight catch is the car is out of the new car warranty (4 year/50K miles), so you won't be able to purchase the Lexus Platinum warranty if you believe in purchasing one. But you should be able to find 3rd party warranties that are equally good.

Last edited by comotiger; 02-21-19 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-21-19, 11:03 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by kermitxc
and crap - finally got a hold of carfax, car shows as corporate use with 14,370/yr miles
Don't worry about that. It was not just some rental fleet car. "Corporate use" is often done for a tax write off/business expense if they can for someones personal car.
Old 02-21-19, 11:08 AM
kermitxc
Rookie

here is the link: https://www.autos-mobiles.net/used-c...exus/ls/p3630/

few cosmetic things that stand out from the pictures (included above)
- pushed in center console button panel (probably no biggie)
- glove box looks gap looks odd
- scuff marks on rear arm rest UL control panel
- curb rash on two rims and missing hub cap on one with visible rust on the bolt (prolly fine)

if anybody in Houston doesn't mind checking it out I really would like some feedback

cheers

Last edited by kermitxc; 02-21-19 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 2013 UL 460L $29k @ 70k miles - too good to be true ?