LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Long time lurker Very few post

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-18, 06:41 AM
Guyver192
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Long time lurker Very few post

So i have not posted on the forums in a about a year. Got into my first accident with My 460#@
I am hoping its not totaled.
Has anyone had good luck on rear end repairs to their LS 460? will attach pic's

10 mph hit at most
Old 08-11-18, 07:12 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

I have seen worse damage on cars that was repaired properly and you could not detect the damage........... Find a good body shop and they will make it look great again!
TIP! You may want to find a shop that specializes on "high end" cars (like Mercedes, Jags, etc.) to do the work.
The following users liked this post:
Guyver192 (08-11-18)
Old 08-11-18, 07:18 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

How does your insurance work? If you can get away with getting a 'new' car why not.... if you can get the same car you have or similar wit no accident why would you keep your current car?
Old 08-11-18, 07:23 AM
TriC
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

Hmmm, guessing close to $10,000 in damage plus, obviously, some diminished value. Depending on the year, mileage, and condition, it could well be a total loss.

It sucks, I know. Sorry for your pain!
Guyver192 (08-11-18)
Old 08-11-18, 07:25 AM
Guyver192
Driver School Candidate

Its the other guys insurance paying for everything. But my worry is that the damage may total the car.Need a right rear Quarter panel. The rear sub panel to spare tire floor pan is bent in like 6-7 inches. The trunk open and closing motor is messed up. Im pretty sure that the mounting area for the hinges are messed up too. Once i was able to get the trunk open was not good.....
Old 08-11-18, 07:28 AM
Guyver192
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TriC
Hmmm, guessing close to $10,000 in damage plus, obviously, some diminished value. Depending on the year, mileage, and condition, it could well be a total loss.

It sucks, I know. Sorry for your pain!
Thanks I think your totally right. But The biggest thing is that No one was hurt. It was the kids first accident. I felt really bad for him because the state police was grilling him hard.....the kid had been crying before the trooper got there. So his eyes were red and stuff
Old 08-11-18, 10:29 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

get the money buy a similar car move on, best you can do.
Old 08-11-18, 10:33 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Guyver192
Its the other guys insurance paying for everything. But my worry is that the damage may total the car.Need a right rear Quarter panel. The rear sub panel to spare tire floor pan is bent in like 6-7 inches. The trunk open and closing motor is messed up. Im pretty sure that the mounting area for the hinges are messed up too. Once i was able to get the trunk open was not good.....
u dont wanna drive around a car that damaged.....whatever for... get them to total it... if not u gonna stuck with it... u will never be able to sell it easily
Old 08-11-18, 11:25 AM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My 430 had less damage then that when it got totaled from a pickup ramming me at 45+ mph while I was stopped. My car held up like a champ and no injuries occurred which is the most important thing. It'll be quite a bill for the repair on yours. If they are generous a total loss would be the best outcome in my o pinon. Hopefully you didn't over-maintain your car or spend too much on it. That was a lesson I learned on mine though accidents happen and proper maintenance is still the best policy to follow.
Old 08-11-18, 06:22 PM
Guyver192
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by writes123
My 430 had less damage then that when it got totaled from a pickup ramming me at 45+ mph while I was stopped. My car held up like a champ and no injuries occurred which is the most important thing. It'll be quite a bill for the repair on yours. If they are generous a total loss would be the best outcome in my o pinon. Hopefully you didn't over-maintain your car or spend too much on it. That was a lesson I learned on mine though accidents happen and proper maintenance is still the best policy to follow.
Over maintenance ... That's an understatement. Just put. Ew brakes all the way around. Lexus pads power slot rotors all the way around. Tune up, belt coolant thermostat, tires and 24 pages of driver lexus history. So a bit over board but in the end I know the car was well maintained. I hope they total it. I would get a decent check. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded gives me a bit of direction .
Old 08-12-18, 05:33 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Over maintenance ... That's an understatement. Just put. Ew brakes all the way around. Lexus pads power slot rotors all the way around. Tune up, belt coolant thermostat, tires and 24 pages of driver lexus history. So a bit over board but in the end I know the car was well maintained. I hope they total it. I would get a decent check. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded gives me a bit of direction .
Well if they total it, someone is going to get a nice car. That thing will be fixed by some used car lot and sold with a rebuilt title . Then again I'm not sure if they even have to put "rebuilt" on the title if they can fix it for under a certain amount.

Sucks that you took care of the thing and this happened. Lucky no one was hurt, best of luck.
Guyver192 (08-12-18)
Old 08-12-18, 06:41 AM
Guyver192
Driver School Candidate

Its cool. I am a vehicle tech and hate having my stuff broken . I am in good with my local Lexus parts place so the cost of what i could get aftermarket I was able to purchase most things from Lexus. my 2011 awd has 174300 on it. I purchased it with 132500 may of last year. So I have driven it a lot. I had a 2001 Jeep that just sat . Might have been driven 6k miles in over a year. Sad part is i just sold the jeep 1 month ago.
Old 08-12-18, 11:08 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Its cool. I am a vehicle tech and hate having my stuff broken . I am in good with my local Lexus parts place so the cost of what i could get aftermarket I was able to purchase most things from Lexus. my 2011 awd has 174300 on it. I purchased it with 132500 may of last year. So I have driven it a lot. I had a 2001 Jeep that just sat . Might have been driven 6k miles in over a year. Sad part is i just sold the jeep 1 month ago.
Our '14 got rear ended in Jan '17 similar to yours and the body shop invoice got to $16K.... I think your pictures are a tad worse...
Old 08-14-18, 12:00 PM
Guyver192
Driver School Candidate

Well Just Heard Back From The Body Shop. 11k to start and they may find more but definitely fixable. I have a few options now.
Old 08-14-18, 01:16 PM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

what are your options? just noticed the jeep pic. so that jeep did all that to your car without a scratch? if so, mind boggling

Quick Reply: Long time lurker Very few post