LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Issues with SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-18, 12:01 PM
Sc400Jimmy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issues with SiriusXM

Hey,

I'm having a lost signal issue with my 2008 Lexus LS460 built in siriusxm radio and I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? It all started out of the blue where now the signal keeps coming in and out on the SiriusXM. I've tried resending the signal multiple times, I haven't done anything to my car but take it to Lexus for an oil change. It works for 5, 10 minutes then loses the signal and comes back. Other times, the signal is lost for 5, 10 minutes at a time. I have no idea what the problem is or even where to start to see what the problem could be. Anyone else experience this or have tips on what I could do to fix it? I'd hate to cancel the service, it's great using the built in system. I've done nothing to the car, and I take the same routes while driving. Thanks
Old 08-08-18, 01:33 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Do you loose the signal when parked and not moving?
What type of area are you driving? ..... EG: Hills, tree lined roads, etc.
Is the antenna clean and in good condition?
How long ago did this start happening?

Old 08-08-18, 01:36 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I tend to have that problem on occasion. I find it happens when I'm in the garage about to leave. Depending on the signal to the XM while backing out, the sound may go in and out constantly. I figured out that once in the open, I shut off the car and restart, it works perfect. Perhaps that's what is happening to you?
Old 08-08-18, 01:41 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

A common cause of dropouts like you are experiencing is interference from cell phone sites. I have posted about this before in this forum.

The internet has lots of information about this, going back 3 or 4 years. I don't think that this has been resolved yet.

Here are a couple of links that might give you some insight:

http://wirelessestimator.com/article...tion-proposal/

http://www.insideradio.com/free/siri...dd62c07af.html

Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-18, 05:46 PM
Sc400Jimmy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the late reply guys, I left the planet and just got back. Well dam that sucks about the cell phone towers, I think that must be the problem then because it started happening literally out of nowhere. I was enjoying my radio all day everyday for about half a year. Then bam, now this ****** happens. It truly sucks, I have pandora premium but there's something nice about using what's built into your cars radio. I think I'll have to cancel SirusXM then because it's gotten worst. I was hoping there was some antenna issue I could fix or something I could check but I guess not.
Old 09-04-18, 07:27 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

I live and drive in a very congested area in NJ (filled with cell towers) and never have had a problem like this.
BTW! Today I drove from NJ to Virginia and never lost a Sirius signal..... Past Philly, Wilimington, Dover, Baltimore and these places are loaded with cell towers.
Old 09-04-18, 07:39 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Your point is well made. But not all cell site equipment has this problem and your failure to encounter it is not an indication that it is not a problem at some places.
Old 09-04-18, 10:12 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I have a old Xact receiver I put in my GS, it worked fine on the trip to the East Coast but on the way back, the last few hours it kept saying "No Antenna" and would not get anything in, it has been doing that off and on for a couple seeks, seems like switching stations causes it or even just moving it, I thought it might just be the really old receiver which is about 12 years old but maybe it isn't. It did a update today and it has worked well so far.

Also noticed my cell phone reception absolutely sucked on the trip, pretty much no service though much of the trip on 81S and spotty on several states in and around the East Coast.
Old 09-07-18, 05:48 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
I tend to have that problem on occasion. I find it happens when I'm in the garage about to leave. Depending on the signal to the XM while backing out, the sound may go in and out constantly. I figured out that once in the open, I shut off the car and restart, it works perfect. Perhaps that's what is happening to you?
I've had this happen to me ONCE. After about driving a 1/2 hour, I pulled over, and restarted the car, it was fine. It was just one day pulling out of the garage.
Old 09-07-18, 01:01 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 145 Posts

My previous LS owner left the sat radio on for a while, regular dropouts occurred here in so cal. Liked the service. But the dropouts not as much. On a long trip would turn it back on probably