LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Prestigious Society Nav/DVD System Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-18, 04:21 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Prestigious Society Nav/DVD System Question

I just had the Prestigious Society Nav/DVD override system installed in my 2010 Lexus LS460L, and I'm running into a minor problem that I was hoping someone could help with (for someone with a 2010+ LS with the PS module).

The system seems to work perfectly when I turn it on using the audio control buttons (minus, minus, plus, plus on the steering wheel volume controls). However, it only lasts about 30 seconds before shutting back off. This means (I think) that the system is set up in Automatic Mode. I need to change to Manual Mode, where the system stays active for an entire trip. I found instructions for the older systems that had a manual button (not the steering wheel controls)--there's a specific sequence of button pushes that change the system from Auto mode to Manual Mode. But I can't figure out how to do this without the manual button.

Has anyone gone through this with a 2010+ LS using the Prestigious Society instructions?

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
CamelKool (04-23-21)
Old 03-10-18, 05:52 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Managed to get in contact with the staff at Prestigious Society, and they believe there was an installation error for my DVD/Nav module. There is no way to switch from Auto to Manual mode on the 2010 LS. Oh well. Guess I'll have to schedule another appointment with the installer... I should have probably just done this job myself!
CamelKool (04-23-21)
Old 03-11-18, 08:30 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Installation is EZ and I would say it is almost "fool proof"....... If the radio and NAV works the way it should I would say everything is installed correctly and the problem lies within the module. The operation of the bypass system is a little "hokey" because you must turn the system off in order to see the active NAV map.
Old 03-13-18, 01:43 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

riknchar - I have a 2010. Which is BY FAR the best model to own. It just is! Anywho, I installed mine, and as I recall it would turn off after about 30 seconds. Seems I did something very simple to change it to remain in the ON position. I can't recall it right off hand. I'll look through my notes to see if I can remember.

Chuck - I don't know if I would call it "hokey," but I understand what you mean. I consider it more of a sacrifice, or robbing Peter to pay Paul. And what I mean by that is, it's a trade off. When active, navigation is lost, because in essence, it tricks the electronics of the nav system into thinking the car is standing still. Which opens up all features. However, I'm willing to overlook the loss of nav because opening all the available fields is a big bonus to me. I give the product 2 thumbs up! If I want to change my destination while driving, I can do that now, and after completing the change, when I go back out, sure the navigation is "lost" for a minute or so, and I find the "nav arrow" driving through people's back yards, and fording rivers and such. But after a minute or so, it figures out where it really is. Plus, the family can watch DVD's while driving!
Old 03-14-18, 06:53 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Well, as it turns out, it was simply a slightly loose connection (I believe). I took it back to the installer, who was annoyed at having to take my dash apart a second time and swore he plugged everything in right. After he tore down to the radio, I personally checked out the connections. Everything looked okay, but I popped the plug out and reconnected it firmly in both the car and the back of the Nav unit (until I heard a loud "click" sound). He put it back together, and it now works perfectly!

He did try to charge me for the work again, but I balked, since there was clearly nothing wrong with the Prestigious Society unit and it was a simple matter of not verifying the connectors were securely popped in. After some arguing, the manager sided with me... I paid a ridiculous $130 in the first place, so I didn't feel too bad...

I'm LOVING being able to play DVDs while the car is moving (for my passengers' enjoyment, of course ;-) Well worth doing, in my opinion!

Thanks for the replies, Jason and Chuck!
CamelKool (04-23-21)