LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Looking for another Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-18, 09:19 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

With a rouge wheel on a bench grinder, those will come out better than new.
Old 02-20-18, 01:24 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Yeah, I'd RUN to the nearest Lexus collision center.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust at least that Carmax's paint and body shop to wash my car.

Good on 'em, however, for waiving what I consider a ridiculous $800 shipment fee.
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (02-20-18)
Old 02-22-18, 03:41 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Starting to find the little problems I need to solve with the 08 model. Mine doesn't show the DVD Movie I have in the changer. I can hear the audio but, no video. I'm parked. I'll try another movie later. On my 07, I didn't have this problem.
Old 02-22-18, 03:42 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Starting to find the little problems I need to solve with the 08 model. Mine doesn't show the DVD Movie I have in the changer. I can hear the audio but, no video. I'm parked. I'll try another movie later. On my 07, I didn't have this problem.
Old 02-22-18, 07:22 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
Dumb question perhaps (in the event you already are aware of this), but are you engaging the parking brake when you try to watch? Audio but no video in this context, especially since your screen seems to otherwise be working, doesn't strike me as a failure mode (unless the parking brake is on and somehow the signal that it's on isn't "getting there").
Old 02-22-18, 08:26 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by caha14
Dumb question perhaps (in the event you already are aware of this), but are you engaging the parking brake when you try to watch? Audio but no video in this context, especially since your screen seems to otherwise be working, doesn't strike me as a failure mode (unless the parking brake is on and somehow the signal that it's on isn't "getting there").
Not a dumb question. On my 07, my parking brake was set to auto on. I didn't check this one. I didn't set it. I'll go outside at lunch and check it. If it works when I put on the parking brake, I'll say it was on but The DVD was bad. Thanks
Old 02-22-18, 08:37 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by caha14
I had a bad DVD. It works as advertised. Can you say, knucklehead? Thanks again. I love this Forum.
Old 02-22-18, 08:40 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

This is the first day I really got to drive it. I gotta be at the Lexus collision center after work so I drove it today.I gotta get an estimate for the Carmax people.
Old 02-22-18, 01:20 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
I had a bad DVD. It works as advertised. Can you say, knucklehead? Thanks again. I love this Forum.
Glad it was solved!

While some may say you came close (), I'll reserve "knucklehead" for the nincompoop who damaged your car. How's that?
Old 03-02-18, 11:13 AM
Shad034
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey man, missed this thread. Apparently the notify function decided to stop emailing me about updates.

In any case, that damage was definitely not there when it was here. I looked at the lower panels, doubt I could have missed that. Had to be truck damage. However, as I expected Carmax sorted that out, they're pretty good about fixing screwups. I totally agree that I'd get a body shop to fix the damage, Carmax is good for some things, but that kind of of work is not one of them if you ask me. They turn over cars quickly and have the knowledge for the mechanical aspects, but I'd never trust them with anything requiring art-skill like upholstery or paint.

Anyways, glad it got to you and it was mostly as you expected. Frankly, it sounds like the truck damage kinda turned out in your favor. You spend some time having someone doing a bit of paint and buff and you get your transfer fee back.
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 05:04 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Yes, you're right. They did step up and agree to pay for Lexus to do it right. I gotta say, they did me right.
Old 03-04-18, 05:10 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by roadfrog
With a rouge wheel on a bench grinder, those will come out better than new.
To do that, I gotta get the bumper off and, if the bumper is off, I might as well put two new ones in. New tips are 55 bucks each.

Last edited by fwhomeboy; 03-04-18 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-05-18, 07:02 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

So glad it all worked out and with a little persistence on your part, they handled the situation appropriately. In the end, I always feel that its worth a little hassle to get your "ideal" vehicle. Hope you finally get to enjoy driving it in perfect condition soon!
Old 03-05-18, 07:11 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,761 Likes on 1,972 Posts

I would really try hitting those tips with some metal polish before I went to the trouble of removing the bumper.
Old 03-09-18, 04:11 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
So glad it all worked out and with a little persistence on your part, they handled the situation appropriately. In the end, I always feel that its worth a little hassle to get your "ideal" vehicle. Hope you finally get to enjoy driving it in perfect condition soon!
Well, I got the phone call to go pick up my Car from the Lexus Center today. And, BTW, on my way to drop it off Monday, the VGRS light came on so I told the Guy to check the fault and of course he said he'd check it out and it would be "On the House". When I talked to him he told me that he reset the fault but it kept coming back. The code is C15A9 and it's a BIG PROBLEM. The car drives fine but the CEL and the VGRS message will not go away. "PROBLEMS !!!!!! I hate Problems. Anyway, since Carmax was paying the bill for the Rocker Panel repair, He called them and told them about the problem and also notified them that they couldn't do the Alignment that was part of the repair they had agreed to do. SO, now, They (Carmax Service Manager) told him to tell me to bring it back to them and they would take care of the VGRS problem. This is a BIG Problem and I really like this car. Oh Boy, Decisions !!!!!

Last edited by fwhomeboy; 03-09-18 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Looking for another Car