LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-17, 08:46 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......

Happy July 4th !!!.

Original tires were due at 46k miles and went with Pirell p7 cinturato all season plus. I have same on my ES but with LS I could see how quite and smooth the tires are!. She literally glides on the road, absorbs bumps easily. Excellent tires for LS.

Also did a summer cleaning using Kenotek show room shine and Modesta M1 shot. Kenotek is an excellent product for quick detailing and topped that with Modesta M1 shot for wet look. Here are some of the pictures.............
Attached Thumbnails Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8928_1.jpg   Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8931.jpg   Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8933.jpg   Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8938.jpg   Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8939.jpg  

Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8941.jpg   Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8947.jpg   Summer pictures with Pirelli tires, Kenotek and Modesta M1 shot......-hb5a8929.jpg  

Last edited by satiger; 07-05-17 at 03:47 AM.
Old 07-05-17, 05:37 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

No doubts, looking sharp. I looked for any little thing that didn't look quite right, or any defect. I found none. Nice ride. I'm going to look into the products you mentioned.
Old 07-05-17, 06:09 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

2013+ 19" wheels on the '12?
Old 07-05-17, 08:40 AM
satiger
Instructor

I did Modesta paint coating some time back. Excellent paint coating, gives a wet paint look. Read good reviews about Kenotek show room shine. Easy to apply, spray and wipe down. Enhances the gloss. Top that with Modesta M1 shot to get more wet look. These pictures don't do justices to actual wet and glossy look of the paint. I was disappointed as I have to compress the pictures two times (to make it allowable here) to upload here. Tried photobucket, but their internal compression is even worse that me doing twice!.

If interested, I uploaded these photos in google drive. You may view them in uncompressed format to appreciate wet look of the paint. When I was taking these pictures on the road side, others would slow down give a smiling look at the car (as if it is Lamborghini something similar ) and drive away https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...DRsZWdHUDBfbGM

My car came with 5 spokes 19" wheels. Replaced those with 13+ 7 spoke wheel as Lexus claims that they were built specifically to absorb road bumps. Per Lexus, they do have air vent to act as cushion. I always look for completely isolated driving experience and very happy to pair that with Pirelli P7. The drive was so smooth to the point I was looking at comfort setting button to see if that was set in comfort mode. It was not!. When turning the steering, I don't feel rubber is touching the road, it feels like tire floating !!.
Old 07-05-17, 12:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

It looks great!

The tires are great, I just had my second set put on.
Old 07-05-17, 04:25 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by satiger
Replaced those with 13+ 7 spoke wheel as Lexus claims that they were built specifically to absorb road bumps. Per Lexus, they do have air vent to act as cushion.
Well, the wheels have hollow cavities to tune their resonant frequency to a value that counters the natural resonant frequency of the other rolling components. But I don't think they are continuous with the air inside the tires (?)
Old 07-05-17, 06:18 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

That side view from the rear of the car really shows off the shine. Looks great!
Old 07-06-17, 07:55 AM
satiger
Instructor

Originally Posted by 0133642
Looks great, but disable the DRL! It doesn't do our front end any favors in my opinion.
Man, you have good eye, thanks!. Will look into it, probably will go with LED type of setup.
Old 07-06-17, 08:07 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Well, the wheels have hollow cavities to tune their resonant frequency to a value that counters the natural resonant frequency of the other rolling components
Hey ... Hyundai vehicles have hollow cavities in their wheels too! They're there because they're supplier's SUCK. These cavities, called "casting voids" lead to balancing issues that get blamed on tires. Pair these casting voids with Khumo tires, at least the ones chosen to be used in a production environment (meaning ... cheap), and wow, the experience some customers wind up with.

Now ... back to our regularly scheduled program.

Jason
Old 07-06-17, 08:25 AM
satiger
Instructor

Lol - one by design and other by 'accident'

Some reading about noise reduction wheels - " Lexus pioneered new body construction techniques to minimize noise, and that spirit of innovation continues in the new-generation LS, which employs a special noise-reduction wheel design. As the car drives, resonant noise is channeled from the main air chamber to adjacent hollow areas within the wheels via resonator hole cutting a significant source of road noise."

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...ry+quality.htm

http://carbuzzard.com/2012/10/noise-...-sedans-quiet/
Old 07-06-17, 08:32 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Hey ... Hyundai vehicles have hollow cavities in their wheels too! They're there because they're supplier's SUCK. These cavities, called "casting voids" lead to balancing issues that get blamed on tires. Pair these casting voids with Khumo tires, at least the ones chosen to be used in a production environment (meaning ... cheap), and wow, the experience some customers wind up with.

Now ... back to our regularly scheduled program.

Jason
Are you saying the voids in Lexus wheels are casting voids too? Not sure where Hyundai came from here...
Old 07-07-17, 10:54 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Are you saying the voids in Lexus wheels are casting voids too?
No.

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Not sure where Hyundai came from here...
It was just a flashback that surfaced and hasn't been completely removed (no matter how much liquor and therapy I've been through) of the nightmare of working for Hyundai-Kia. The mention of the hollow cavities for noise isolation in the Lexus wheels reminded me of it. We carried wheels & tires that we could not get balanced in the plant (and the plant has very high quality, top notch equipment), to Michelin in South Carolina. Although the tires weren't Michelins, they agreed (with the Americans) to X-Ray the wheels & tires because we believed that as crappy as the tires were, the wheels were the real culprit to the balancing issues. Michelin helped us prove that, and did so at no charge. The X-Ray images were downright scary. What did the Korean leadership do about it. Jack----. As usual. They probably went to the crap supplier and asked for cost down due to the missing material...

The last I have to say about it, because this is a good thread.

Jason