LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Factory warranty service

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-16, 09:00 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Toby clarified that everything is OK with my VSA . Any car that still has the new car warranty is considered new for the purposes of the VSA, so the warranty I just bought is valid
Good to know that. My paperwork will be in the mail today . Have purchased the same for GX before its factory warranty expired and few repairs paid for itself. Never had any issues using them at Lexus dealership, in fact they love working on warranty cars - lol.

As far as enoch861's point, SA may find a way to include 'nut & bolts' into their invoice to Lexus as an example. In my original posting, I had mentioned about engine mount and air shocks replacement. In fact I didn't request them or not aware of them being deteriorated. But in the paperwork it states 'customer stated xyz.....' to justify those replacements.
Old 09-07-16, 09:15 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by satiger
Never had any issues using them at Lexus dealership, in fact they love working on warranty cars - lol.

As far as enoch861's point, SA may find a way to include 'nut & bolts' into their invoice to Lexus as an example. In my original posting, I had mentioned about engine mount and air shocks replacement. In fact I didn't request them or not aware of them being deteriorated. But in the paperwork it states 'customer stated xyz.....' to justify those replacements.
LOL. I should get my car examined for CA bushings, air suspension and just a thorough check up before even the new car warranty expires. If my dealer, who has been very good to me, wants to replace my CAs and air shocks and anything else under warranty, I am fine with it . However, I read on CL a while back that the dealer has to justify warranty repairs with lots of documentation, so they may not take the risk of doing unnecessary repairs just to stay busy because Lexus may decline to reimburse. So, it is possible that your shocks and mounts were wearing out but maybe not to the point of causing noise or other issues.
Old 09-12-16, 06:25 AM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my fourth Lexus. I have had a extended factory warranty on three. Lexus has never had me pay for some stupid bolt or nut or spark plug. They usually include this on the service but this may be up to the dealer. I can't see Lexus selling an extended warranty to a 80 year old and have them scream all the way out the door because they had to pay for a couple of bolts and a spark plug. This would be bad customer service.
Old 09-12-16, 06:37 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by jarm
This is my fourth Lexus. I have had a extended factory warranty on three. Lexus has never had me pay for some stupid bolt or nut or spark plug. They usually include this on the service but this may be up to the dealer. I can't see Lexus selling an extended warranty to a 80 year old and have them scream all the way out the door because they had to pay for a couple of bolts and a spark plug. This would be bad customer service.
I agree this won't be an issue. Come to think of it, my Lexus dealer has replaced several nuts, bolts and clips in my vehicles (I bought my first Lexus 15 months ago) free of charge. I was just surprised to see that these items were not covered by warranty in a legal sense.
Old 11-20-20, 12:49 AM
CL460
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey fellow CL members, I know this is an extremely dated thread. I'm about to get my '11 LS and I was wondering if anyone of you have had to use the VSA for your LS.
Troy couldn't sell me a VSA saying that it has to be within the 4 yr/48k warranty time. But the car where it was bought from originally and was a L/Certified vehicle that was continually serviced there offered me a weird plan of 3 yrs/36k- $2899 or a 5yr/92k- $4260.
I'm pretty bummed that was all he was willing to offer. This was a Lexus Texas dealership.
Any advice in getting a VSA would be most appreciated. My main concerns are the LS460 trifecta of control arms, brake actuator and the air suspension.

Hope to get some much needed good news. Thank you CLers.
Old 02-02-21, 08:39 PM
2013lx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CL460
Hey fellow CL members, I know this is an extremely dated thread. I'm about to get my '11 LS and I was wondering if anyone of you have had to use the VSA for your LS.
Troy couldn't sell me a VSA saying that it has to be within the 4 yr/48k warranty time. But the car where it was bought from originally and was a L/Certified vehicle that was continually serviced there offered me a weird plan of 3 yrs/36k- $2899 or a 5yr/92k- $4260.
I'm pretty bummed that was all he was willing to offer. This was a Lexus Texas dealership.
Any advice in getting a VSA would be most appreciated. My main concerns are the LS460 trifecta of control arms, brake actuator and the air suspension.

hi did you have any luck buying the VSA, I am on the look out for one as well.
Old 02-03-21, 02:15 AM
linjenjul
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking to buy a 2016 or 2017 Lexus 460-

Hello I am looking at some 2016 and 2017 Ls460 that are cpo vehicles. I know the earlier models had some issues with brake actuators and control arms but is it worth extending on a low mileage non air bag car with low miles and good maintenance history? Do not see repeated issues on later model cars.
Thanks
Old 02-03-21, 03:45 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by CL460

Those prices are about the going rate for a walk-in, post-warranty Lexus service agreement.