LED DRL Replacement for OEM Halogen DRL DIY - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017)
LED DRL Replacement for OEM Halogen DRL DIY >

LED DRL Replacement for OEM Halogen DRL DIY

Notices
LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LED DRL Replacement for OEM Halogen DRL DIY

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-25-14, 04:11 AM
  #16  
LXurious
Lead Lap
 
LXurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Looks nice can never have enough light on these DRL's, how do they compare to your low beams still a huge difference? You should do a night pic with the high beams and lows both on to see how it looks I used to do this on my LX 470 with the "quad light" set up. Since the high beams/DRL's are LED's they wont blind anyone.
LXurious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 06:43 AM
  #17  
PrinceAkim
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
PrinceAkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GA
Posts: 244
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Seen these in person, and they are bright as hell!! Can't wait to get my set
PrinceAkim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 02:10 PM
  #18  
Tee
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PrinceAkim View Post
Seen these in person, and they are bright as hell!! Can't wait to get my set
Thx for the co-sign man. Okay here are 2 vids showing light output and believe it or not they are a tad more brighter than what's in the vid. Sorry using an iPhone 5 no pro equipment but I hope you get the idea.


Originally Posted by LXurious View Post
Looks nice can never have enough light on these DRL's, how do they compare to your low beams still a huge difference? You should do a night pic with the high beams and lows both on to see how it looks I used to do this on my LX 470 with the "quad light" set up. Since the high beams/DRL's are LED's they wont blind anyone.
Here is a pic with both on and up against a wall.
Attached Thumbnails LED DRL Replacement for OEM Halogen DRL DIY-image-321028262.jpg   LED DRL Replacement for OEM Halogen DRL DIY-image-2943835069.jpg  

Last edited by Tee; 05-14-14 at 05:53 PM.
Tee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 02:55 PM
  #19  
CJITTY
Moderator
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,678
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tee View Post

Thx for the co-sign man. Okay here are 2 vids showing light output and believe it or not they are a tad more brighter than what's in the vid. Sorry using an iPhone 5 no pro equipment but I hope you get the idea.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CULkKs_DJeM
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYIjsrFgN-Q

Here is a pic with both on.
Looks great bruh
CJITTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 09:09 PM
  #20  
Tee
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
Looks great bruh
Thx Jitty!
Tee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-15, 04:40 PM
  #21  
macjac69
Driver
 
macjac69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MS
Posts: 107
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No issues with high heat burnout? Interested in getting some of these!
macjac69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-15, 06:34 PM
  #22  
Tee
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by macjac69 View Post
No issues with high heat burnout? Interested in getting some of these!
Still going strong, bright as day one and no issues!
Tee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-15, 07:08 AM
  #23  
macjac69
Driver
 
macjac69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MS
Posts: 107
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, sounds good.
macjac69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 08:32 PM
  #24  
efxonly1
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Tee for the instructions on these DRL replacements. I'm so happy to finally rid my car of those dingy/dated OEM bulbs. I couldn't stop looking at the reflection on the bumpers in front me! Here are some pics I took, but they look much brighter and much more modern in person.










efxonly1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 09:25 PM
  #25  
Dirteeboy
Driver
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 182
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Just got my bulbs in waiting for my decoders.......
Dirteeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 10:31 PM
  #26  
efxonly1
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dirteeboy View Post
Just got my bulbs in waiting for my decoders.......
If you ordered the decoders from the ebay seller posted by Tee, make sure you get the ones with the metal housing instead of the plastic housing. The plastic housing is too big for the DRL space. Also make sure it's for the 9005 bulb instead of the 9006. I had some issues at first but the seller was very quick to correct them.

Last edited by efxonly1; 03-25-15 at 10:32 PM. Reason: .
efxonly1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 05:38 AM
  #27  
Tee
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by efxonly1 View Post
Thanks Tee for the instructions on these DRL replacements. I'm so happy to finally rid my car of those dingy/dated OEM bulbs. I couldn't stop looking at the reflection on the bumpers in front me! Here are some pics I took, but they look much brighter and much more modern in person.
No problem, I'm glad you are pleased with the outcome. The pics & vids really don't do how bright they any justice in the write up, but now that you have set you see that. Thanks for the feedback and pics enjoy!👍
Tee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 09:15 AM
  #28  
Dirteeboy
Driver
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 182
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by efxonly1 View Post
If you ordered the decoders from the ebay seller posted by Tee, make sure you get the ones with the metal housing instead of the plastic housing. The plastic housing is too big for the DRL space. Also make sure it's for the 9005 bulb instead of the 9006. I had some issues at first but the seller was very quick to correct them.
Yups ordered the gold metal ones. I had the plastic ones on my 3gs drls and they were a pain to fit.
Dirteeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 03:16 PM
  #29  
Fuzzie
Lead Lap
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

order the module from the link, but module wont fit in the housing. did they change the size of the module? or there is specific way im supposed to put it?
Fuzzie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-15, 02:54 PM
  #30  
Tee
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

If they sent you the metal module like in the pic & link then yes it will fit, you just have play around with until it goes in.
Tee is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED DRL Replacement for OEM Halogen DRL DIY


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: