LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Oil consumption issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-15, 10:42 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Crowe, Devh, Roadfrog, and SW15LS~Do you guys live together...every post has one supporting the other/Strange!

I will not ignore any of you and nor do I intend to mistreat you in any way. You fellas' are full of information and experience. Enjoy your cars and do as Lexus says so they can achieve a CAFE goal.

I will choose a different path; the one without acceleration issues or the "oil change phenomenon". The car ships with 5w30 and new transmission fluid. So I will use 5w30 and skip the Café adj. The transmission will spool fresh fluid because I will check &/or replace it every year. Btw-Keep that "pwr" button pushed and the selector in "Sport" mode.

Good day,
Old 09-09-15, 11:02 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by superdenso
Crowe, Devh, Roadfrog, and SW15LS~Do you guys live together...every post has one supporting the other/Strange!

I will not ignore any of you and nor do I intend to mistreat you in any way. You fellas' are full of information and experience. Enjoy your cars and do as Lexus says so they can achieve a CAFE goal.
Full of condescension.

I will choose a different path; the one without acceleration issues or the "oil change phenomenon". The car ships with 5w30 and new transmission fluid. So I will use 5w30 and skip the Café adj,
It doesn't ship with 5w30 any longer. My 2015 shipped with 0W20. No acceleration issues (such as what?) or "oil change phenomenon" (whatever that is).
Old 09-09-15, 11:34 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Default This one's for you SW15LS.

Roadfrog experienced it; ask him about it. DEVH says he knows the car came with 5w30 and the trans has a delayed shift. They say one thing here but said something else in another thread. Read it for yourself. Nonetheless, I still believe they have a plethora of information.

HESITATION THREAD:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...eration-4.html

Post#60 is from your buddy Roadfrog:
Both times I did the oil change, the hesitation manifested itself IMMEDIATELY, so I KNOW it's associated with oil changes in my case. The problem went away after a week or so or about 500 miles. This is the norm.

Post#65 is from your other pal DEVH:
"... Pre- 2012 many of the Lexus vehicles were getting regular Toyota 5W-30 oil."
"...In regard to the transmissions, it is normal for the car to delay shift."
Old 09-09-15, 11:55 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Just a warning to others. There are cherry picked quotes that are completely taken out of context or is too complex for the poster to understand because he is not reading threads in their entirety only scanning and picking what fits his argument.
Words are being put in my mouth as well as others completely out of context.
Please be aware as this is now turning into a clear case of trolling. I will no longer participate.

Last edited by Devh; 09-09-15 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-09-15, 12:38 PM
superdenso
Instructor

As always I encourage anyone who reads this thread to read the attached thread in it's entirety. I will not misquote you (DEVH), but I will quote and pass on the link. If you wish to recant do so. But I never expected you to resign in a puddle of "I was framed"! I have a lot more respect for you than that. Sorry, if you do not feel the same.

HESITATION THREAD: *Please read the entire thread and not just DEVH's posts.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...eration-4.html

Last edited by superdenso; 09-09-15 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-09-15, 12:53 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

As a guy who is constantly trying to improve upon my knowledge regarding all things related to auto mechanics and what enables a vehicle to operate optimally, I enjoy not only speaking to people, but reading as well, hence, what I consider to be my active participation amidst this forum.
I enjoy the people here.
The breadth of information here is remarkable, and to reiterate, the caliber of members is truly top shelf.
Nearly everyone desires to help, and I, for one, desire to learn.
So to me, it incredibly unfortunate when you have people who desire to learn and consistently provide insightful perspectives; thoughtful post containing valuable information (and if what's being spoken about is not understood, ask MORE questions, or even better, look it up), but you'll encounter the occasional member who desires to challenge the balance and basis of what this forum is all about.

superdenso:
Do we all live together? No Sir..
However, I feel as though we all share the same school of thought, appreciation and respect for each other as well as the common ideal to aid in elevating this forum to its yet to be seen potential.
But as it stands, this forum is quite a place.

And FYI: Condescension and polite gestures, nearly within the same breath, simply don't gel.
Old 09-09-15, 01:14 PM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

There may be some issues with certain early 460's using unusually high amounts of oil. It's definitely not universal. If you read the hesitation thread I do believe there is a link between cars that experience the hesitation and oil use but this is just a personal opinion. I do not have scientific evidence to back it up. My 460, 430, and 400 do not use any noticeable oil with 6500 full synthetic OCI's.
Old 09-09-15, 02:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by superdenso
As always I encourage anyone who reads this thread to read the attached thread in it's entirety. I will not misquote you (DEVH), but I will quote and pass on the link. If you wish to recant do so. But I never expected you to resign in a puddle of "I was framed"! I have a lot more respect for you than that. Sorry, if you do not feel the same.
The issue is one of effort and energy. We're all just here posting having fun, and if someone is going to come in here and challenge people who have demonstrated considerable knowledge and experience over time, and have earned a great deal of respect from the membership by posting rude stuff, trying to discredit them, being condescending while there is no depth to their argument at all...there comes a point where trying to have an exchange with that person has no point. There's an old saying, someone with experience is not at the mercy of someone with experience.

Some people just want to create conflict, and I think that is whats occurring here.

You talk about respect. I don't know you personally, but based on how you've carried yourself here and elsewhere, and in light of the complete lack of factual knowledge you've provided the community...I don't have any respect for you at all. You haven't done anything here to earn any respect. Devh has, as has Crowe14, as has roadfrog, as have I.
Old 09-09-15, 03:30 PM
superdenso
Instructor

Sw15Ls-is it really that serious? Are you hurt? Don't be, it's just a discussion about oil and Trans fluid. Relax a bit.
Old 09-09-15, 04:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Default LS460 Oil consumption issue

LOL, I'm out.
Old 09-09-15, 05:02 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

OK, everybody's out.

And please let's not take this up elsewhere.