LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

vsc system issue Plz Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-12, 01:48 AM
ulfaisal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vsc system issue Plz Help

2 days ago I was driving my car back home and suddenly Check VSC System" Warnings “appear on screen, it’s the first time gotten this warning displayed while driving.
I went to one of Lexus Maintenance repair agency and they started to do the Computer check and following that an error message showed “Abnormal Leak in Accumulator” and he showed me the location of that part on my car Part No 44510-50070 & PK031-353 and the price of this part about 1600$ the Engineer said! Or to go for a second hand one..!
I did some search and find out that this part it is not that easy to be damage..

What do you guys think? Sound fishy?

my car is LS 460 L 2007
Attached Thumbnails vsc system issue Plz Help-20120927_103616.jpg  

Last edited by ulfaisal; 09-29-12 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-29-12, 05:01 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the warning still on?
Old 09-30-12, 01:56 AM
ulfaisal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Is the warning still on?
they have reset it and two days after it comes again

Check VSC systems
Check Brake systems
Check ABS systems
Key is not Detected

Regards
Faz

Last edited by ulfaisal; 09-30-12 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-30-12, 05:01 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Hopefully you can find a used one. Did the $1600 include labor?
Old 09-30-12, 09:59 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You might wanna check your battery voltage and alternator too. To be on the safe side to make sure u gotta enough current. IMOP
Old 09-30-12, 03:23 PM
diagtime
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ulfaisal
2 days ago I was driving my car back home and suddenly Check VSC System" Warnings “appear on screen, it’s the first time gotten this warning displayed while driving.
I went to one of Lexus Maintenance repair agency and they started to do the Computer check and following that an error message showed “Abnormal Leak in Accumulator” and he showed me the location of that part on my car Part No 44510-50070 & PK031-353 and the price of this part about 1600$ the Engineer said! Or to go for a second hand one..!
I did some search and find out that this part it is not that easy to be damage..

What do you guys think? Sound fishy?

my car is LS 460 L 2007
that's the actuator. the pump and accumulator are behind it in the picture.
It would be an unusual but possible problem... How many miles on your car?
Old 09-30-12, 11:45 PM
ulfaisal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diagtime
that's the actuator. the pump and accumulator are behind it in the picture.
It would be an unusual but possible problem... How many miles on your car?
70,000 mi

Many Thanks
Old 10-01-12, 04:03 PM
diagtime
Pole Position

the exact code is actually important. the code number, not the description. it should be a c____ code. abnormal leak in accumulator sounds like an accumulator problem but depending on the code it could be the actuator. there is a code that pressure is bleeding off in the actuator and accumulator pressure drops. that's the actuator. there's another one where accumulator pressure never really builds up and that's the accumulator/pump.
The following users liked this post:
tim724 (08-24-17)
Old 10-01-12, 04:04 PM
diagtime
Pole Position

also, has anything been messed with on the braking system? even a brake job. if so, a linear valve offset might help and possibly resolve this issue.
Old 10-08-12, 11:33 PM
ulfaisal
Driver School Candidate

also, has anything been messed with on the braking system? even a brake job. if so, a linear valve offset might help and possibly resolve this issue.
Yesterday - Can't start the car?
does that ring a bill?

Cheers,
Faz
Old 10-09-12, 07:11 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its most likely the battery, go get a new battery and that should solve the problem. Hope that helps.
Old 10-10-12, 04:29 PM
diagtime
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ulfaisal
Yesterday - Can't start the car?
does that ring a bill?

Cheers,
Faz
car not starting can be many things, but the most common of course is the battery. batteries can also cause some weird weird problems. might as well try that first before going any further.
Old 10-15-12, 03:42 AM
ulfaisal
Driver School Candidate

car not starting can be many things, but the most common of course is the battery. batteries can also cause some weird weird problems. might as well try that first before going any further.

I changed the battery and my car is okay, however the previously issue remain
Someone told me that I have to change:
1- ABS
2- Brake booster pump
The issue is if I buy the ABS from Lexus dealer (1866$) they will not accept to return the ABS if it wasn’t the problem, that’s why I am still AWT for some info>>>
Faz
Old 07-03-13, 08:58 AM
Zoidman
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb Check VSC and No Crank

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and hope this is the best place to post my issue. My 2007 LS460 w/ 98K miles; JTHBL4XFX75035333, experienced no crank w/ "Check VSC have vehicle serviced by a Dealer" this morning. I tried touching the key fob to the start switch and clearing the code with the reset/start button but neither one helped. The headlights come on/work normally as do the door locks with the key fob. Everything was fine yesterday - no dash lights, started great, no issues...

Background: I recently replaced the brake pads/rotors myself (along with new wear sensors, which are $6 ea. at Rockauto.com) and had the left rear brake pads touching each other and leaking fluid (because I made a rookie mistake and didn't disconnect the battery first). In any event, I took the car to my local mechanic and had him reset the computer and bleed the brakes. Everything seemed fine after that for the next couple of weeks - until this moring. I also replaced the battery on this vehcile about 2 yrs. ago.

So, after doing some research on the forum, here is my plan after work today: First, the owners manual has an emergency start procedure, which is "set parking brake, put shifter in P set switch to ACC hold start switch for 15 sec. while holding brake pedal" - which I will try first, if the car won't start, I will also check to see whether the light on the start button turns green when I step on the brake pedal, to test for a bad brake light switch; check the park shift indicator and finally, I found TSB L-SB-0161-08, which is for a bad Start Switch on 2007-2008 LS 460's.

Other things I have found to investigage include: checking the battery voltage, checking the fuses, checking the gas cap (not likely to cause a no-crank situation), checking engine imobilization... and finally, checking to make sure the linear solinoid offset valve learning was completed properly for those rear brakes, which also shouldn't cause a no-crank situation...

This is my first Lexus and I have worked on a lot of cars but never really seen anything like it before! Any other advice for a guy who's scratching his head ???

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-03-13, 11:38 AM
Zoidman
Driver School Candidate

OK, so none of the above worked...

I just checked the OBD codes and i got p0335 and p 0336 which are crankshaft sensor codes.
Also got a dash diagnostic code VSC 43 45

Quick Reply: vsc system issue Plz Help