LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Interior lights

Old 08-28-12, 06:19 AM
waynedog
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Interior lights

When I walk up to my 07 460 at night and the doors are locked, the interior lights come on once it senses my key fob. However, if the doors are unlocked, the interior lights do not come on and I get in the car in the dark and fumble around in the dark getting situated. Is there a setting that controls this so I can change it?

Thanks
Old 08-28-12, 06:24 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe when the doors are unlocked and you open the door to get in, the lights should come on. I'll double check that tonight.
Old 08-28-12, 07:10 AM
NM600HL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless I am over simplifying this there is an overhead switch that says off / door / on. If set to door, all the interior lights come on when you open the door - irregardless of locked or not.
Attached Thumbnails Interior lights-7797_st0320_064.jpg  
Old 08-28-12, 07:35 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by NM600HL
Unless I am over simplifying this there is an overhead switch that says off / door / on. If set to door, all the interior lights come on when you open the door - irregardless of locked or not.
Wow! Thanks for stimulating my curiosity. You are right-on about setting the "Door" light to on (leave it in the state that has the little green light in the switch illuminated). If you do this then the Interior Lights will come on when you approach the car, at the same time as the Foot Lights (on the outside mirrors), if you have the wireless key with you if the car is locked.

Last edited by jmcraney; 08-28-12 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-28-12, 08:37 AM
waynedog
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

You are all correct - I have the "door" switch on all the time (green light) and it does work fine if the doors are locked - but not when they are unlocked - is this normal?
Old 08-28-12, 09:14 AM
NM600HL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by waynedog
You are all correct - I have the "door" switch on all the time (green light) and it does work fine if the doors are locked - but not when they are unlocked - is this normal?
Wayne, I can only talk to the way my 2008 600HL works. If I have the key fob on me and approach the car - locked or unlocked - it lights it up the splash light under the mirror and the interior lights if the switch is set to door - if not set to door - then only the splash light. Freaked my wife out when i first got it because she said everytime she walked by my car in the garage the lights came on - I told her it was because my car thinks you are hot! (she carries a key to my car in her purse - LOL)

If no key fob, when I approach the door nothing happens. When i open the unlocked door it turns on the interior lights is the switch is set to door.
Old 08-28-12, 09:21 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Interior lights should turn on when entering the car that is unlocked.
Old 08-28-12, 10:19 PM
NM600HL
Driver School Candidate

Wayne, my next door neighbor has an 07 460L - I checked with him this evening. When the 'door' switch is on the lights come on when the door is opened - irregardless of whether or not the car was locked prior to opening the door.
Old 08-29-12, 04:12 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Wow! Thanks for stimulating my curiosity. You are right-on about setting the "Door" light to on (leave it in the state that has the little green light in the switch illuminated). If you do this then the Interior Lights will come on when you approach the car, at the same time as the Foot Lights (on the outside mirrors), if you have the wireless key with you if the car is locked.
The Interior Lights and Foot Lights (on the outside mirrors) will not come on when you approach the car, if you have the wireless key with you when the car is unlocked.
Old 08-29-12, 11:14 PM
NM600HL
Driver School Candidate

Okay - did some testing on my 2008 600HL (unlocked - key fob in the house).

With the switch on door mode:
When I open the front door the door entry light (bottom center of each door) for that door, the courtesy lights (under dash and below pockets on seat backs) and only the front interior (ceiling) lights come on (back ceiling lights are off). When I open the back door the door entry light, the courtesy lights (under dash and below pockets on seat backs) and only the rear interior (ceiling) lights come on (front ceiling lights are on).

With the switch on off mode:
Exact same as above - with no ceiling lights.

Now for the part that was kind of neat that I never noticed before - the seat belt buckles are lit. It lights them (no matter what) when the door is open - based on the door that is opened in the front. Open drivers side - lights that buckle - open passenger side - lights that buckle.

So, if you prefer the lights not come one when you get in the car (and I do) - no fumbling to buckle the seat belt - it is lit.