LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Trading LS460 for.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 08:02 PM
suprabk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this thread is old but my two red cents....i would never buy jaguar...lexus and toyota all the way....good luck
Old 02-22-11, 07:36 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

no way jag.... maybe a s-class just to get a different feeling or if you are wallet happy pick up a bently of sumthing
Old 02-22-11, 03:04 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a friend who owns a. 2011 Jaguar XJ and he loves it. He owns a Benz and went with the new Jag based on looks. He said it took some time to get used to the new ride as the Jag he says is quicker and rides differently in other aspects. I don't think its bad to own another luxury car besides a Lexus. Its a matter of taste to me. Some people who own Benzes,Jags,Audi's and BMW's feel that Lexus isn't a luxury car on the level with them. So we can always have someone feel one car is better than another. I say what you like and I like may not be the same but, what is the same for us all is the freedom to chose what we like! I'm a Lexus man myself and if I buy another car not named Lexus would get a Benz and would at least consider Jag. I never owned a Jag so I can't say how I feel about it. Owned a Benz and liked it just to many technical issues and that's the only reason I got rid of it. LGNM
Old 09-18-11, 09:19 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread has been buried here for a while, but a quick update: I did not buy the XJ. I still have my bullet proof Lexus and I am happy with it. Just turned 30k mi on the clock.

But, since it's paid off and I (fortunately) can afford to buy another car, I am still considering the 2012 model of the XJ, but will only pull the trigger if their roof popping issues are resolved.

Also, for later 2012 they will be offering an option where you can connect your smart phone (iPhone for example) and operate its interface using the car's screen. This means you can run any apps you want (with a few exceptions like texting, etc), the ones that have sound and music will use the car's sound system, if you want to use navigation in the iPhone you can, etc... all will be displayed in the car's screen. Pretty cool.

I'm sure Lexus will come up with something like that some day, but I test drove a supercharged XJL and I liked it. It's not as quiet as the LS but I think the interior is vastly superior. Their touch screen as it is right now sucks though.