LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!

Old 05-10-09, 01:01 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!

Has anyone else had any issues with their factory air suspension? I have an 08 460L with 11K on it. I rarely drive it, mostly just sits in my race shop. It has 22's and a DataSystems controller. Well, yesterday I was driving it all day and everything was all good. I had to take a friend to the airport and everything seemed fine on the way there. But on the way home I started noticing that the steering wheel was getting out of alignment, and I kinda thought the passenger side of the car seemed high. Anyway I got home and forgot to look at it. I walked outside this morning and about fell over. The passenger side of my car, front and rear is jacked up as high as you can get. I have never even seen the car sit this high with the height high button pushed from factory setting. I normally have the controller set on five, but the drivers side is sitting at about the 6 setting.
I have checked all of the fuses, changed settings on the controller (doesn't do anything), Unhooked the controller and hooked everything back up like factory, pushed the height high button, Unhooked the battery, moved the car, etc.... And nothing seems to work. I am totally stumped. It looks like I have Hydraulics on this thing. I am going to try to get a picture of it here shortly. Anyone had any issues like this? Any help or ideas would be apprecitated.
Thanks
Justin
Old 05-10-09, 02:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

first time i heard about this issue on the ls460l.

i wonder if one of the sensor went whack. did you recall hitting anything? if you want maybe you can try to take out the air controller and see if the car resets itself
Old 05-10-09, 05:01 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Default Re:

Hey, thanks for the input. I totally removed the Contoller, and hook everything back up like factory, then started the car. It didn't do anything, so then I checked all of the fuses, and all were good. Next I unhooked the battery and reset everything, still no luck. I definitely have never hit anything at all. Everything was all good all day. All of a sudden while I was driving home I noticed the steering wheel was getting out of alignment a little, and I thought it kinda felt like the car was leaning. But when I got home I didn't forgot to check it out. It is really crazy because I thought both back shocks adjusted the same all the time. I know you can individually control each front strut. The Pass. side is fully extended as far as they go when you jack the car up, and the Drivers side is almost fully deflated. I guess I am going to have to have it towed in tomorrow. Heading out to try to get some pics right now. Also when the controller was in, Even If I changed settings it wouldn't start to adjust any of the struts.
Old 05-10-09, 05:15 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Here is 1 pic
Attached Thumbnails Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!-dsc018621.jpg  
Old 05-10-09, 05:18 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Heres one of the other side
Attached Thumbnails Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!-dsc018631.jpg  
Old 05-10-09, 05:23 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

From the Back
Attached Thumbnails Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!-dsc018641.jpg  
Old 05-10-09, 05:26 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Front picture
Attached Thumbnails Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!-dsc018671.jpg  
Old 05-10-09, 05:45 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Last year I had the same thing happen with my Infiniti Q45a (the "a" is for active suspension). However, that is a hydraulic system. I checked the fluid level and diddled around the engine compartment. When I restarted the car everything was fine so I don't know what caused it or if I did anything that fixed it.

Since you are under warranty, I would let the dealer figure it out.
Old 05-10-09, 05:51 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

hey, yea, I am going to have it towed in tomorrow. I just hope that it wasn't something in my DataSystem. I would hate to have it fixed, then put the controller back in and have it happen again. I will update when I find out what the dealer says.
Old 05-10-09, 05:59 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a couple of us w/ LS430's is having that issue.......if you do a search...it could possibly be a bad controller? or sometimes in my opinion is....if you have a passenger in the car, what it will do is raise itself up...b/c it senses a person in the car and either wants the car to ride smooth? or trys to adjust it self back up due to the weight. (thats what the ECU thinks to do?) Thats just my 2 cents on it..........
Old 05-10-09, 06:00 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Yea, that's just how my car looked. It was the passenger side that was elevated and the driver's side that was deflated. I had to drive about 40 miles to get home with it like that. It must have looked really weird to people!
Old 05-10-09, 10:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow that doesn't look good. you did try to keep the car running for a while and still it doesn't re-adjust itself right? definitely bring it in
Old 05-11-09, 03:45 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you didn't do what I did. I fried the computer on my car after using the DataSystems controller, I had to have it replaced (I don't know if the computer was fried but it would not go back so they replaced it). I was told that I raised and lowered it too frequently (some places here have terrible slopes). When this first started happening it did what you said, and saty raised. I took it into the shop a few times and they had no idea and then it would spontaniously fix itself. This went on for a long time before it would not go back to normal.
Old 05-11-09, 03:47 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot , when reseting the DataSystems controller, always do it on perfectly flat ground, that is one thing I noticed made things worse when I tried to reset it on a slope.
Old 05-11-09, 07:26 AM
RACEREDI
Driver

Hey, thanks again for the info. Lexus is coming to pick it up today. I will let you know what they say for sure. I have started the car and let it run for a while a couple of times both before I unhooked the battery and after. Also did it before I unhooked the datasystem and after. Also let it sit overnight and then let it run. No Luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!