LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-12, 11:20 AM
iMotion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ran into some major problems on our LS600hL... it started off with the rear passenger side going all the way up but now its the whole car.
The "Height High" light blinks so i can't turn it off until i restart the car a few times.
I go up and down on the controller and restart the car a few times before it lowers all the way then i adjust back to my ride height. after a day or 2 i get the same problem again and have to waste 10 minutes before i can get back to ride height.

Any suggestions on what to do? after reading this i might go get a new battery soon and see if that helps.

Old 01-06-12, 01:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

very very weird. That would be frustrating to say the least
Old 01-06-12, 02:07 PM
iMotion
Driver School Candidate

It happened to me the other night...

Old 01-06-12, 02:19 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that would **** me off!! i hate air (factory) just seems problematic but im sure its not everybody.. take it to tge dealer
Old 01-06-12, 02:25 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iMotion
It happened to me the other night...

what height setting is that? i don't think my car gets that low
Old 01-06-12, 02:37 PM
iMotion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cheez80
what height setting is that? i don't think my car gets that low
Its in SUPER LOW mode
Old 01-06-12, 02:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

did you try to take out the controller and see if things go back to normal? just a way to troubleshoot
Old 01-06-12, 02:44 PM
iMotion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
did you try to take out the controller and see if things go back to normal? just a way to troubleshoot
I unplugged the controller and restarted the car but i didn't uninstall the harness. No help...

The only way i can get the car to get back to normal height is to try to lower and raise the car with the controller and restart the car a few times until i see some kind of movement. then i slam the car and back to stock height.

That just gets me leveled for a day or 2 then the air suspension starts to act up again. Usually the rear passenger side wheel all the way up. Today was the only time it was the whole car.
Old 01-06-12, 02:46 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its in SUPER LOW mode
do you mind taking a photo of the front wheel in S-LOW mode? i'm just wondering why my front can't get that low. so annoying haha
Old 01-06-12, 03:19 PM
iMotion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cheez80
do you mind taking a photo of the front wheel in S-LOW mode? i'm just wondering why my front can't get that low. so annoying haha

Old 01-06-12, 03:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I unplugged the controller and restarted the car but i didn't uninstall the harness. No help...

The only way i can get the car to get back to normal height is to try to lower and raise the car with the controller and restart the car a few times until i see some kind of movement. then i slam the car and back to stock height.

That just gets me leveled for a day or 2 then the air suspension starts to act up again. Usually the rear passenger side wheel all the way up. Today was the only time it was the whole car.
i know it's probably a bit problematic but i wonder if removing the harness would be one more way to make sure
Old 01-06-12, 08:50 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Try wiggling the connector and wires behind the controller. I noticed that mine was somewhat loose and can sometime not make full contact to the male/female connector. When doing this, look at the screen on the controller to see if their is air movement...if there is, your connector are loose. This means that when the car is on, hitting a bump in the road or moving the controller could cause the controller to activate even though you have it a set setting.

This happened to me a few time...I had to tape the connector and wires to prevent any movement. It's been good ever since.
Old 01-09-12, 11:18 AM
iMotion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nat
Try wiggling the connector and wires behind the controller. I noticed that mine was somewhat loose and can sometime not make full contact to the male/female connector. When doing this, look at the screen on the controller to see if their is air movement...if there is, your connector are loose. This means that when the car is on, hitting a bump in the road or moving the controller could cause the controller to activate even though you have it a set setting.

This happened to me a few time...I had to tape the connector and wires to prevent any movement. It's been good ever since.
Thanks... i didn't even think of that. I'll check it out.
Old 01-09-12, 04:06 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar issue when i first installed my DS. I had to unplug it completely and put everything to stock to get the height back to normal. After a few days, I plugged the DS back in and haven't had a problem since - other than the uneven drop which i fixed by playing with the leveling setting in the front. My passenger front is always set 1 level higher than the rest.
Old 01-09-12, 04:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by telmz1
I had a similar issue when i first installed my DS. I had to unplug it completely and put everything to stock to get the height back to normal. After a few days, I plugged the DS back in and haven't had a problem since - other than the uneven drop which i fixed by playing with the leveling setting in the front. My passenger front is always set 1 level higher than the rest.
uneven drop isn't a problem of the controller, it's a natural problem on lexus cars

Quick Reply: Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!