LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Order/Delivery Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-06, 04:24 PM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order/Delivery Question

I was going to take delivery of a Lexus 460 in October or November, and then see if I liked the LS 600 better and receive delivery of it in April/May. Now, however, I don't think I will get the 600 because of 1) price, 2) LWB (I have no need for it), and 3) smaller trunk.

So I am now thinking I will order a SWB LS460 in September, when the prices and options come out (September 15, I think). I will get it with Navigation/Bluetooth, Mark Levinson, Pre-Collision & Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Intuitive Park Assist, Lexus Link, One-touch open/close power trunk with power door-closer, and the Comfort Package.

My question is: for this special order with the EXACT color and options I want, WHEN can I expect delivery?
Old 09-01-06, 04:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

special order takes about 3 months

but my question is though, what have you ordered so far for the 460? just whatever allocation they have?

and btw, i understand 1 and 2, but we havent' seen the 600hl yet, the trunk might be smaller but you never know?
Old 09-01-06, 05:15 PM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

OK, I yield on the trunk a bit. I have ordered on the LS460 the MAXimum of what they offer. But it doesn't include: 1) The color I want necessarily, and 2) the Pre-Colusion and Dynamic Radar.

As I understand it, you get in line with a deposit, and then you have the choice of whatever comes in. I am # 13 with my dealer, and when the 13th car comes in I can say yay or nay. (It won't be the specific order I want.) If I say nay, the 13th goes to someone else, and I get my choice of the 14th, yay or nay. Etcetera down the line. The problem is, none of these early cars will have pre-colision and dynamic cruise. And I may never get the color I want. This is because they don't accept SPECIFIC orders for the color/options you want. My question is if I order on September 16, when will I get delivery of the SPECIFIC car I want--color, interior, and options. You say 3 months, but does that take into account that they are building only the "standard" options early on for the initial launch? If it is normally 3 months, will it be 3 months from September 16, ie. December 16, or am I liable to see delivery of "my" car in February (because of the the initial flood based on standard options defined by Lexus)?

See the basis of my question--if I order my specific color/options in September, when can I expect delivery?
Old 09-01-06, 05:42 PM
LexFather

Your dealer has the option to find your car, on the way to America or at another dealer. If your salesman goes above and beyond, he can find the exact LS you want.

If you special order, Henry said 3 months, I think it might be longer as they are going to retool production a few times to see sales from a LWB/SWB and 600h standpoint.

Good luck!
Old 09-02-06, 04:19 AM
Big Jimm
Pole Position

This "delivery date" thing is somewhat discouraging.

Big Jimm
So. Fla.
Old 09-02-06, 11:55 AM
LexFather

I love Lexus and all but I know it is still a business.
1. Dealers are going to try to sell any inventory they have, and not pursue or suggest a custom order. To their defense people do order custom and then do drop out after the car is built.
2. THe car will be a hot seller and the dealer understands if you don't buy it, someone else will and buy it quickly. Sorry, but that is what will happen.