LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 Interior UPGRADE **PICS**Before/after**

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-24, 11:46 AM
kclexusguy
7th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking 2007 Interior UPGRADE **PICS**Before/after**

Hey everyone, I recently have been scraping together different interior parts to update my "sticky" dash issues on my 07 Lexus, as well as give it a more modern look at the same time. I really like the black leather but I really disliked the cherry "wood grain" look that it had from the factory in 07. I went to Lexus first as I have only owned the car a little over a month to see if it was still possible to get the recall done for new dash/doors/glovebox on my 2007 LS460 Base. I sat down with the parts lady and we looked it all up and I am over the 10 year mark by a lot and there wasn't anything she could do. Which I get, I wish the previous owners had realized they could have had a brand new interior free of charge while the program was running but it is what it is so here is what I've done to make it more tolerable.

I bought 2 like new door panels from a 2014 LS460 off of eBay, I bought new trim pieces for the area above the glove box and to the left of the steering wheel, and I ordered the grey center console area but was having issues with it matching my cd player bezel and the ash tray area, so I kept researching and decided to vinyl wrap just the center area to match in "stainless black steel" and I also got a new shift **** in black to match it as well. I am waiting on the steering wheel with the black "wood" to come in the mail but it wont be here until next week so I am posting it with all BUT the steering wheel done. Lastly is going to be my dashboard, I'm still not exactly sure what to do about it, there are nicks here and there from someone before picking at it with their nails while driving which drives me absolutely bonkers.....I am looking for a MINT dash to replace it with myself, its just some labor and I've got the time/tools to do it so once I find the right dash I'll update but I don't know if its going to be sticky or not that is my main problem trying to shop online for a dashboard replacement on the used market. If anyone has any tips let me know, for now I ordered the sticky dash kit fixer from Australia to see how that goes, it has great reviews.

I have a new black steering wheel coming next week, and I also have a new center media replacement sitting without broken vents but I am having a new sound system put in Thursday and while they have it all apart already to do the audio I will be having them put the new bezel in without the cracks and then I'll be done with my front area until I figure out what I am going to do about the dash. I ordered a "custom" dash cover from covercraft for like $120 and I already sent it back. It was terrible looking and fitment was weird, and also they did not have cut-outs where the dash speakers are and thats where a good majority of the sound stage in this car comes from in the front so it was 100% a not working cover for me. I could have cut the spots but it would have look even more unfinished. Still on the hunt for dash options !!!

The following 4 users liked this post by kclexusguy:
BossTweed (05-01-24), dlbuckls10 (04-30-24), Logicallychallenged (04-30-24), sktn77a (05-01-24)