LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Yet another Pirelli P7 Cinturato Plus review

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-18, 04:08 AM
94GS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yet another Pirelli P7 Cinturato Plus review

With all the threads debating this tire, I thought I would chime in with my review.

I have had the P7s on my 2005 LS430 for about a month now. They are V rated and they are on the factory 18 inch wheels. I previously had the infamous Michelin MXV4 tires and I will say they were one of the best tires I have had. I was very impressed with them so to say I was a little apprehensive of getting another tire would be an understatement. I was debating between the Michelin Premier and the P7 but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a tire whose tread depth starts at 8.5/32nds.

So I read all the threads I could about the P7 and decided to get them. In the month that I have had them on the car, I have been through the following conditions:
* 60 degree dry
* 60 degree wet
* -12 degree dry
* -12 degree snow/ice/slush
* Everything in between

So far I have been very impressed with these tires. I definitely made the right decision and have no regrets. These tires are as quiet as the MXV4. I had read reviews that some people had flat spotting issues after sitting overnight and I have had no flat spotting. The tires are perfectly balanced and provide a very smooth, comfortable ride.

As far as snow and ice, I am also impressed. Where other cars are slipping and sliding I have had no difficulties. I was debating on getting snow tires before this winter but so far my initial results in the snow would say I don't need to worry about snow tires.

I have had no wet weather problems either. I know that is a hot topic here of whether these tires have issues with grip when wet. I can tell you that I have driven in wet conditions many times with these tires both warm and very cold and I have not had any issues.

Overall, I am very impressed these tires on the LS430. Just wanted another data point for those out there that are debating on which tires to get.
The following users liked this post:
lexus7217 (01-14-18)
Old 05-26-18, 07:03 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Does anyone have a picture of the P7+ on your actual car?
I have 3 old Yokohama's that are cooked and 1 newer Pirelli Strata after I got a flat.
The Pirelli is MUCH thicker looking. I asked the guys at Discount Tire and they said it's because the mold is different, because the sidewall measurement is the same at 55 (225 55 17). They said other Pirelli's could look like that too! Is that true?? They were trying to push me to get the Yokohama's again, but the old one I liked is now discontinued (YK580), and now they want to put me in their YK740. I have researched long and hard and decided on the P7+'s but concerned they may look very thick like on my Strata, which I hate. At least the Yokohama's looked like a low profile tire. They rode very smoothly.
Long story short, I ordered the P7+ because they didn't have them in stock and were on a major memorial day sale ($117 per tire with $100 visa card back), but it will take a week to get here. I will compare the sidewalls of the P7+ vs those Yokohama YK740's at that time but wondering if anyone has a picture of theirs mounted already.

Thanks
Old 06-04-18, 08:32 PM
Spdjnke
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are absolutely the best riding tires I have ever used, currently it’s on my Subaru Legacy 3.6R. Love them, smooth and absorbs road bumps better then any Michelin I’ve ever used. Definitely recommend them.
Old 06-05-18, 06:30 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by aypues
Does anyone have a picture of the P7+ on your actual car?
I have 3 old Yokohama's that are cooked and 1 newer Pirelli Strata after I got a flat.
The Pirelli is MUCH thicker looking. I asked the guys at Discount Tire and they said it's because the mold is different, because the sidewall measurement is the same at 55 (225 55 17). They said other Pirelli's could look like that too! Is that true?? They were trying to push me to get the Yokohama's again, but the old one I liked is now discontinued (YK580), and now they want to put me in their YK740. I have researched long and hard and decided on the P7+'s but concerned they may look very thick like on my Strata, which I hate. At least the Yokohama's looked like a low profile tire. They rode very smoothly.
Long story short, I ordered the P7+ because they didn't have them in stock and were on a major memorial day sale ($117 per tire with $100 visa card back), but it will take a week to get here. I will compare the sidewalls of the P7+ vs those Yokohama YK740's at that time but wondering if anyone has a picture of theirs mounted already.

Thanks
Here are the Pirelli P7s on my 2010 LS600hL. My car has the 18 inch rims. I've enjoyed the P7s quite a bit so far (only 2K miles) - they are smooth and quiet. I haven't used them in the rain/snow yet, so I can't comment on their wet grip, but on dry pavement they are smooth as silk.
The following users liked this post:
aypues (06-06-18)