LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Need help, looking to buy an obscure part

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-17, 05:57 PM
r0cketm0nk
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help, looking to buy an obscure part

While I was doing the sub replacement DIY, I followed another DIY that suggested using a flathead to pry open the seat belt guides.

Whoever wrote that DIY with the flathead needs to kill himself.

The guide on the rear center seat belt snapped and broke at the part where the tooth is supposed to hook on. Unfortunately it broke into two pieces, and I found only one. Even with high strength epoxy it didn't hold. Anyone know where I can get, or have a replacement for that guide? I need it in Ecru color.

73343-30060-A1
Old 03-27-17, 06:22 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by r0cketm0nk
You mean like Step #4 on the procedure below?

Old 03-27-17, 08:18 PM
r0cketm0nk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rkw77080
You mean like Step #4 on the procedure below?

No, not that. It was another DIY from another site, though I wish I saw this first. The DIY I saw proposed to jam a screwdriver in the guide and pry it open. It was until after I broke the guide that I found out there's a slot in the back you can insert a screwdriver into, like that repair guide you posted.

But point is I need another belt guide, and like so many LS430 parts, it's been discontinued..
Old 03-27-17, 09:49 PM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

https://m.tlsautorecycling.com/lexus/ls430.html#

Try here... Looks like a good parts outlet for a Lexus purgatory.

​​​​​​​Doug k
Old 03-28-17, 01:40 AM
r0cketm0nk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ltd76gold
https://m.tlsautorecycling.com/lexus/ls430.html#

Try here... Looks like a good parts outlet for a Lexus purgatory.

​​​​​​​Doug k
Thanks. I'll give it a try...doesn't seem like there's any parts for ecru interior though.
Old 03-28-17, 05:35 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

While I was doing the sub replacement DIY, I followed another DIY that suggested using a flathead to pry open the seat belt guides.

The guide on the rear center seat belt snapped and broke at the part where the tooth is supposed to hook on. Unfortunately it broke into two pieces, and I found only one. Even with high strength epoxy it didn't hold. Anyone know where I can get, or have a replacement for that guide? I need it in Ecru color.

73343-30060-A1
Over a $14 part, imho it's not appropriate to say someone should take their own life. The cupholder DIY states to use a screwdriver wrapped with tape--so if a person breaks the center console doing such, the person who wrote up the instructions is responsible? I would say common sense says the screwdriver is not the exact tool required so caution is needed. If you have those interior pry tools they're better because they're softer and generate less leverage, but you can still use a screwdriver with care.

You've already found the part number

http://bfy.tw/Atby
Old 03-28-17, 09:47 AM
r0cketm0nk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Over a $14 part, imho it's not appropriate to say someone should take their own life. The cupholder DIY states to use a screwdriver wrapped with tape--so if a person breaks the center console doing such, the person who wrote up the instructions is responsible? I would say common sense says the screwdriver is not the exact tool required so caution is needed. If you have those interior pry tools they're better because they're softer and generate less leverage, but you can still use a screwdriver with care.

You've already found the part number

http://bfy.tw/Atby
You're quite pretentious. I've never mentioned the cupholder DIY. And I guess you can't read either because, even after someone that's ACTUALLY HELPFUL posting the correct way to pop out the guide, you're still insisting on prying with a screwdriver. If you're trying to secure your way to heaven, I suggest going to Sunday church instead of trying to act like a forum priest. If an instruction is wrong, it's wrong. Plain and simple. Don't try to flip it with your alternative facts bs.

You think I didn't use Google first? Maybe instead of being a smartass, you should ask Siri why are you so stupid. I was hoping for a more obscure source G couldn't cover, but obviously that's beyond your level of reach. Thanks for, um, nothing.

Last edited by r0cketm0nk; 03-28-17 at 09:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
2KHarrier (04-07-17)
Old 03-28-17, 09:53 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

You're quite pretentious. I've never mentioned the cupholder DIY. And I guess you can't read either because, even after someone that's ACTUALLY HELPFUL posting the correct way to pop out the guide, you're still insisting on prying with a screwdriver. If you're trying to secure your way to heaven, I suggest going to Sunday church instead of trying to act like a forum priest.

You think I didn't use Google first? Maybe instead of being a smartass, you should ask Siri why are you so stupid. I was hoping for a more obscure source G couldn't cover, but obviously that's beyond your level of reach.
I was actually being sarcastic, and apparently touched a nerve. In what way, is this part obscure?

My point is, you already have the exact part number, and it costs around $14. You can get it from discount parts monster, Lexus parts now, South Atlanta, Englewood, there are two more on the west coast in NorCal, any one of these dealers. What is the reason to not get it from them, and to go used, is it half the price of $14?
Old 03-28-17, 10:04 AM
r0cketm0nk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I was actually being sarcastic, and apparently touched a nerve. In what way, is this part obscure?

My point is, you already have the exact part number, and it costs around $14. You can get it from discount parts monster, Lexus parts now, South Atlanta, Englewood, there are two more on the west coast in NorCal, any one of these dealers. What is the reason to not get it from them, and to go used, is it half the price of $14?
I just don't appreciate that lmgtfy crap. I was already beta testing Google when the world was still using Yahoo. Forgive me if I overreacted.

And yeah, tried, tried, and tried. Local dealers, web parts, the lot. All refunded my order. Local dealers all tell me part is unavailable in nationwide inventory. Only chance is the junk yard, really. That's why I'm hunting junk yards for UL LS430s now.
Old 03-28-17, 10:08 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

I just don't appreciate that lmgtfy crap. I was already beta testing Google when the world was still using Yahoo. Forgive me if I overreacted.

And yeah, tried, tried, and tried. Local dealers, web parts, the lot. All refunded my order. Local dealers all tell me part is unavailable in nationwide inventory. Only chance is the junk yard, really. That's why I'm hunting junk yards for UL LS430s now.
Ok brother, sorry about the lmgtfy, it was meant in sarcasm. Here's what I just learned from you, the parts are on the websites, you ordered it, and you got refunded so you can't actually buy it.....

You were probably using google when I was still using webcrawler! hahaha (joke)

It's all good!
Old 03-28-17, 03:54 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Rocketmonk and Johhav430 - Guys this forum is known for folks being very helpful, not contentious with fellow members, and for not taking a posted different point of view personally. Please keep this in mind in the future when posting and responding to fellow members. This thread is done.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jabberwock:
2KHarrier (04-07-17), tallcaguy (03-28-17)