LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Aftermarket audio install cost on LS430?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-17, 04:19 PM
kaizmauka
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Aftermarket audio install cost on LS430?

Hey there I have a 2001 LS430 and I would like to replace the entire sound system. I could probably do it myself but don't currently have the time or energy so I am considering having a shop do it. They charge 95 an hour so I want to get an idea how many hours of labor it would require to replace all speakers in the car and to install a head unit. Also I would like to have 1 AWG wire going from the battery to the trunk (for the new amps).
My estimate is that to replace the rear speakers might take 2 hours, not sure about the front speakers lets say 2 hours....and then for installing the 1 AWG I suppose that would take another 2 hours. So does 6 hours seem about right? That would still be reasonable? As long as I am not spending more than 800 on install labor I will be happy.
Old 02-28-17, 02:15 PM
whooodat
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Kaizmauka are you just replace the 4 door speakers and not the tweeters? Guess you'll be tapping into the tweeters....? If you looking to spend less than $800 for install labor the audio tech will probably tap-in the OEM wiring back where all wires are going to the OEM amp(right-rear quarter panel). I don't know what they'll charge for doing that. Power wire from hood to the trunk is not that complicated to do(just drilling a hole, running the wire from under the glovebox to the side of the right run-channel to the trunk). Best Buy here in IL charges $80-85/hr, a place like ABT charges $95/hr. I replaced my whole system: running new wires, new amp, new double-din headunit, powered sub, and distribution blocks that probably took me about 30 hours to complete (plus cleaning inside of carpet/doors/seats and customizing speaker brackets). If you need information on what I did please respond here or PM me, hope this helps.

Last edited by whooodat; 02-28-17 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-08-21, 08:54 PM
Quickdeals
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whooodat
Kaizmauka are you just replace the 4 door speakers and not the tweeters? Guess you'll be tapping into the tweeters....? If you looking to spend less than $800 for install labor the audio tech will probably tap-in the OEM wiring back where all wires are going to the OEM amp(right-rear quarter panel). I don't know what they'll charge for doing that. Power wire from hood to the trunk is not that complicated to do(just drilling a hole, running the wire from under the glovebox to the side of the right run-channel to the trunk). Best Buy here in IL charges $80-85/hr, a place like ABT charges $95/hr. I replaced my whole system: running new wires, new amp, new double-din headunit, powered sub, and distribution blocks that probably took me about 30 hours to complete (plus cleaning inside of carpet/doors/seats and customizing speaker brackets). If you need information on what I did please respond here or PM me, hope this helps.
Hey whoodat, I know this is an old topic, but i have a 2004 ls430 with a messed up sounds system, and I'm planning to do a completely new system, can you please show me what you did? Thanks