LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Rear Bumper ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-12, 04:47 PM
Forbidden
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rear Bumper ?

First off i would like to say hi. I am new to this forum but i have frequented this site a few times in the past. I must say, you guys know your stuff and have some nice rides. I myself own a 01 ls430 base and found some of your DIY stuff useful to me. My car is bone stock but i plan to start the process of building it very soon. My question is will the rear bumper cover from a 04-06 fit on my car with ease? or will there have to be extensive work done to make it fit? I was rear ended the other day and the cover will need to be replaced. I saw the thread on the whole rear conversion but nothing on just the bumper. If it does all i would need to get is exhaust tips, right? Any help would be very helpful as i am taking the car to the shop tomorrow. I dont know but i kinda of like the exposed exhaust tips. if any one has done this and has some pics please post them for me to see. Thanks
Old 01-18-12, 06:01 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome! Hopefully some of the 01-03 owners can chime in.
Old 01-18-12, 08:54 PM
smm3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome! I have an 03 but haven't changed out the bumper cover. Surely someone else on the forum can assist you.
Old 01-18-12, 09:06 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus.
Alternately, you might ask this of your body shop guy. If they do a lot of Lexus repairs, they would be able to give some indication if it will bolt up and or need mods. A good shop will be able to fit it up, the one factor is your wallet.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-19-12, 06:19 AM
Forbidden
Driver

Just dropped it off and the shop owner wasn't sure. He said he would order one and try it first. But if you guys can still answer my question it would still help. Also pics of this done would be nice also. Thanks again. I will keep you posted.
Old 01-19-12, 06:23 AM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

i didn't think there was any difference with the rear bumpers between the years.
Old 01-19-12, 07:30 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

There's someone selling the front and rear bumpers I think on here.....
Old 01-19-12, 02:10 PM
Dutchie101
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the exhaust outlet height is slightly different isnt it?
Old 01-19-12, 02:42 PM
Forbidden
Driver

I know the 04-06 has exposed exhaust tips, which I am not to really concerned with. I am more worried if it would mount up the same or if custom work would be required. I also want to know if that trim line will still flow from the rear doors to the bumper
Old 01-19-12, 05:33 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will fit but won't line up at bottom of taillight and trunk.
Old 01-19-12, 05:50 PM
monrovea
Rookie

Originally Posted by Forbidden
First off i would like to say hi. I am new to this forum but i have frequented this site a few times in the past. I must say, you guys know your stuff and have some nice rides. I myself own a 01 ls430 base and found some of your DIY stuff useful to me. My car is bone stock but i plan to start the process of building it very soon. My question is will the rear bumper cover from a 04-06 fit on my car with ease? or will there have to be extensive work done to make it fit? I was rear ended the other day and the cover will need to be replaced. I saw the thread on the whole rear conversion but nothing on just the bumper. If it does all i would need to get is exhaust tips, right? Any help would be very helpful as i am taking the car to the shop tomorrow. I dont know but i kinda of like the exposed exhaust tips. if any one has done this and has some pics please post them for me to see. Thanks
The bumper on my 02 UL was replaced with a 04-06 with cut outs for the exhaust tips. I didn't know at the time and found out later. I can say I'm glad it was done and it looks great. I don't think you will have any problems. Just get some nice looking tips and you will be happy.
Old 01-19-12, 06:07 PM
Forbidden
Driver

Hey Monrovea, would you happen to have any pics that you could post so i could see how it came out. Did the trim lines on the bumper match with the side. What kind of tips did you put on?
Old 01-21-12, 07:58 AM
Forbidden
Driver

Does anyone have pics of what i am requesting. I was searching through the site but most of the cars have body kits in the rear or the cars have the correct bumpers on them. Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-21-12, 08:45 PM
monrovea
Rookie

Originally Posted by Forbidden
Hey Monrovea, would you happen to have any pics that you could post so i could see how it came out. Did the trim lines on the bumper match with the side. What kind of tips did you put on?

I hope this is gives you some idea. Matches perfect on the sides. As you can see the trunk line is a little off, but it looks just fine and I wouldn't have know till it was pointed out. I went to Master Mufler and had them install stainless Magnifow tips.
Old 01-21-12, 09:02 PM
monrovea
Rookie

Originally Posted by monrovea

I hope this is gives you some idea. Matches perfect on the sides. As you can see the trunk line is a little off, but it looks just fine and I wouldn't have know till it was pointed out. I went to Master Mufler and had them install stainless Magnifow tips.

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper ?