LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I Hate My LS430

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-10, 08:36 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I Hate My LS430

No, no, I don't hate driving my car, or it's looks, or comfort, or reliability, or even paying for it. I hate how it makes me annoyed with other cars. And it's not the obvious annoyances like rattles, and an uncomfortable seat, and 4 missing cylinders, and plastic everywhere. I expect those things when I get into a lesser car. It's the darn SmartAccess. I am completely spoiled with that feature and everytime I drive my Subaru and have to fish my keys out of my pocket to hit the unlock button, and then fish them out again to start the car, and remember to take them out of the ignition, and dig them out of my pocket to lock the doors, it's all just plain annoying. Heck, my old Dakota had no remote and manual windows and I found that less annoying than carrying around a half-witted remote.

Rant off...
Old 11-05-10, 08:46 PM
votru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahahahah...........Sir, in no disrepect whatsoever but you're spoiled . I'm spoiled too and thankful to enjoy such great vehicle .
Old 11-05-10, 08:51 PM
adamnj
Driver School Candidate

Trade in your subaru.... Ill trade my bike, no keys
Old 11-05-10, 09:11 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by adamnj
Trade in your subaru.... Ill trade my bike, no keys
Unfortunately the last generation Outback is the only mid-sized AWD wagon / CUV winter driver I found that is the right height for my wife to transfer into from her wheelchair without having to use a step. That is going to be key this winter as she is much weaker physically after 4 months of chemo. I don't know how long it will take for her to regain her strength and coordination. If not for that, I would have opted for a used RX or, better yet, LX.
Old 11-05-10, 11:35 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
No, no, I don't hate driving my car, or it's looks, or comfort, or reliability, or even paying for it. I hate how it makes me annoyed with other cars. And it's not the obvious annoyances like rattles, and an uncomfortable seat, and 4 missing cylinders, and plastic everywhere. I expect those things when I get into a lesser car. It's the darn SmartAccess. I am completely spoiled with that feature and everytime I drive my Subaru and have to fish my keys out of my pocket to hit the unlock button, and then fish them out again to start the car, and remember to take them out of the ignition, and dig them out of my pocket to lock the doors, it's all just plain annoying. Heck, my old Dakota had no remote and manual windows and I found that less annoying than carrying around a half-witted remote.

Rant off...
I was asking myself, "Great, what is caddy complaining about???"

I was ready to see what bad things you have to say about the LS....well, you got me good and I thought it was an April fool's thread

yeah, when I drive the sienna, I stand there like an idiot after pulling on the door handle and asking, "why this damn door won't open?"

I'm going to strip the sienna and add more insulation-my wife hears me mumble "damn toyota van is not as quiet as the lexus"
Old 11-05-10, 11:37 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Unfortunately the last generation Outback is the only mid-sized AWD wagon / CUV winter driver I found that is the right height for my wife to transfer into from her wheelchair without having to use a step. That is going to be key this winter as she is much weaker physically after 4 months of chemo. I don't know how long it will take for her to regain her strength and coordination. If not for that, I would have opted for a used RX or, better yet, LX.
I wish her the best of luck and a speedy recovery
I can see there's going to be a lot of "please get me this, please get me that"
Old 11-06-10, 05:22 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I wish her the best of luck and a speedy recovery
I can see there's going to be a lot of "please get me this, please get me that"
Thanks for the good wishes. With my wife, the "please get me this, please get me that" usually involves chocolate. LOL
Old 11-06-10, 05:43 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Caddyowner, you hit the nail on the head! I constantly have to be reminded to leave the key in the car when having it serviced at Lexus. I just plain forget I have it in my pocket.
Old 11-06-10, 06:08 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had the car for a few months and the effects are extremely high now. Everytime I enter a friend's car, I will always notice several things:

1) Why the heck is the engine running so rough/is audible at low speeds????? Mine doesn't do that...

2) Oh man...this interior is dreadful, it would've felt higher in quality if they just used tupperwear instead.

3) I wasn't aware/forgot there were so many bumps in the area...

4) How is it so loud in here, this car at 25 mph sounds like mine at 70+

The list goes on and on. Always a pleasure to ride in something else for a period, get back in the LS and realize all over again that this is just so much better than 95% of cars out there.
Old 11-06-10, 07:19 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Caddy - Best wishes to your wife for a speedy and complete recovery.

I agree on the smart key deal its a revelation after using a key all these years. The only problem is that I am old and always forget that our 07 Highlander doesn't have Smartkey. So I go out to the garage and jump in the Highlander - go to twist the ignition and realize that I have to dig the darn key out of my pocket. Arrgghh.

And I don't carry an expedition sized rucksack around like my wife. She loves smartkey on the LS because she never has to dig in her purse (which can turn into a non-trivial archeology project) to find her keys.
Old 11-06-10, 11:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well this past week i drove 2 brand new american vehicles,, a 2010 impala and a 2010 uplander. both sucked *** and i found myself complaining just about every small detail the entire trip, and i mean the entire trip. as soon as i got past 1 issue and was like you know its fine cuz its not an 80k vehicle then i found another issue to complain about. i am not sure if all american cars are like this today but these 2 couldn't even compare in anything cept maybe mpg's to my UL.

And i do mean some of the obvious things like wind noice, handling, road comfort, vehicle engine noise, temperature climate settings (kept getting really hot, then really cold, and i couldn't get it to stay in the middle the blower was really freakin loud on setting 2 of like 5 or 6 sounded like HI on my car). the only single thing about the brand new impala that i thought was nice was the tire pressure sensor actually told you which wheel was low, like 'front right wheel is low on air pressure'. no backup camera, no bluetooth, no parking sensors, no heated seats, not a smooth ride, horrible body roll from both. i thought my car had some body roll, i took a turn ( a 90 degree turn that is a huge sweeping curve) at 21 mph in the impala and the tires squealed the entire turn like i was in a good old fashion car chase scene. then i took the same turn in my UL and 25 mph was smooth like butter. the seats were like sitting on a giant piece of non memory foam and each seat had like 2 way adjust-ability. the steering wheel was bulky and felt not even connected to the front wheels at times. the uplander minivan actually felt more agressive than the impala. are these impalas what cops are driving? cuz i could easily take one of those things in my lex. i bet he would have some backup though and i don't think i would do well in jail..

bottom line is that our car is far superior to most other cars out there. what car for this price range today (new or used) makes our car look and feel outdated from behind the wheel?? i never realized how quiet and comfortable my car was till i drove another one down the same road at the same speed... completely different feeling.
Old 11-06-10, 01:42 PM
adamnj
Driver School Candidate

See theres a way around loud engines, superloud stereos. I do that in my benz
Old 11-06-10, 07:32 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I rode in my friend's sentra today and thought of this thread lol. I was surprised at how smooth the engine was on that car and how solid it felt, given that it is an entry level car.
Old 11-07-10, 01:53 AM
convoy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people always try to one up me and i always pull the trump card: ur car got a mini chiller in the back seat? how bout a variable speed massager for back seats? buahhaha, gets em everytime!!!
Old 11-07-10, 04:44 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

We went out for some pho yesterday evening. We decided to go to the "better" pho place (Pho Pasteur in Carrolton) which is about 15 miles away...mostly because it was a beautiful evening in Dallas and I wanted the drive in the LS to be a little longer. On the way back we side tripped a little further and cruised thru Grapevine. Driving along, I'm thinking yikes this is a spectacular car...wondering if I will ever again like any car as much as this one.

Quick Reply: I Hate My LS430