Search this Thread

Old 09-24-10, 09:19 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Default mud flaps

Does Lexus make a mudflap for the LS ?

Anyone have them on their car ?

I dont think I have ever see them on an LS.
Old 09-25-10, 05:56 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 253 Likes on 200 Posts

Mudflaps have been available for all model years of the LS although they have sometimes not been available from Lexus dealers here in the U.S. They have been standard on the LS in many countries. I had to buy the set on my 00 LS400 from a Lexus dealer in Victoria BC and the set for my 90 LS in the U.K. You can get the part numbers from the website name in the attached image.

From the LS430 on, mudflaps are available in colors to match the body color instead of only black. They are of extremely high quality and fit perfectly.

Edit: I might as well attach a second image showing the rest of the part numbers ... and a photo from a UK Lexus forum showing how they look on a real car.
Attached Thumbnails mud flaps-2005-ls430-mudflaps.jpg   mud flaps-2005-ls430-mudflaps-2.jpg   mud flaps-ls430-mudflaps-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Kansas; 09-25-10 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-25-10, 06:20 AM
94LSon20
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just google ls430 mudflaps, they look good
Old 09-25-10, 07:06 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i saw a lot of LS's in j-pan with these on,, except for the very few and far between rural areas of j-pan i don't think i ever saw any mud though ,, odd
Old 09-25-10, 07:35 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah i saw a lot of LS's in j-pan with these on,, except for the very few and far between rural areas of j-pan i don't think i ever saw any mud though ,, odd
"Mudflap" is one of those terms that don't really describe a part's function. I've found that the main benefit of mudflaps is to reduce the amount of road tar on the car's body and to reduce paint chipping from gravel kicked up by the tires.
Old 09-25-10, 08:01 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I have mud flaps on my 04 UL. I purchased them from my Lexus dealer. Very pricy, $500. I put them on for the visual effect as well as protection from road debris.

I think they give the car a look of being somewhat lower that it actually is. I am not one for much VIP treatment, but wanted a bit of individuality (just too conservative, not knocking anyone).

The only other changes to my car are a chromed grill and a conservative rear deck spoiler.
Old 09-25-10, 08:22 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kansas
"Mudflap" is one of those terms that don't really describe a part's function. I've found that the main benefit of mudflaps is to reduce the amount of road tar on the car's body and to reduce paint chipping from gravel kicked up by the tires.
yeah your prolly right,, i always complain that the car wash i go to puts on so much tire dressing (shiny tire stuff) that it gets flung all down the side of my car by the time i get home. these flaps would prolly take care of that, hmmmm
Old 09-25-10, 08:39 AM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
I have mud flaps on my 04 UL. I purchased them from my Lexus dealer. Very pricy, $500. I put them on for the visual effect as well as protection from road debris.

I think they give the car a look of being somewhat lower that it actually is. I am not one for much VIP treatment, but wanted a bit of individuality (just too conservative, not knocking anyone).

The only other changes to my car are a chromed grill and a conservative rear deck spoiler.
If you can put up a picture I would appreciate it, as I have always installed mudflaps (or road tar/gravel protectors) on all my cars.

They are painted the color of your car right ?
And that is $ 500 installed, I hope ... got to think twice about spending that kind of cash for this, but I'll wait for a picture to decide.
Old 09-25-10, 09:43 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

there is a pic above,, the silver LS ^ ^ ^
Old 09-25-10, 10:12 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stu
If you can put up a picture I would appreciate it, as I have always installed mudflaps (or road tar/gravel protectors) on all my cars.

They are painted the color of your car right ?
And that is $ 500 installed, I hope ... got to think twice about spending that kind of cash for this, but I'll wait for a picture to decide.
My car is silver, just as the above posted photo. No, the price was uninstalled. But very easy to do. A job I would rather do myself to make sure it has perfect fit as I'll take the time to do that.

The mud flaps come painted in matching colors. L-tuned parts have the listed at around $250. I didn't realize that when I bought mine.
Old 10-07-10, 12:05 AM
Tony1M
Driver School Candidate

My wife and I live in Edmonton, Alberta. We recently imported into Canada a Silky White '05 from the Deerfield Beach, Fla area that has 17K miles. The car is literally like new and we'd like to keep it in as good a condition as possible here in Endless-Winter country, so this thread caught my eye.

Has anyone purhcased Lexus mud guards from myautofashion.com and, if so, did you have a good experience? That place seems to have the best price that I can find, so we'd buy from them if they've worked out OK for other buyers.

Thanks for any input.

Here are a couple of photos of our car:

Old 10-07-10, 07:21 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I plan to get the OEM flaps when I move to the mountains in NM. Without the flaps, everything (rocks, sand, tar) on the road gets flicked up onto the rocker and rear bumper. L-tuned (Carson toyota) charges $300/set now...still much cheaper than buying them individually. Cheapest price I could find individually was like $108 for each flap (list is $168/ea).
Old 10-08-10, 07:45 PM
svanvooren
Driver School Candidate

Default Help cannot find them for an 2003 LS430

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
I plan to get the OEM flaps when I move to the mountains in NM. Without the flaps, everything (rocks, sand, tar) on the road gets flicked up onto the rocker and rear bumper. L-tuned (Carson toyota) charges $300/set now...still much cheaper than buying them individually. Cheapest price I could find individually was like $108 for each flap (list is $168/ea).
Does anyone know where I can find OEM mud guards front and rear for a Black Cherry Pearl 2003 LS430?

Thanks, Scott
Old 10-09-10, 08:01 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

^^^ A previous post mentions a great price from L-tuned. Oddly, the part number source I posted above shows part numbers for mudflaps only for the 2005-up U.S. spec LS430 the same mudflaps would certainly fit the 04 LS and might fit the 01-03 LS430.

Mudflaps were available for the LS in Europe for 2003 but I don't see a "black cherry pearl" in the list of colors. You could just buy regular black LS430 mudflaps. IMO, black works better anyway -- same color as the road tar that gets kicked up on to them.

You can get the part numbers for black mudflaps for the European 03 LS430 from the website URL in the images I posted above. If you can't get them from a U.S. or Canadian dealer or from L-tuned, it's pretty easy to get stuff like this shipped from a Lexus dealer in the U.K -- but at a pretty high price. I bought stuff like this in the early 90's from Park Lane Lexus in London -- you can get their phone number on the Lexus U.K website.

Edit: comparing the part numbers for the European 03 LS430 to the US 05 LS430, it seems clear that the same mudflaps fit all years of the LS430.
Old 10-09-10, 10:03 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Suggest you call L-Tuned (Carson Toyota) and talk to them.

Quick Reply: mud flaps