LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS Enjoyment!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-10, 10:25 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

The LS is my kids favorite. They love the back seat and can stretch out. Coming home late from parties always put them to sleep as its so quiet and smooth. They also love it when I drop them off at school as a lot of other kids approach them and ask about the car too. Easy to pick up soccer moms if I was single

This is the first car I haven't stripped down and layed Dynomat sound deadening material to solidify and quiet the car down, though after a long road trip this weekend riding on aftermarket 20's, I may lay some down around the rear wheel humps in the car to quiet it down further.
Old 04-19-10, 10:35 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by snakehead
I have been driving my Nissan truck 300,000 mi for 20 years , I have gone through Audi A4 ko4 turbo slammed on rims , 2 Drift cars S14,S13 , KA, Sr20Det , Elcamino 400 block , ford crown victoria.etc..
What the heck was i thinking.. The LS glides on air, has nice v8 power and handles nice with the sport package and DF210 springs. I should of bought this car a long time ago. I could of owned 3 with the money i spent on the rest.
Its in a class of its own.
LOL I have a lot of 'car enthusiasts' friends who are always looking for some car that they can appreciate, looking for something comfortable, excellent daily driver, etc. I am always recommending an LS430, and telling them that once they own one, they'll wonder why the heck does most everything else have to be so crude? It really is an amazing car, all things considered, and an even more amazing value nowadays. Frankly, I don't really care if I ever find a better large luxury car or not. If I do, then great, but if not, I think I'd be content with the LS for a long time. In fact, I'm happy to say that I feel that way about all three vehicles that I own right now -- all things considered, there's nothing in their respective classes that I, personally, would rather own.
Old 04-19-10, 11:20 AM
SteveM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thrilled with my LS430. I drove it 1900 miles from LA to Canada in 3 days in Feb. through desert, mountains, snow, prairie, everything. I was comfortable as can be and loved the passing power. My GF slept like a baby in the front seat.

I also paid an amount that people in my area might pay for a Mazda 3 or Civic so the value has me beaming . Lexus really got things right. The car is the epitome of refinement and luxury to say it shortly.

I always knew I wanted one and I'm glad I avoided distractor cars when I was shopping. For me it wasn't an "I guess I'll go with this one this time" it was more of a "Finally the one I wanted forever". I still glance at store windows to watch the body shape roll by. The headlamps and grill are beautiful.

I drive it every chance I get, my friends and family nominate me to drive every time because they love the comfort and it stays washed and detailed as often as I have the time. Just peachy
Old 04-19-10, 07:56 PM
derpie
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by honeygee2
Heres what i got..works great....car has a 2000# towing capacity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories

Instaled complete by a local dealer with complete wiring $400 bucks
Thanks just what I need
Old 04-19-10, 08:24 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

I too love my LS. Best car I have ever owned. Not that my LS is lous by any stretch but is there anything I can do to eliminate some of the road noise I am experiencing? I believe it has to do with the crappy San Antonio roads. The heat takes a toll on them so they are kind of rough. Not like the New Jersey Turnpike we drove when I was a child.
Old 04-20-10, 04:49 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^

Make sure your tire pressure is not above what is printed on the door sill. You may also want to check your tires' age, type, and speed rating. Newer, softer tires with a lower speed rating tend to run quieter.
Old 04-20-10, 04:51 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I have taken two road trips in my LS and they were the most comfy drives ever on the raod for me! Driving back in forth to work (64 miles round trip) made sitting in traffic a non issue, very quiet, relaxing and smooth. Man I miss my car, these rentals are killing me! You guys don't take your LS for granted b/c it is amazing all the little things that Lexus took care of, you notice how big there are when driving something else.
Old 04-20-10, 05:28 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kg19989
I too love my LS. Best car I have ever owned. Not that my LS is lous by any stretch but is there anything I can do to eliminate some of the road noise I am experiencing? I believe it has to do with the crappy San Antonio roads. The heat takes a toll on them so they are kind of rough. Not like the New Jersey Turnpike we drove when I was a child.
Road surfaces can make a huge difference. The area around Portland Oregon for example has a lot of roads that look and sound like they were paved with aggregate the size of charcoal briquettes which I suppose is to give better rain traction, but they make for noisy, noisy roads. But there is a huge difference in tires in terms of road noise, so depending upon what you have, you might or might not be able to dramatically reduce the noise through tire selection.

Originally Posted by Tee
I have taken two road trips in my LS and they were the most comfy drives ever on the raod for me! Driving back in forth to work (64 miles round trip) made sitting in traffic a non issue, very quiet, relaxing and smooth. Man I miss my car, these rentals are killing me! You guys don't take your LS for granted b/c it is amazing all the little things that Lexus took care of, you notice how big there are when driving something else.
Yes. That's why I often tell people, Once you get used to the LS430, it'll make you wonder why almost everything else has to be so crude.
Old 04-20-10, 06:00 AM
thinkin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's funny, I have such a sensitive butt that even the LS430 seems just a bit rough sometimes. But then I get back into another car and it feels like a rickshaw, so it helps me re-calibrate.

The LS really is incredible.
Old 04-20-10, 02:41 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

I have Michelin Proximas on here.... not sure how old they are but there are slight signs of cracking on the treads...
Old 04-20-10, 03:00 PM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kg19989
I have Michelin Proximas on here.... not sure how old they are but there are slight signs of cracking on the treads...
If you look on the sidewall of the tire it will tell you the manufacture date. Anything over 6 years old and it is suspect. Here is some good reading about it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=11