LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Arg, Replacement Cup Holder suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-09, 11:31 PM
LSorBS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arg, Replacement Cup Holder suggestion

So the detailers broke the arm off of my front console retractable cup holder... it now went from hardly holding a drink to not holding it at all– the stains on my shorts are proof of this. From what I've gathered, I'll need to replace the entire mechanism. Lexus quoted me out at around 230 bucks for the part (I've got a black interior btw). I was wondering if anybody could suggest some place reputable who sells them.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-23-09, 04:49 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you owned certain German brands you vould probably be tolt zat zhere are no replacement parts because ze car should not have had one in ze first place.
Old 08-23-09, 12:20 PM
daddykay24
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why isn't the detailer paying for the part?
Old 08-23-09, 03:01 PM
LSorBS
Driver

Originally Posted by daddykay24
Why isn't the detailer paying for the part?
I got $300 of free car washes– which I'm totally fine with because I get my car detailed every other day. Its looking like I might just have to order the part from Lexus.
Old 08-23-09, 03:19 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default $300 of washes...

Originally Posted by LSorBS
I got $300 of free car washes– which I'm totally fine with because I get my car detailed every other day. Its looking like I might just have to order the part from Lexus.
So that is about 20 washes?

Try finding out from Sewill or Irontoad what their prices are. Just get a price quote using your VIN number. They both should be cheaper than straight local dealer.
Old 08-23-09, 03:23 PM
LSorBS
Driver

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
So that is about 20 washes?

Try finding out from Sewill or Irontoad what their prices are. Just get a price quote using your VIN number. They both should be cheaper than straight local dealer.
The washes are $40 each, it's an actual small-scale interior detail and exterior hand wax. I live in Southern Arizona now so its very difficult to keep my car clean– that does the trick. Sewell wasn't any cheaper then my local dealer, who oddly enough, is only charging 40 dollars to install the part...
Old 08-23-09, 07:14 PM
AlexusAnja

Default Suede...

The washes are $40 each, it's an actual small-scale interior detail and exterior hand wax. I live in Southern Arizona now so its very difficult to keep my car clean– that does the trick. Sewell wasn't any cheaper then my local dealer, who oddly enough, is only charging 40 dollars to install the part...
Hem, then you're getting a good deal with your dealership then.

Did not notice you signature until now.. SUEDE... I have the Custom Lux. and love my suede too... wish the dash was suede.
Old 08-23-09, 10:45 PM
LSorBS
Driver

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Hem, then you're getting a good deal with your dealership then.

Did not notice you signature until now.. SUEDE... I have the Custom Lux. and love my suede too... wish the dash was suede.
The Suede for me is really just the icing on the cake, I really didn't know how cheaply made my other cars were until I got into this LS, with the stitched leather accents/dash, suede head-liner, burnt woods, it's really such an amazing place to be. I had my brakes done about a week ago and got an '10 RX loaner, fairly loaded, and while I love the new display, everything else was just so lack-luster if compared to my LS... I've had this car going on a year and a half now I guess, and thats the longest I've kept ANY car– This was quite a long rant but the point I guess I was trying to make was– they're ONE helluva car.
Old 08-24-09, 01:41 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

found one for 118...
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0
Old 08-24-09, 11:46 AM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I've had this car going on a year and a half now I guess, and thats the longest I've kept ANY car–
Oh NO! Do NOT say that to MIKE!
Old 08-25-09, 04:48 AM
hrp
Rookie

If you can find the thread I posted fairly recently (when we discoverd a mouse nest was the problem), the cup holder comes out with 2-6 screws and replacements run as low as $112. The ***** is the removal of the console top. If you're on good terms with your dealer, maybe they'll pull that for you. Replacement of the cupholder and the console top is not supposed to be difficult.
Old 08-25-09, 05:00 AM
AlexusAnja

What color is your interior?

Since the OEM cup holder is not that great anyway, you could save a bunch of money by going ghetto and buying those cupholders that 3M to your dash and then pop up or push down at you need them. I think they're maybe $20 tops. And some come with the fake wood grain to match (depending on your wood color).

Just 3M the thing right in front of the existing holder.
Old 08-25-09, 06:58 AM
hulla
Driver School Candidate

Try calling some auto junkyards.
Old 08-25-09, 10:29 AM
AlexusAnja

Default Front holder...

Originally Posted by hulla
Try calling some auto junkyards.
Wait a second, check the classifieds page here. There was someone a while back selling the middle console for like $150 shipped. You get the whole console, it was white though.

Check it out...
Old 08-25-09, 02:09 PM
LSorBS
Driver

My interior is black and so I just broke down and bought the part for $118 on parts.com :/, the install isn't really going to cost me anything, $118 bucks for the worst cup-holder in the world is a god damn rip-off, but not as bad as I originally thought. It's not as comfortable, but the cup holders in in my Phaeton don't spill drinks and are really impossible to break:

Cup Holder Competition-

Lexus: 0
Volkswagen: 1

Quick Reply: Arg, Replacement Cup Holder suggestion