LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I've been violated

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 09:04 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I've been violated

Going out to my car this morning, I notice that my center caps were gone. Thinking some damn kids took them. Then I notice all the lug nuts were gone too except for my locking on each wheel. I'm like WTF?? Checking out some more, the passenger window had a whole in it. I would guess they tried to break into the car looking for lug nut key. But due to the Lexus UL's double pane laminated windows plus my tint, no go for the bad guy. They could not break that window at all, only a hole a size of a baseball was dug out. I could see a bunch of phillip screw driver dents on the windows but it did not shatter for them. Only minor dents to the chrome molding on top was the other damage.

Well, here the catch. Since my wheel is discontinued, the body shop and insurance company is having a hard time replacing the center caps, which runs about $180 new each, they may have to buy me comparable price replacement wheels. We're talking about $6000 worth so my fellow CL friends here, any ideas on what replacement wheels would look good if my center caps can't be found as almost money is no object?

I'll post pictures of the damage tomorrow.

Last edited by airtime; 01-22-09 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-22-09, 09:09 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those bastards i would sleep in my car with my shotgun!!

nice to see they couldn't get in because of the UL's double pane laminated windows....

anyway glad not too much damage is done
Old 01-22-09, 09:11 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haters!!!!
Old 01-22-09, 09:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I am sorry to know your hassle, I hate thiefs

I hope everything turns out well for you
Old 01-22-09, 09:31 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

damn, that sucks dude. Hey at least they were not able to take the wheels.
Old 01-22-09, 09:36 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear, david... damn kids.
Old 01-22-09, 10:28 PM
sparky3
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious, was this at your home? Do you not park her in a garage?
Old 01-22-09, 11:08 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

man, thats really not right, but we all have to watch out in times like these. I would have felt very violated myself.

If they want purchase comparable wheels, i'd spring for some WALD forged wheels. They are pricey, but look great. You can also look at other wheel manufactures like HRE, Work, etc depending on the look you want to achieve.
Old 01-23-09, 04:47 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I presume the shop can't go through E-bay, as there are plenty of private and "shops" on there selling a multitude of used LS430 wheels through various years.

This is why my baby doesn't see sun light or the road unless I'm with her. In the four months I've owned her, she's never been outside alone.

Anyway, hope you resolve everything to your liking. When it's fixed, get an electric fence and install around the LS.
Old 01-23-09, 05:06 AM
lxus4xms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your troubles David it sucks. If I lived in Washington I would put a seriously loud siren alarm in the car with a pop up 12 gauge to boot.
Old 01-23-09, 05:07 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'leon hardiritt'... i just got some new vip mags from my recent trip back to japan and this company seems to be making some very very nice dish type vip rims for our cars. they are most likely between 4-6k depending on size and fitment and what not like most vip wheel companies but other than that 'work' makes this new line called the 'LS' i believe they have a few styles that look really nice too.

to many to choose from, this 04-06 celsior book i picked up has about 50 pages dedicated to rims (most vip) that all fit the ls430. lowenhart has always been one of my favs in the past, but they don't have a lot of choices in their new line.

sorry to hear about the attempted robbery, i always thought that they might as well take the rims if they were going to cause so much damage just to try and get them. good to hear about the extra thick ul glass though, makes me feel a little safer i guess.
Old 01-23-09, 07:15 AM
airtime

Originally Posted by sparky3
Just curious, was this at your home? Do you not park her in a garage?
It's the one day I left her outside as I was working on a project inside the garage. What timing
Old 01-23-09, 07:18 AM
airtime

Originally Posted by sojah
'leon hardiritt'... i just got some new vip mags from my recent trip back to japan and this company seems to be making some very very nice dish type vip rims for our cars. they are most likely between 4-6k depending on size and fitment and what not like most vip wheel companies but other than that 'work' makes this new line called the 'LS' i believe they have a few styles that look really nice too.
I'm trying to find something clean but different than anyone else. Many of us have similar wheels because it's just a right look with the big body LS. I may have to visit my local magazine store to check out pages of what's new available nowadays in ways of wheels.
Old 01-23-09, 07:28 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Dayum! Sorry to hear about that, at least those assclowns could not make off with your wheels or break your window. I'm sure you will be able to find a wheel style that will suit your LS well.
Old 01-23-09, 07:58 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just recently I had my Perimeter alarm off since it was raining to prevent a false alarm. We were all inside watching a movie, and the girlfriend at the time got up to get a drink and said... "Jeff, I think someone is looking at your LS..." Then her eyes got big and right before she could say anything the factory alarm went off. So I run outside and see these guys jetting off and they had tried to break the Passenger side glass, but no go. They left their craftsman screwdriver though, I needed one of those LOL.

It didn't damage the window, I'm just surprised the alarm went off at such a minimal impact. I was wondering why it didn't break... now I know.

Quick Reply: I've been violated