LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Ultimate LS430 picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-18, 02:46 PM
stevedra
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are my two ladies.
Well...one's the wife's and one's mine. Love riding in it with the top down though.
The stark difference between whites is really apparent in the garage photo! Before we got the IS, I thought my LS was "white"
I've had my '05 LS 4 years now...loved every mile I've driven her. I don't need to tell anyone here that driving in any other car short of another LS430, RR, Bently, etc feels like you're riding on a buckboard! Smoothest riding, best built car for under $300,000 you can buy! (And I spent a whopping $15 grand on mine.)
Old 07-29-18, 09:45 PM
05LS3UZ
Driver School Candidate

Default '05 ls430

Hello all. I am a Toyota Master service tech and our dealer has a detached Lexus service department nearby. Ever since I first saw the 3rd gen. LS models, I knew I wanted one and now my dream has come true. The guys over there have nothing but POSITIVE things to say about this generation and so I know im making the right decision. After years of saving my hard earned money I waited patiently for the right one to come through in a trade and I am sure I found the right one. A one owner, WELL maintained 2005 with 143k in gold mist with the gold emblem package. I purchased it in cash this week. Of course being used it has a few small issues, but I look forward to the challenge of running her over 200k and also of sharing my knowledge and experience of the technical aspect of these vehicles when I can. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Peteryun (11-30-21)
Old 08-06-18, 06:21 PM
4litre
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I just enjoy driving her!😃
Old 08-07-18, 06:12 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 4litre

I just enjoy driving her!😃
Contrats. Looks like a winner. Enjoy!!!!
Old 08-11-18, 02:15 PM
edl415
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello everyone, this is my 2004 LS - second owner, purchased last year with 95K miles. First owner was in Las Vegas, did all services at the dealership. Overall the car is in fairly good cosmetic condition, all original paint with good paintmeter readings all around, just a few dings here and there. Paint responded very well to some paint correction (clay, M105, M205), and I have to say while Briarwood wasn't my first choice, it's beginning to grow on me! Love the smooth freeway ride of this car, and am looking forward to many years of reliable ownership.

Peteryun (11-30-21)
Old 08-12-18, 06:07 AM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

well, i guess i can actually post here and refer to it as mine, lol. my wife got this 05 LS about 7 years ago. after having certain issues (bad clock spring so horn didn't work, window problems, door problems, etc), we started to think it was time for a new vehicle. so she ended up getting a Mercedes GL450. we figured with the problems with the car, we couldn't get any decent money for it, so we would keep it as an extra and maybe fix things at our leisure.

well, i had to fix the door cable since you couldn't open it from the inside. i wasn't going to fix the windows yet, but opening the door to gain access to a parking garage, going through a drive thru, etc wasn't practical. so i ended up fixing that. since that was so easy to fix, and i found a motor cheap, i ended up fixing the passenger front window also.

then we come along to the clock spring. i was very nervous about tackling this. but since this was going to be an extra vehicle, i figured, worse thing that would happen is that it would still be the same as it has been. and since she had her truck now, it didn't matter how long this took me. well, that went surprisingly well. finished it in a couple hours, and only took that long b/c i had to change some things since the clock spring wasn't exactly the same. found a clock spring on ebay for $17!

so she has her truck (she will still drive the car when she has to drive to VA for work), but i get to rock it when she isn't driving to VA, lol.

when we 1st got her car and after the tint was installed.

when i 1st started to drive it.

as it currently sits. used marine vinyl to cover the chrome around the windows.
Old 08-18-18, 06:15 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
well, i guess i can actually post here and refer to it as mine, lol. my wife got this 05 LS about 7 years ago. after having certain issues (bad clock spring so horn didn't work, window problems, door problems, etc), we started to think it was time for a new vehicle. so she ended up getting a Mercedes GL450. we figured with the problems with the car, we couldn't get any decent money for it, so we would keep it as an extra and maybe fix things at our leisure.

well, i had to fix the door cable since you couldn't open it from the inside. i wasn't going to fix the windows yet, but opening the door to gain access to a parking garage, going through a drive thru, etc wasn't practical. so i ended up fixing that. since that was so easy to fix, and i found a motor cheap, i ended up fixing the passenger front window also.

then we come along to the clock spring. i was very nervous about tackling this. but since this was going to be an extra vehicle, i figured, worse thing that would happen is that it would still be the same as it has been. and since she had her truck now, it didn't matter how long this took me. well, that went surprisingly well. finished it in a couple hours, and only took that long b/c i had to change some things since the clock spring wasn't exactly the same. found a clock spring on ebay for $17!

so she has her truck (she will still drive the car when she has to drive to VA for work), but i get to rock it when she isn't driving to VA, lol.

when we 1st got her car and after the tint was installed.

when i 1st started to drive it.

as it currently sits. used marine vinyl to cover the chrome around the windows.
I like the marine vinyl cover over the chrome I was gonna take them off an paint them black but your method looks way easier.
ebxgsxr (08-20-18)
Old 08-18-18, 01:31 PM
IC1970
Driver School Candidate

First post ! Today I finally purchased my first Lexus LS. I have previously owned an ´10 GS 450h, but LS has always been my dream. These are quite expensive beasts here in Finland, but, I am now a proud owner of 2002 LS430, with 295K kilometers (185K miles). Minor issues here and there, but in overall very fine vehicle. First 100 km behind and loved every one.

Exterior is almost perfect, new antenna is needed, but otherwise all good. Inside is a little wear in drivers seat and Mark Levinson´s has been ripped, no sign of cd-changer, right front speaker is silent etc. Need to replace all speakers, buy a new BT-radio etc. Step by step, in time, hoping for a relatively long relationship with this one !
Old 08-18-18, 05:30 PM
shaund
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve read a lot of complaints about air suspension. I have had very good experiences with Lexus air suspension.
my first was a 1991 ls400. I bought the car new and I had the dealer release some air and lower the car about 1.5 inches in the front and 1” in the rear. I owned that car for 76k miles without any problems. My second car with air suspension was a2005 es330 I purchased new and also had the dealer lower the car. I owned that car for 144k miles without any problems. My current Lexus IS a 2004 LS 430 with 51k miles. (I got rid of a 2008 S550,) that’s right I much prefer my LS430 over the S class. I can list 25 reasons why I love my Lexus much more than I did my Mercedes. I’ve owned 6 Mercedes and 4 Lexus and I’ll never again own a Mercedes. I test drove a 2012 Ls460 and was very disappointed.The Ls430 is the best Lexus ever made so I will only drive it 5k mi a year and keep it til I die.
Old 08-20-18, 08:13 AM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
I like the marine vinyl cover over the chrome I was gonna take them off an paint them black but your method looks way easier.

plus, the vinyl should withstand impacts from rocks compared to paint.
Old 08-28-18, 11:17 PM
4litre
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Contrats. Looks like a winner. Enjoy!!!!
Smoothing out the rough spots little by little. Thanks!
Old 09-01-18, 03:28 PM
03TXLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

​​​​​​Recently bought my ‘03 LS430. So far I’ve bought 18” chrome 5 spokes, 245/45 Yokohama’s, tan/sand wheelskins cover, and a new walnut shift ****. A little compounding and polishing the exterior and cleaning the carpet, headliner and seats brought it back to life - planning on keeping this one until the wheels fall off, dream car for me.
boostinsc (12-07-23)
Old 09-01-18, 03:41 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by 03TXLS
​​​​​​Recently bought my ‘03 LS430. So far I’ve bought 18” chrome 5 spokes, 245/45 Yokohama’s, tan/sand wheelskins cover, and a new walnut shift ****. A little compounding and polishing the exterior and cleaning the carpet, headliner and seats brought it back to life - planning on keeping this one until the wheels fall off, dream car for me.
Beautiful!
Old 09-02-18, 12:11 PM
Skinoooo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ls430 on 22inches davinci rims still rides smooth !!!

Ls430 on 22inches davinci rims what y'all think?
Old 09-10-18, 10:36 PM
smithy63
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Heres my 2001

The following 2 users liked this post by smithy63:
Peteryun (11-30-21), Z7USUDRV (04-07-23)

Quick Reply: Ultimate LS430 picture thread