Press the service button...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-04, 07:55 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Question Press the service button...

Help,
Everytime I turn the car on, I hear this voice telling me that "The Lexus Link feature is not active, if you would like to activate your Lexus link system, press the services button now."

HOW DO I TURN THIS CRAP OFF? I can turn the volume down, but it still plays and I can still hear it. It also delays the music until it finishes telling me about the Lexus Link.

Also, I getting tired of hitting "AGREE" every time I start the car. The Nav system has this reminder that you must "agree" everytime you sit down to drive.

Any suggestions, besides a chill pill?
Old 11-15-04, 09:22 AM
audphile1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are not using the nav, shut the screen off. hit options, then display then screen off. it won't turn on next time you start the car. if need to use audiom just hit audio button, do whatever you have to do and hit audio button again to turn the screen off. about lexus link, I don't know how to turn it off. for that, I think the chill pill would do.
Old 11-15-04, 10:07 AM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I turn my screen off as well.

I believe there was a service bulletin that Lexus will take your whole Lexus link system out.
Since it will stop working in the near future.

Hope this help.
Old 11-15-04, 11:27 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

i had them replace it with the normal sunglass holder since this service will no longer exist in the near future.
Old 11-15-04, 02:28 PM
electro992
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On our LX, there was a fuse designated as Lexus Link in the engine bay. Take that out, and no more voice when you start the car.
Old 11-15-04, 02:51 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Default Fuse Concern

Removing a fuse? Sounds like a recipe for other problems. Any gremlins show up afterward?
Old 11-15-04, 03:18 PM
electro992
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Nope, the only gripe is that is alos removes the voic command fuction, but we never used that anyway .
Old 11-16-04, 02:19 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Thumbs down Hmmmm

Remove the voice navigation... and lose the WOW factor with all my guests... Can't do it. Guess they'll just have to hear the annoying message and realize that I'm too cheap to pay for that service.
Old 11-16-04, 02:29 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Did you try pressing the volume button on your overhead console?
I believe if you lower the volume enough, it should turn off that Lexus Link prompt........

That's how I turn off the "Lexus Link System is active" prompt.

good luck

Last edited by TRD-bB; 11-16-04 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 04:53 PM
unrealii
Driver

What are the reasons for Lexus discontinuing the Lexus Link? Good thing my family bought this car used...Lexus Link shows up as a $1200 charge on the original sticker
Old 12-01-04, 12:00 PM
unrealii
Driver

bump

Anyone know why this is being discontinued?
Old 12-01-04, 02:36 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

As I read in another thread, they are introducing a digital system soon, as analog service will seize to exist in '07.
Old 12-02-04, 08:37 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

just had my Lexus Link removed at the stealer, under warranty free of charge. No more byatch speaking every time I start the car, and somewhere to put my sunglasses!

On the side, how do you get the voice prompts during nav guidance to shut up? I'm too lazy to look it up in my manual.
Old 01-19-05, 08:49 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Default Removal Partly Completed

Update to everyone who visited this thread...

I made an appointment at Lexus of Huntsville (Alabama). They took my VIN before I made arrived at the dealer in order to get the right part. I asked several times if this service was free, as I am outside of the warranty period. They ensured me it was covered by Lexus.

After sitting in the waiting room for over an hour, I was informed that the part that was being replaced didn't match the color of my overhead console. They also told me that they didn't have a part that would match and would have to re-order it. I left the dealer with a car that is only partly completed. I have a hole where the sunglasses holder should be. At least no wires are hanging down and it doesn't look too bad. The annoying voice is gone!

However, I cannot understand how these people can use my VIN and then have a part with the wrong color... I'll let you all know how much longer I have to wait for my car to be complete..
Old 01-21-05, 12:09 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Default Done!

The people at the dealer completed the Lexus Link Removal for free, as previously promissed. The sunglasses holder is not in place and I'm happy with the results. However, getting those results was aggrivating. I sat in the lobby for another 1.5 hours so they could just pop the sunglasses holder (plastic) in place.

I also looked at the new 2005 LS430 Ultra and didn't see many changes from 2001. Other than the rear cooled seats, blue tooth, smart key, and adaptive headlights, not much else changed.

The salesman also pointed out the engine. He reved the engine up to 5000 rpms while my hand was resting on the engine shroud. Very little vibration or movement. Smooth as silk! Amazing. Thy that in another car, the engine usually has alot of movement.

Anyway, job is done, looks good, and it was done at no cost. Case closed...

Quick Reply: Press the service button...