LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Lexus LS400 1999 add bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-17, 03:29 PM
ewagsjr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus LS400 1999 add bluetooth?

I have an LS400 and I'm looking add bluetooth so I dont have to mess with the cassette tape anymore. The only issue is I have a model that included the touchscreen where all the buttons such as radio and A/C are integrated with the functions on the touch screen(if anyone can tell me exactly what version my lexus is i would highly appreciate it). Is there anything I can even do with the radio considering all the buttons are dependent on the touch screen?
Old 11-13-17, 03:34 PM
ewagsjr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...-ls400-017.jpg

This is the touch screen I have but the controls around the screen are tan. Has anyone done anything with it before?
Old 11-13-17, 08:44 PM
Yamae

Received 855 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by ewagsjr
This is the touch screen I have but the controls around the screen are tan. Has anyone done anything with it before?
I don't know this is effective for your LS400 to add a bluetooth but my JDM 98 Celsior has a factory build-in external video/audio input line. It is located at the centre console. I needed to remove the centre console to access it though. In order to use it, an adapter as is shown in the first photo is convenient to connect RCA type connectors. I used to use this way to connect my cell phone as well as to listen to MP3 music. It was simple and convenient but there were 2 problems.

1, I always needed to select the TV mode then to set video to catch the phone.
2, The sub woofer didn't work and it was not fully OK to listen to the music.

My next step was to analyse the circuit board in the navi unit and find out the way to solve above 2 problems. The second photo shows the result of my analysis. You can find the detail of it at the Celsiorup.com below in Japanese.
http://celsiorup.com/cgi/ita/itacel....ber=38943&no=0

Simply summarize the content, there were 2 pins that accept external audio signals whatever you selected the mode. I mean whatever you select AM/FM/CD/TV/ Casset, you can listen to the audio signal applied to the pin 2 for R and for 6 for L of IC451. This method is quite convenient to use a cell phone but in order to listen to the mp3 music, you need to mute the selected button's audio signals. The simple and easy method would be to use a dummy Casset adapter or a FM adapter with no audio signal. Of course you need to select one of those.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LS400 1999 add bluetooth?-video-adapter-for-celsior.jpg   Lexus LS400 1999 add bluetooth?-audio-ic-input-pins-for-celsior.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
georgy (06-18-19)