LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Rough Idle After Water

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-17, 06:37 AM
Yamae

Received 854 Likes on 646 Posts

How much was the ripple voltage?
Old 09-21-17, 09:30 AM
Moarpower
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamae
How much was the ripple voltage?
Not sure if you are trying to help me solve my issue or if you just want it to be ECU related. Unfortunately for me it is NOT ECU related as I have 2 other fully functioning ECUs. I have swapped in one of the 2 and the issue is still there. This is what happened when I had a faulty AFM. People telling me it was my ECU no matter what Id say. Replaced the AFM and all better. Sorry but the ECU is not always the culprit.
Please stop suggesting I check the ECU again as it really is just wasting my time at this point.

Last edited by Moarpower; 09-21-17 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-21-17, 09:46 AM
Moarpower
Lead Lap

Again I have proven my own point here. People are too quick to jump on the ECU as the cause of the issues.

Replaced the passenger side ignition coil with a used one I had around and replaced the cats after i removed the inside of them. Problem is gone. Thanks.
Old 09-21-17, 02:57 PM
oldskewel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Moarpower
Not sure if you are trying to help me solve my issue or if you just want it to be ECU related. Unfortunately for me it is NOT ECU related as I have 2 other fully functioning ECUs. I have swapped in one of the 2 and the issue is still there. This is what happened when I had a faulty AFM. People telling me it was my ECU no matter what Id say. Replaced the AFM and all better. Sorry but the ECU is not always the culprit.
Please stop suggesting I check the ECU again as it really is just wasting my time at this point.
Well you might be wasting lots of other peoples' time if you're giving information about your problem that is not accurate. You seem to have said that you did check the ripple voltage, and based on what you're saying recently, it seems there is maybe some doubt in that. I personally like to help people, but I also like to do it when I have accurate information, and have no interest when the information is intentionally inaccurate. As hard as you are finding it to solve the problem yourself, it is even harder for those of us who were trying based on inaccurate descriptions of the problem. Good luck fixing it. Sounds like you're onto it with the cats.
Old 09-21-17, 04:23 PM
Moarpower
Lead Lap

Oldskewel, I CLEARLY said I used an Oscilloscope to check the ECU and it was fine. That is a fact. My priority is fixing an issue with my car, so when someone gives me a tip I follow it and if its not the issue, I move on.. Im not counterproductive and have better things to do with my time than sit down at my pc to say I checked something, when I didn't. Especially when this thing could be the issue I am trying to fix..
Originally Posted by oldskewel
when the information is intentionally inaccurate. As hard as you are finding it to solve the problem yourself, it is even harder for those of us who were trying based on inaccurate descriptions of the problem..
What inaccurate descriptions are you talking about? How is any info I gave INTENTIONALLY inaccurate? Do you assume that I simply make up information for the hell of it? Thats is an interesting way to look at the words you read and its honestly a little insulting.
As for me wasting other peoples time. If I say I check something, and someone says "You didnt check it right" or tells me to check again, choosing not to accept that I already checked it, THEY ARE WASTING THEIR OWN TIME, not the other way around. Thats a fact mate. Im not a moron. I am a busy adult male with ****e that I need to get done.

Again, I proved my own point. If you read my previous post, I fixed it and it wasnt the ECU

Last edited by Moarpower; 09-21-17 at 04:41 PM.